#41 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

While yes, you are correct that everything is connected now a days. There are still a lot of people without broadband internet. I can already see the massive backlash they would get from casual gamers or parents buying for their kids and not knowing this...only to find out Christmas day they can't play their new video games because they don't have broadband.

Yeah this. A lot of people would not buy the console for this stupid rule.
No sig.

#42 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

They need at least some kind of throwback to Rrriiiidge raceeeeeeer! or Giant enemy crab.
No sig.

#43 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Well I for one would be/am prepared for using something like this its just simple progression in the war on piracy.Anyone who seems against this really must pirate (kill the industry) a lot.The idea that someone would be one of these machines not knowing is well silly.Be like buying a laptop for your home with no internet and wondering why it no worky
Posted Image

#44 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well I for one would be/am prepared for using something like this its just simple progression in the war on piracy.Anyone who seems against this really must pirate (kill the industry) a lot.The idea that someone would be one of these machines not knowing is well silly.Be like buying a laptop for your home with no internet and wondering why it no worky

That's a very ignorant attitude on Piracy. Generally, when antipiracy measures are put in place, piracy rates go up. Anti-piracy only offends the non-offenders, because the idea of a completely secure system is a myth. Also, being against antipiracy measures does not make someone a pirate, we call that absolute thinking, and by extension a thinking error. It's the same thing when people state that anyone who doesn't believe in Barack Obama's political objectives is racist.

The idea that a parent would buy a system their child asked for without realizing it requires constant connection is silly to you? Really? How often do you get out? Most people couldn't care less what the differences between Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are. Gamers who give a damn about all that are the vast majority, which is why people with political agendas can make completely ignorant statements about the affects of gaming on young children and people buy it hook, line, and sinker. They don't know, and they look to someone else to tell them what choices they should make, which in and of itself is a sad commentary on our current cultural trend.

Plenty of people buy laptops without internet at home, that's what aircards, and cell tethering were made for, and I have helped many people who had no idea why they couldn't get their computers to access the network from home.

It isn't simple progression in the war on piracy, it's war on people who actually pay money for their products. The PS3 never had issues with pirated material, so why would they need progression here? It's about the company's ability to see everything you do with what they believe is still their hardware and use the data they collect for targeted advertising, selling to partners, etc. Considering Sony's recent troubles with network security, some people would rather not be tied into their network all the time, and would rather they didn't have so much of their information, including tastes, preferences, gaming habits, etc.

#45 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Miyamoto will be there and announce that he know is working on a game for PS4,

#46 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

At firs I wasn't interested with PS4 but the last 24 hours have changed my mind, I;m really curious to see what card Sony are gonna play.................

#47 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'm reserving judgment til I see it in 1 hours time......

#48 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have no idea what to expect, but I'm pretty hyped and excited to see what Sony has to show.
Posted Image

#49 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

At current exchange rates,the prices would put it right in the neighbourhood of the wiiu price in the uk.Also on a sadder note it is now possible to buy a wiiu u premium for 230 pounds brand new from zavvi a full 100 pounds less than I paid.I bet there wont be any ps4 losing a third of its price in 3 months

What are you saying? Is the Wii U price in the UK equivalent to $429 or $529? If so those are some shady retailers. 230 pounds is the correct retail price for the system.

Also, expect it to cost a lot more in the UK if that was the case with the Wii U. They haven't announced UK pricing for it yet, I would expect somewhere around 400 pounds.

Edited by routerbad, 20 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#50 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

watching the event on ign i really like my ps3 so i'm looking forward too see what my next console will look like.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#51 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#52 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wow I actually did pretty good and hit some of the announcements spot on.
Posted Image

#53 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Killzone 4 will not be announced.

eat your hat. I've been saying all along it would be a launch title. Looks amazing.. The ps4 looks amazing.

#54 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

eat your hat. I've been saying all along it would be a launch title. Looks amazing.. The ps4 looks amazing.

I will happily eat my own hat as a huge Killzone fan, sony and gg had been pretty foward saying gg was working on a new ip (which I expected to be a different fps). Apparently that was a farce or purposeful misdirection.

#55 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I will happily eat my own hat as a huge Killzone fan, sony and gg had been pretty foward saying gg was working on a new ip (which I expected to be a different fps). Apparently that was a farce or purposeful misdirection.

are you from UK? we'll probs have to wait til early 2014 for the ps4 here. japan/US will get it by xmas...those son of a byatches! :)

#56 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

are you from UK? we'll probs have to wait til early 2014 for the ps4 here. japan/US will get it by xmas...those son of a byatches! :)

Australia, i'm hoping for once Sony gets there act together and we get it close to one another and not months later.

#57 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

It will FAIL... trust me
Here is the first info : Mandatory feature for an online subscription like xbox360 and stay always connected, be able to play. Also it will feature 2 models and will be released in November. More news, it will come with an upgraded camera (like kenekt). And it will have a built in feature to connect with every tablet or phone, you own...

Its typical of you trying to post such unfounded rumours as fact.

#58 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I will probably import my PS4 from North America. My PS3 is a US launch machine and I have a lot of US only blue ray movies.

#59 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I will probably import my PS4 from North America. My PS3 is a US launch machine and I have a lot of US only blue ray movies.

where's best to import from? (website) there was an app I had where I imported my ps3 7.1 headphones..cant remember the site now though

#60 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

it was not rumors... give me something from that sentence, that it is not true.

They asked after the show some Sony CO's, if ps4 must be connected all the time.. and the answer is " It can play offline to, it doesnt need to be connected all the time"

thats the same thing, of being connected all the time, because you MUST have internet access...

They have to be clear with this... can anybody with or without internet access, buy the console? This question is not answered.

Edited by Orion, 23 February 2013 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!