Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I was naive enough to think that he would eventually give up and everyone would move past it after the first few attempts. I suppose I was wrong and I should have contacted feldo about the troll earlier, as he made 5 accounts Friday, 8 yesterday, and about 5 more today.
But the community is part to blame for the forum "imploding" due to the obsession of the users with the troll and their public crisis with the site itself. The troll wanted a response and I'm sure after seeing that, he was more than satisfied.
Feldo made a status response about ignoring users who piss you off, and this includes the troll. That is pretty much the way to deal with a troll, even if he pretends to be me, Andy, or Moronblade.

It's not naive.
We gave her what she wanted. She'll be calm now for at least a few days.

I only wish everyone had their "goodbye" meltdowns two days ago, rather than trying to turn the gal into a forum meme.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well, I'm sorry for being too well emotionally fortified for your liking, Nollog.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I agree with the majority of what you said. I'll try to cut down on the threads I make in the cafe. I've been telling people to just ignore the trolls in the chat, but they never do. I've told them multiple times to just put them on their ignore list or just report them to a mod right away, they never do.

Hopefully this forum turns around for the better, this is a great forum and the quality has declined since around late December when Hari started stalking members.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I have to agree with most of what you say. I'll admit, I probably haven't done as much here as I could (I'll openly admit Mournblade's done a better job than I have recently). Some I'd peg on laziness on my part, some on stress from school, and some on just taking more time out recently to play games (after all, what's the point of being on a gaming forum if you don't spend a good chunk of your time playing games). Before I turn myself around on here though, I'm going to have to deal with number 2 on that list first. I've let some academic success from the first half of the year go to my head, and now I'm paying the price for it. I've allowed some of my grades to fall bellow my normal average, and I need to focus on turning that around while I've still got some time to before report cards go out. I'm not too far behind, so it shouldn't take me long, but that's going to have to be my top priority until then.
Posted Image

#25 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

We should have a vote on people to make new mods, kinda like an election :3

But that would result in the most popular member becoming mod rather than the member best suited to it. Moderators represent the forums, which is why it is so important for the staff to think carefully about such a decision.

I will also take part of the blame in regards to the troll incident that happened earlier

This is just a question out of curiosity, but did the troll's username have "yoshi" in it?

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#26 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

This is just a question out of curiosity, but did the troll's username have "yoshi" in it?

It was about 15 accounts, some included Zinlx, ifyoubanmeurgay, mourniade, moronblade, richkid100, and a few nonsense names and names I'll leave out.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

It was about 15 accounts, some included Zinlx, ifyoubanmeurgay, mourniade, moronblade, richkid100, and a few nonsense names and names I'll leave out.

The upside-down names indicate they were present in the chat around midnight GMT on the 24th.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I agree with the majority of what you said. I'll try to cut down on the threads I make in the cafe. I've been telling people to just ignore the trolls in the chat, but they never do. I've told them multiple times to just put them on their ignore list or just report them to a mod right away, they never do.

Ok cool. Not every topic you post is disgusting to read. I know you've posted in the gaming sections and perhaps one or two in the cafe have been okay. But mate, I don't come on here to read about 8 year olds having children, just saying.

And you know what, I am sorry. Sorry because you have numerous times told people to ignore, and that I only recall such things now.

And the forums did decline before Hari.

I have to agree with most of what you say. I'll admit, I probably haven't done as much here as I could (I'll openly admit Mournblade's done a better job than I have recently). Some I'd peg on laziness on my part, some on stress from school, and some on just taking more time out recently to play games (after all, what's the point of being on a gaming forum if you don't spend a good chunk of your time playing games). Before I turn myself around on here though, I'm going to have to deal with number 2 on that list first. I've let some academic success from the first half of the year go to my head, and now I'm paying the price for it. I've allowed some of my grades to fall bellow my normal average, and I need to focus on turning that around while I've still got some time to before report cards go out. I'm not too far behind, so it shouldn't take me long, but that's going to have to be my top priority until then.

Well, it is an online community, I believe your education should take top priority at all times. I'm sure everyone here understands that.

Really? YoshiWiiUGamer9?

lol. I will say while mariogamer9 is a bit of a handful, he isn't really that much of a troll. I can see how one could say he disgruntles the community at times, but well, he means well. I think.

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Really? YoshiWiiUGamer9?

lol. I will say while mariogamer9 is a bit of a handful, he isn't really that much of a troll. I can see how one could say he disgruntles the community at times, but well, he means well. I think.

