• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Get a wii u :) i sold both my 360 and ps3 after buying mine as they were just gathering dust!! all games look slightly better on wii u!! sharper and clearer and this is just in the lazy straight ports!! i seriously love mine and its brought the fun back to gaming for me :)

#22 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

... i would have sold 360 OR ps3, then sell the other parway into there nextgen releases.

yes wiiU graphics are sharper and clearer, some games like AC3 lacked some texturing, but that has to do with lazyports instead of wiiU graphics capabilities. wait till march when the games start comming in

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I also sold my PS3 and 360 and got the Wii U. Haven't looked back since. The upcoming games look great, the launch lineup is the best console launch lineup in recent memory, and there is more to come at e3.

Worth the purchase and if you have even a halfway decent gaming PC you will have no need to own PS3 or 360 unless you are a hardcore fan of one of their exclusives.

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I also sold my PS3 and 360 and got the Wii U. Haven't looked back since. The upcoming games look great, the launch lineup is the best console launch lineup in recent memory, and there is more to come at e3.
Worth the purchase and if you have even a halfway decent gaming PC you will have no need to own PS3 or 360 unless you are a hardcore fan of one of their exclusives.

Personally I think its a mistake selling the PS3 and Xbox 360 as this is going to be one of the best years they are going to have in terms of top class quality games a lot of which won't be released on the Wii U. You don't need to be a hardcore fan of exclusives and the PC can't make up for all the games that won't be released for it. As for the best console launch line up in recent memory hardly. The Wii U launch line up was poor with most of the quality games being ports of games that came out several months and in one case over a year before on other consoles. The PS Vita had a far better launch line up then the Wii U.

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Personally I think its a mistake selling the PS3 and Xbox 360 as this is going to be one of the best years they are going to have in terms of top class quality games a lot of which won't be released on the Wii U. You don't need to be a hardcore fan of exclusives and the PC can't make up for all the games that won't be released for it. As for the best console launch line up in recent memory hardly. The Wii U launch line up was poor with most of the quality games being ports of games that came out several months and in one case over a year before on other consoles. The PS Vita had a far better launch line up then the Wii U.

The multiplats coming for PS3 and 360, at least the good ones, will be on PC as well. I played the recently released exclusives before selling them and the ones coming out I have zero interest in. Honestly it depends on what types of games someone is interested in and what they want to invest their time in. Between SWTOR and all of the Zelda titles I'm catching up on I'm good for now. I don't play FPS games on consoles so what I'm looking for are RPGs and platformers.

As far as the Wii U launch lineup I was satisfied with it, and was referring to consoles in any case. Vita never appealed to me, I got a 3DS XL instead, so honestly I don't know what games are available for it or what it launched with. Even the laziest ports on the Wii U are good games, and even gimped I enjoyed Madden, mostly for the playcalling. The sheer number of available games available across nearly every genre is what makes it one of the best launches IMO. They really did try to appeal to everyone, not the lowest common denominator.

I totally appreciate your opinion! I just didn't get any use out of either of the other systems at the time, and none of the upcoming games appeal to me, personally, so it was a win win for me, declutter the media closet and get a new system with some promising upcoming and available games.

#26 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I too would say the wii u had a great launch line up wether most of the games were ports or not,assasins creed 3,darksiders 2,batman,mario and a cod which most people (NOT me) think is the best cod EVER!! for a launch thats not bad at all....and as for the vita lol i was one of the fools that got one at launch and the games were poop,they are still poop now with little big planet the ONLY game worthy of the system,the 3ds is ALOT better all round imo.

Edited by syks-1, 31 January 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I too would say the wii u had a great launch line up wether most of the games were ports or not,assasins creed 3,darksiders 2,batman,mario and a cod which most people (NOT me) think is the best cod EVER!! for a launch thats not bad at all....and as for the vita lol i was one of the fools that got one at launch and the games were poop,they are still poop now with little big planet the ONLY game worthy of the system,the 3ds is ALOT better all round imo.

Well that's a matter of opinion and one I don't agree with. The Wii U launch line up was average at best. The PS Vita launch line up was pretty impressive with a lot of top quality games. I think I had bought around 10 games at launch something I've never done before. Anyone who thinks the Vita launch was poor must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

#28 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well that's a matter of opinion and one I don't agree with. The Wii U launch line up was average at best. The PS Vita launch line up was pretty impressive with a lot of top quality games. I think I had bought around 10 games at launch something I've never done before. Anyone who thinks the Vita launch was poor must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Interesting you enjoyed the vita launch lineup,i too bought about 7 games and ALL of them were poop,ok they were fun to begin with and playing with those type of graphics in a handheld was really cool but name just 5 good vita launch games that match up to those 5 i mentioned above for the wii u...

Peace

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Interesting you enjoyed the vita launch lineup,i too bought about 7 games and ALL of them were poop,ok they were fun to begin with and playing with those type of graphics in a handheld was really cool but name just 5 good vita launch games that match up to those 5 i mentioned above for the wii u...
Peace

There are a lot of people out there who would disagree with you. There is a difference between whether you actually like the games or not and if they are technically quality games. Just because you didn't like most of them doesn't mean the games were poor because they weren't. Most of them were originals or new games in existing franchises as opposed to ports.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#30 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

There are a lot of people out there who would disagree with you. There is a difference between whether you actually like the games or not and if they are technically quality games. Just because you didn't like most of them doesn't mean the games were poor because they weren't. Most of them were originals or new games in existing franchises as opposed to ports.

As there are alot of people that would disagree with you about the wii u!! lol lets agree to disagree :)

Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!