Photo

To all the Wii U / Nintendo apologists....

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Give it a break!

Just read through a number of posts - some with real concern over the investment that people have made by buying a Wii U - and all that follws are a raft of negative comments and attacks to demean the poster - you all need to wake up!

So far, the Wii U is a massive dissapointment. ZombiU - great game but limited longevity due to lack of online (no, leader board comparison is not online play - that's right! spit the dummy/pacifier out, lash out, you know you can't resist! - lol). SMBU - Great.. HD 2d mario, no really,..... great....

NintendoLand - not bad as a party game to play with kids - as an innovative title to 'show' what the Wii U can do? It sucks balls, Big Ones!

3rd party titles - c'mon! Played and dusted way before on other platforms.

Nintendo's 1st party support? Absolutely atrocious! Iwata nodding like a bobble head does not substitute for a TOTAL failure in support the Wii U - It's sheer arrogance and a abuse of Nintendo fans and early adopters.

Yes, great, 1st party titles are coming. hmmm, going by Nintendo's release 'streak' we'll be playing those in 2015, great.

Wind Waker si coming! I'm so excited. Yeah right. This is why Nintendo remain arrogant. It's great to be nostalgic, but to release old games in new fangled.... '!!!! HD !!!!!' and for this to be lapped up is why the Wii U will possible follow the Cube - great titles, rubbish 3rd party support.

Iwata cares about the shareholders - as he should do. Care for gamers and the need or want to enjoy Nintendo products? No way.

This post isn't to provoke a response - it's the truth. It's the current sorry state of affairs that the Wii U is facing. Plenty of members of this forum are thinking the same way, but they may not want to voice their opinions - me ha! I paid my money and so far, I was most definitely robbed.

Ok, apologists, attack and rant away...

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I agree with most of this, but the way it was delivered is just as childish and idiotic as the wii u apologists, makng it just as bad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Give it a break!
Just read through a number of posts - some with real concern over the investment that people have made by buying a Wii U - and all that follws are a raft of negative comments and attacks to demean the poster - you all need to wake up!
So far, the Wii U is a massive dissapointment. ZombiU - great game but limited longevity due to lack of online (no, leader board comparison is not online play - that's right! spit the dummy/pacifier out, lash out, you know you can't resist! - lol). SMBU - Great.. HD 2d mario, no really,..... great....
NintendoLand - not bad as a party game to play with kids - as an innovative title to 'show' what the Wii U can do? It sucks balls, Big Ones!
3rd party titles - c'mon! Played and dusted way before on other platforms.
Nintendo's 1st party support? Absolutely atrocious! Iwata nodding like a bobble head does not substitute for a TOTAL failure in support the Wii U - It's sheer arrogance and a abuse of Nintendo fans and early adopters.
Yes, great, 1st party titles are coming. hmmm, going by Nintendo's release 'streak' we'll be playing those in 2015, great.
Wind Waker si coming! I'm so excited. Yeah right. This is why Nintendo remain arrogant. It's great to be nostalgic, but to release old games in new fangled.... '!!!! HD !!!!!' and for this to be lapped up is why the Wii U will possible follow the Cube - great titles, rubbish 3rd party support.
Iwata cares about the shareholders - as he should do. Care for gamers and the need or want to enjoy Nintendo products? No way.
This post isn't to provoke a response - it's the truth. It's the current sorry state of affairs that the Wii U is facing. Plenty of members of this forum are thinking the same way, but they may not want to voice their opinions - me ha! I paid my money and so far, I was most definitely robbed.
Ok, apologists, attack and rant away...

You do have a fair point,

I love my wii u and happen like nintendoland but only when mates round, zombiu decent but could do with multiplayer, im lucky as i have darksidders, batman and cod which dont have on other systems, but the lack of software happens with many consoles at launch especially in europe i paid like £500 for my ps3 to have 1 game and hdmi cable at launch and i liked that but at time many of those launch games were on xbox360 so same arguement there as for ps3

So as much as your point is a valid one the problem occurs for most consoles at first.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

POPULAR

Everyone holds value different man. I love my Wii U and I don't feel robbed at all. If I would of I wouldn't buy new consoles at launch. Every console at launch has these issues. The Nextbox and PS4 people will be complaining just like we are. I'm stoked for E3 and all the new releases we will see , especially 3rd Quarter on. People who mother dog and moan about these issues deserve to be smacked, you didn't need to buy the console at launch. You made the choice and it's your own fault.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Jamie100

Jamie100

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

It's true at all consoles launch this problem occurs I paid £500 for ps3 at launch to have 1 game and many other launch titles was on Xbox 360 so it takes bout year for good games come out on the console

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Totally agree about Windwaker. I could understand if it was an amazing game that was 20 or so years old, but windwaker is only just 10 years old. I'll wait and see how much they charge for it, but generally I only pay full price for these "HD collection" games like Prince of Persia and Hitman.