I wasn't talking about him, there's just a troll on another Nintendo forum I'm on who has 'Yoshi' in almost every single one of his usernames. I thought he might have come here for some reason, as Feld0 used to be an admin there.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Oh okay then.

I went for the first Yoshi user I could think of.

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

As much as a respect the work that has been put in to this site to set it up, I still don't know any of the admins/mods. Maybe I talked to them but just didn't recognise them. Without being a hater, if they want this site to be succesfully, they need to be active. Sure, time is everything but if they don't have enough time this forum will fail. I have been the admin if a 30.000 member counting xboxfan forum. And it failed for two reasons, the staff. Was big enough but didnt add much new members to its core. The old staff grew old and there where no replacements.

I do respect a couple of menbers here, 3dude being right there on the top. But I have to saythat there are too many haters here. I got some very negative posts on a positive topic. And then, when you actually want to help people you get attacted. Very strange, even atranger is the fact that whenever you report this, which only happened when people really crossed a line, there is zero feedback. Zero!

Continue this way and the meaningfull people will look elsewere, resulting in less motivated staff and the start of the desth of this forum will be a fact.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#32 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

That was beautifully written Auzzie.... Look at the things Sober Auzzie can accomplish!!

Hopefully that post will spark the reform that we need

You truly are the torchbearer paving the way to a brighter future of the forum.

#33 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Good read. This thread is an excellent wake-up call to start getting this site into shape.

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

As much as a respect the work that has been put in to this site to set it up, I still don't know any of the admins/mods.

I understand from your position. The only moderator I reckon you would've had interaction with for the most part is Mournblade, and potentially Andy or Joshua.

Lately, Mourn has been spending the last 3 days dealing with a troll, so it's not like they aren't here, it's just it takes more than one person to moderate any forum. I think the general forum's members haven't been active in assisting, although it's not truly what they need to do, it does help. I'm curious to see Feld0 makes an announcement soon.

That was beautifully written Auzzie.... Look at the things Sober Auzzie can accomplish!!

Hopefully that post will spark the reform that we need

You truly are the torchbearer paving the way to a brighter future of the forum.

You joke post so much I can't tell anymore... also, a Drunk Auzzie would most likely achieve an even better post...

I think.

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

You joke post so much I can't tell anymore... also, a Drunk Auzzie would most likely achieve an even better post...

I think.

I was being 100% serious

I wouldnt dare joke around on a thread that has Jigglypuff as a tag

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

That's right! You wouldn't!

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I understand from your position. The only moderator I reckon you would've had interaction with for the most part is Mournblade, and potentially Andy or Joshua.

Lately, Mourn has been spending the last 3 days dealing with a troll, so it's not like they aren't here, it's just it takes more than one person to moderate any forum. I think the general forum's members haven't been active in assisting, although it's not truly what they need to do, it does help.

sure thats true, yet members who actually give feedback or use the report button should be replied to. For the rest I hope to be a tributing member. I like the like button but in other older forums you could also do +/- to a members reputation. That helped a lot and made recognising Trolls much easier too.

Edited by Lupaie, 25 February 2013 - 11:17 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

sure thats true, yet members who actually give feedback or use the report button should be replied to. For the rest I hope to be a tributing member. I like the like button but in other older forums you could also do +/- to a members reputation. That helped a lot and made recognising Trolls much easier too.

I don't think it's possible for them to reply to every report.
And I don't think they should either.
Though it does feel as if nothing's happening when nothing is seen to happen and you don't get any reply.
Which is probably what will make people stop using report, if they haven't already.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Though it does feel as if nothing's happening when nothing is seen to happen and you don't get any reply.
Which is probably what will make people stop using report, if they haven't already.

Exactly what I thought. Maybe a simple standard message:
1) Thanks for reporting we are looking into this.
2) Thanks for reporting we took measures.
3) Thanks for reporting but we had to decline.

It gives some feedback too and learns the 'reporters' what kind of 'reports' are important and which are not.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Exactly what I thought. Maybe a simple standard message:
1) Thanks for reporting we are looking into this.
2) Thanks for reporting we took measures.
3) Thanks for reporting but we had to decline.

It gives some feedback too and learns the 'reporters' what kind of 'reports' are important and which are not.

9/10 of my reports are along the lines of "i think this is against the xyz rule, but i'm not sure"
That's the only reason I'd like a response.
Confirmation or a smack saying i'm reaching would be nice is all to me.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigglypuff, Wii U Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!