Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Examiner

With all the speculation that has been gathering around Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox 720, many developers are beginning to provide opinions on these next generation systems. In regards to this, Crytek recently commented on their expectations for the Xbox 720 and PS4.

As reported by OXCGN on Feb. 7, Crysis 3 Producer Mike Read states that the studio wants more power first and foremost. Crytek is one studio that has been known to push the boundaries of current hardware in order to take current systems to their limits. “I think that whatever they end up delivering there are a lot of things that we want, and as you said more power is originally at the core of what we want. We want to be able to deliver a similar experience graphically to console gamers as much as we do in pushing the PC.”

“Being a producer, I deal with all different people, so I’m sure talking to the Art guy they’ll be like “Yeah, we want more graphics!” talking to the Level Design team, “We want more processing power!” and the Technical guys they want a little bit of everything.”

#2 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

...Crytek doesn't get that processing power, while it matters, isn't everything.

Edited by Bane, 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

The way I see is, if your going to make a super powerful system its gonna cost your consumers $$. But if you want to make your console stand out you need to do something different. Like Nintendo.

Edited by Colinx, 11 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

There needs to be a balance between power and innovation with consoles. Nintendo has done that with the Wii U.

Posted Image

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

That's what the people who want a ps4 and 720 want. More power.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!