#7 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

I love my Wii U, and while I agree with a few of your points (to a point though) I don't think that I have been cheated with my purchase. I have had so much fun playing Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U and those are better launch titles than I have seen on any other console. I do think that Nintendo was rushing the Wii U out for this past holiday season, but ended up working out great. And with the promise of The Wonderful 101, Bayoneta 2,Waker HD, a new 3D Mario, a new Mario Kart, Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem, "Monolith X", the next Zelda, Smash Bros. 4 and more! They have me excited. And there are also the games I haven't picked up from launch I want to get. I just don't have the money to keep up with all the stuff I want to get.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

it's very simple for nintendo too fix this they just need too advertise the hell out of the machine and it's unique qualities and also make up with the third party developers they seem too have cheesed off somehow.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#9 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Done arguing about consoles, its so stupid. the games will come, and for those who enjoy them, they will buy them.
same with the Nextbox
same with ps4

are Nintendo, sony and MS competitors, yes, but in reality NONE OF THEM are failing or going to FAIL!, each has an audience of fans. Just because 1 console sells more than another, or a multiplat title sells more on one system doesn't take away from the others.

#10 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

i agree with some things here, but i could have waited later to buy the wii u. I realy like it and the direction its heading but there was nothing that I had to get on it right away but I can't change the past and at least I have it already one ready when the good games start flowing

#11 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I agree with most of your points, Paz....except for a couple...

Nah, I disagree. It may not have the same impact and wow that Wii Sports and the Wii remote demonstrated, but I think NintendoLand utilizes the GamePad in unique and interesting ways. I think it's great fun. To each their own...

I don't understand the big deal. No one is obligated to buy it. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It's one of my favorite 3D Zeldas. Besides, this will be a great opportunity for those that never got a chance to experience the original game on GC. Also, if we're gonna call Nintendo arrogant for releasing HD remakes of old games, you might as well throw Sony and Microsoft in the "arrogant" column as well.

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 10 February 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Now it's time for my Xbox and PS3 LAUNCH games review

All boring games from last gen nothing new here.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I agree with most of your points, Paz....except for a couple...
Nah, I disagree. It may not have the same impact and wow that Wii Sports and the Wii remote demonstrated, but I think NintendoLand utilizes the GamePad in unique and interesting ways. I think it's great fun. To each their own...
I don't understand the big deal. No one is obligated to buy it. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It's one of my favorite 3D Zeldas. Besides, this will be a great opportunity for those that never got a chance to experience the original game on GC. Also, if we're gonna call Nintendo arrogant for releasing HD remakes of old games, you might as well throw Sony and Microsoft in the "arrogant" column as well.

Actually, Nintendos the only one whos actually remaking the game. The others just re-released the same games in a higher resolution.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

-Give it a break!
-Just read through a number of posts - some with real concern over the investment that people have made by buying a Wii U - and all that follws are a raft of negative comments and attacks to demean the poster - you all need to wake up!
-So far, the Wii U is a massive dissapointment. ZombiU - great game but limited longevity due to lack of online (no, leader board comparison is not online play - that's right! spit the dummy/pacifier out, lash out, you know you can't resist! - lol). SMBU - Great.. HD 2d mario, no really,..... great....
-NintendoLand - not bad as a party game to play with kids - as an innovative title to 'show' what the Wii U can do? It sucks balls, Big Ones!
-3rd party titles - c'mon! Played and dusted way before on other platforms.
-Nintendo's 1st party support? Absolutely atrocious! Iwata nodding like a bobble head does not substitute for a TOTAL failure in support the Wii U - It's sheer arrogance and a abuse of Nintendo fans and early adopters.
-Yes, great, 1st party titles are coming. hmmm, going by Nintendo's release 'streak' we'll be playing those in 2015, great.
-Wind Waker si coming! I'm so excited. Yeah right. This is why Nintendo remain arrogant. It's great to be nostalgic, but to release old games in new fangled.... '!!!! HD !!!!!' and for this to be lapped up is why the Wii U will possible follow the Cube - great titles, rubbish 3rd party support.
-Iwata cares about the shareholders - as he should do. Care for gamers and the need or want to enjoy Nintendo products? No way.
-This post isn't to provoke a response - it's the truth. It's the current sorry state of affairs that the Wii U is facing. Plenty of members of this forum are thinking the same way, but they may not want to voice their opinions - me ha! I paid my money and so far, I was most definitely robbed.
-Ok, apologists, attack and rant away...

I've only played through some of ZombiU on the demo, so I can't say much about the game. But how does online really fit into a survival horror that was made to be one player? I did see a video once that apparently sometimes other players backpack or something end up on your game, like it has online, but no. I don't care for the lack of online, as I never play. I only ever play Local unless I'm playing something like a handheld title.
What else did you expect from a NSMB title? I think it's fun and enjoyable, as I pretty much ignored the previous NSMB titles. Love the SMW world layout and baby yoshis.

