Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

http://www.destructo...ue-244067.phtml

Finally he admits that he needs to better promote Nintendo. I think it was obvious a long time ago.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

he could avoid some hardware parts or aditional parts, to make gamers life easier instead of promotion. So basically thats a stupid Miyamoto thought...

1) all controllers with headphone ports
2) higher usb voltage to avoid the none self powered hdd conflicts.
3) ethernet port
4) more voltage in the psu - more raw power for the wii U for feature games, but with the same efficiency.

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think they should of aswell.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

he could avoid some hardware parts or aditional parts, to make gamers life easier instead of promotion. So basically thats a stupid Miyamoto thought...

1) all controllers with headphone ports
2) higher usb voltage to avoid the none self powered hdd conflicts.
3) ethernet port
4) more voltage in the psu - more raw power for the wii U for feature games, but with the same efficiency.

Why do all Wii U critics only look at the petty stuff? The Wii U is becoming a great system overall despite a rough start.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I refer to stuff, that is un-important from the specs in the paper, its little things that cost nothing to be implemented. I bet a feature version of wii U, may have most of these as an upgrade. (eg. the pro controller with headphone port and ethernet port)

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

I refer to stuff, that is un-important from the specs in the paper, its little things that cost nothing to be implemented. I bet a feature version of wii U, may have most of these as an upgrade.

Thats true but im sure there are more important things to tackle first.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

With commercials like these, I agree with Miyamoto that Nintendo needs better ( and more) advertising.

#8 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

they def. didnt advertise well, I still know alot of people that have no clue what it is or they think its an add on to the wii. They should of went with a differwnt name I think that would of grabbed some poeples attention

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

they def. didnt advertise well, I still know alot of people that have no clue what it is or they think its an add on to the wii. They should of went with a differwnt name I think that would of grabbed some poeples attention

kindv wondered if they wouldv sold better if it wasnt named "wii"u

For him, it's all about ensuring people understand the truth -- that they totally want a Wii U, whether they know it yet or not. Now that's some confidence!

lol nice

#10 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

he still can promote the wii u better, last time i checked we're still in the early months. pick the ball up Nintendo, don't just let it keep rolling around on the floor.
NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

It could of been done a lot better than it was but I'm happy so............

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

For some reason, Nintendo can create absolutely mind-blowing hardware and innovate like nobody's business.

But they can't market their stuff worth dookey.

They did a great job marketing the NES. You couldn't go anywhere without it being "in your face."

The snes sold itself.

The N64 was also marketed very well. So was the gameboy advance.

Somehow, starting with the GameCube, Nintendo begs. Losing the battle of public perception. No doubt the elementary school lunch pale style of the gcn had something to do with that. But do did the way it was marketed.

Nintendo had the most powerful system ( superior to ps2, on par with Xbox), but they hampered it with no DVD playback. It was unnecessary. They didn't even have to pay the $20 fee if they sold the feature unlock with a seperate remote.

Nintendo has, starting with n64 (which needed optical media badly), had a history of stupid compromises just to be different.

The wii's compromise was power. And no DVD playback again. But that system was actually marketed very well.

It seems Nintendo can do one of two things, but not both. Either they under deliver on the hardware and over deliver on the marketing or vice versa.

With the wii u, they invested so much on creating a nearly perfect gaming machine that they forgot to market the thing in. Clear and concise way.

What's sad is Nintendo seems too proud to ask for help (ie/ competent, forward thinking ad firms) and continue to do it their way.

The wii u is tremendous. Now they just need to market it as such and narrow down their selling points. Then go nuclear on tv, radio, Internet, and print for 6 months.

#13 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

The best thing for Nintendo that Miyamoto could do would be to step down. That man seriously has problems when it comes to modern game design.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

The best thing for Nintendo that Miyamoto could do would be to step down. That man seriously has problems when it comes to modern game design.

You may have a point.
His principles are great. But he may actually be a hindrance in some cases nowadays.
Sacrilege I know.
He should be an advisor with someone one step above who is more forward thinking (not necessarily younger). Iwata is not that guy either.

#15 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

You may have a point.
His principles are great. But he may actually be a hindrance in some cases nowadays.
Sacrilege I know.
He should be an advisor with someone one step above who is more forward thinking (not necessarily younger). Iwata is not that guy either.

Yeah, like how recently Miyamoto ruined Sticker Star. Very disappointed in the majority of things he does lately.

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

In the U.S. it seems that Reggie has been minimized to some extent by iwatas need to be the global public face of Nintendo and wii u.

The only problem with that is Reggie actually pushed the wii to record sales and marketed the little underpowered piece of junk so well that no one saw its weakness. Only it's strength.

Now it seems Reggie is limited to a public speaker when iwata wants him to. It's a Japanese pride thing and it sucks. The wii u itself is killer. But they need to realize they suck at marketing, public speaking, and even forward thinking in some areas and empower others who are more gifted in those areas to work on their behalf.

#17 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

The rumor is that they fired their US and UK marketing agencies, which is why we are getting the very poor ads we have now.

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

No carp. Here in aus if you did not walk into an eb games you wouldnt have known about it until about a week or so after launch they ran one TV add.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

The rumor is that they fired their US and UK marketing agencies, which is why we are getting the very poor ads we have now.

kindv wondered if they wouldv sold better if it wasnt named "wii"u

I have to agree with you. They should have named it NESU or something. Go back to basics with the name, and add Nintendo back onto the console name.

#20 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have to agree with you. They should have named it NESU or something. Go back to basics with the name, and add Nintendo back onto the console name.

what would be cool and have the option to choose the nes skin for your console :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!