I think it's better than WiiPlay. And some of the games are pretty difficult. Good Party game not much more than that like Mario Party. But it's not meant to take so seriously. Wipeout?

Yes because there so many new 3rd party titles that were ready to be released by the time the Wii U came out. It's new, thus new games are gonna come. I only owned the Wii. well we do have a 360, but we never bought any of the titles that came to the Wii U. So all good for here. The Wii U version is usually the best one.

Yes show me the complete first part support for the other consoles... Nintendo has more.

Maybe the next SSB and Zelda. But the rest 2013/2014. And Nintendo is not Activision / EA who throw out a rehashed title every year, Nintendo games are worked hard on, thus adding the extra layer of magic on their games. Plus Nintendo has smaller development teams, I believe their working on that, maybe.

It's just a hold off until Zelda U because of Development time. Like Pokemon Yellow was to gold/silver. Yes new game, but basically the same. This is the first time Nintendo has entered this category. Oh but what happens when others do it? It's looked better upon probably.
Not defending Nintendo, just giving my honesty. I do think they need to advertise more, and better. I thought the cube had better 3rd party support, than the Wii that is.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 10 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#15 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I want to just say that I'm in agreement, but the way you worded things makes it sound even worse than those who defend things to the death. Whenever you state that, "it's the truth," the post needs fixed. It's just childish to state such a thing (unless it is objectively, 100%, no doubt about it, true).

I also don't agree with your opinion on Nintendo Land, nor Wind Waker. Nintendo Land is a nice show of what the Gamepad can do, and does hold some fun. Just not enough for multiple months (Mario isn't enough for a few months either). Wind Waker HD's announcement did excite me, as it's my favorite Zelda game... However my eyes has issues with the bright color, so I can't play it on our larger HD TVs. That I'll be able to again is great.

Everyone holds value different man. I love my Wii U and I don't feel robbed at all. If I would of I wouldn't buy new consoles at launch. Every console at launch has these issues. The Nextbox and PS4 people will be complaining just like we are. I'm stoked for E3 and all the new releases we will see , especially 3rd Quarter on. People who mother dog and moan about these issues deserve to be smacked, you didn't need to buy the console at launch. You made the choice and it's your own fault.

To be fair, I was under the assumption that "Pikmin 3, Launch Title!" whenever I went to preorder it. That was the reason I got it at launch. So for them to just take that away was reallllly annoying.

#16 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Actually, Nintendos the only one whos actually remaking the game. The others just re-released the same games in a higher resolution.

While that's true, for the most part, Microsoft/343 did a remake of Halo:CE. They didn't simply slap a high resolution on the game and call it a day.
Posted Image

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

While that's true, for the most part, Microsoft/343 did a remake of Halo:CE. They didn't simply slap a high resolution on the game and call it a day.

Props to the saber engine for being able to switch from legacy to modern in real time. It would be awesome if we could do the same in windwaker.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I want to just say that I'm in agreement, but the way you worded things makes it sound even worse than those who defend things to the death. Whenever you state that, "it's the truth," the post needs fixed. It's just childish to state such a thing (unless it is objectively, 100%, no doubt about it, true).

I also don't agree with your opinion on Nintendo Land, nor Wind Waker. Nintendo Land is a nice show of what the Gamepad can do, and does hold some fun. Just not enough for multiple months (Mario isn't enough for a few months either). Wind Waker HD's announcement did excite me, as it's my favorite Zelda game... However my eyes has issues with the bright color, so I can't play it on our larger HD TVs. That I'll be able to again is great.

To be fair, I was under the assumption that "Pikmin 3, Launch Title!" whenever I went to preorder it. That was the reason I got it at launch. So for them to just take that away was reallllly annoying.

Have to be careful, they originally said "Launch Window" thats technically till end of March. Now obviously it was pushed back to 2nd. It is a bummer.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Props to the saber engine for being able to switch from legacy to modern in real time. It would be awesome if we could do the same in windwaker.

Indeed. They did an excellent job.
Posted Image

#20 Alecrein

Alecrein

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:Alecrein
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Dynasty Warriors

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I had to make an account to post on this. How many people here were around when the 3DS launched, how many months passed and how many "the 3DS is doomed" articles did you read? This Industry's Media skews to Microsoft and Sony. Look at the Vita, I think I read 1 article saying it was a failure within its first 3 months. A year later we are finally seeing "Maybe it is a failure" articles, they refuse to state the fact that system is vastly underselling what it is supposed to. I'm not going to apologize for obvious mistakes Nintendo has made, the problem is I think this is a perceived problem when the only the problem is the typical New System drought in games. In 3 Months we will know for a fact if all this BS the Media is stating holds water or if it is all just huff and puff from a vastly Nintendo hating industry. I love games and have no preferential treatment, but I hate when all I see is venom being spouted in an industry that I love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!