• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys. Just seen that shopto have a preorder price of £399 for the new ps4. I preordered my wiiU and got it the day before with these so I'll do the same again.
If Sony announce its £450/500 ...then preorders always promise the original aswel..so £400 seems about right..if its announced cheaper then they will match that anyway aswel.

what's your thoughts?

Edited by RolledUp20s, 25 February 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#2 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

For me thinking, it will be $400 to $600 US dollars, most likely $500 i think.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

I think it will at the price or just under the PS3's launch price....or more like I think Sony needs to be around there. I'm on the first to call list at gamestop so we will see.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

GAME in the UK are taking pre orders now too, I have no clue what thier guestimate on price is though.

#5 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

don't rely on the shopto price they even state pre order promise does not apply though it seems about right and i'd be happy paying that for it.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey guys. Just seen that shopto have a preorder price of £399 for the new ps4. I preordered my wiiU and got it the day before with these so I'll do the same again.
If Sony announce its £450/500 ...then preorders always promise the original aswel..so £400 seems about right..if its announced cheaper then they will match that anyway aswel.
what's your thoughts?

Bear in mind that's just an estimate on their part. If its higher they will charge you the higher price. If its lower then they will charge you the lower price. I suspect its likely to be around £350 to £450 here in the UK.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 25 February 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#7 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think the price is going to be higher than Sony would like. They showed of what the PS4 can do, promised instant loading times, awesome graphics, hyping people up, only to drop the price bomb later.
As for pre-ordering, I've never in my life pre-ordered a console, it's usually not worth it for me to have a console day 1 or even first year. I tend to wait for the price drop and a decent library has been established.

#8 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I think the price is going to be higher than Sony would like. They showed of what the PS4 can do, promised instant loading times, awesome graphics, hyping people up, only to drop the price bomb later.
As for pre-ordering, I've never in my life pre-ordered a console, it's usually not worth it for me to have a console day 1 or even first year. I tend to wait for the price drop and a decent library has been established.

do you have the wiiU?

..killzone 4 is making me want this day 1. then destiny and that dragon came (deep under? something like that) those 3 look amazing

#9 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

do you have the wiiU?

..killzone 4 is making me want this day 1. then destiny and that dragon came (deep under? something like that) those 3 look amazing

None of the games shown had mentioned release dates did they?
While all those games look pretty, there's been little gameplay to be seen so little has convinced me that it's going to be a good game.
I don't own a Wii U no, I've played it on several occasions, none of the games really stand out for me to make it a must buy atm, plus I don't have the money to spend on gaming equipment right now.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Sony can't afford to make the same mistake they did with the PS3. They have already stated the PS4 will be priced competitively. It will likely cost more then the Wii U but not significantly.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sony can't afford to make the same mistake they did with the PS3. They have already stated the PS4 will be priced competitively. It will likely cost more then the Wii U but not significantly.

Hmm, competitively is one thing, but you still have to take into account the price of the hardware they are putting into it. GDDR5 by itself is super expensive. If they price it competitively, it will be related to the actual cost of manufacturing, not to the price of the other next gen consoles. I think (and this is just what I think) it will cost significantly more ($100+) than the Wii U, plus games.

#12 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Have to agree with routerbad here.

Besides, what is the PS4 going to compete against, does SONY think they are competing with the Wii U or are they aiming to compete more with PC's?

You may say they can't afford to make the same mistake as they did with the PS3 but it sure looks like they are going into this exactly the same way, except they've withheld the price for now so people can get hyped up, hyped up enough to actually consider a ridiculous price. SONY 'states' a lot of things, those things don't always turn out to be true.

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Besides, what is the PS4 going to compete against, does SONY think they are competing with the Wii U or are they aiming to compete more with PC's?

You may say they can't afford to make the same mistake as they did with the PS3 but it sure looks like they are going into this exactly the same way, except they've withheld the price for now so people can get hyped up, hyped up enough to actually consider a ridiculous price. SONY 'states' a lot of things, those things don't always turn out to be true.

Sony don't believe they are competing with anyone, and I agree with your comment.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well that's just a cynical view. I'm not saying there isn't a possibility the PS4 will be priced out of the market but that's not a given and to just assume that is silly. Sony are well aware of their mistake and this is indicated in the price of the Vita which could have been a lot more. They are aware they need to be careful when it comes to pricing the PS4 and whilst it will likely be more expensive then the Wii U I don't think it will be significantly.

Sony don't believe they are competing with anyone, and I agree with your comment.

I disagree. They are competing with Microsoft and Nintendo and that is where they stand.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Well that's just a cynical view. I'm not saying there isn't a possibility the PS4 will be priced out of the market but that's not a given and to just assume that is silly. Sony are well aware of their mistake and this is indicated in the price of the Vita which could have been a lot more. They are aware they need to be careful when it comes to pricing the PS4 and whilst it will likely be more expensive then the Wii U I don't think it will be significantly.

I disagree. They are competing with Microsoft and Nintendo and that is where they stand.

I know they are competing with Nintendo and Microsoft, but Sony believe they are above competition, they have always acted this way.  The entertainment division culture is very arrogant at Sony, they don't believe anyone can touch them.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I know they are competing with Nintendo and Microsoft, but Sony believe they are above competition, they have always acted this way.  The entertainment division culture is very arrogant at Sony, they don't believe anyone can touch them.

That's your opinion and not one I agree with. If anything Microsoft are much more like that then Sony as is Apple even though I am a big fan of Apple products.

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

That's your opinion and not one I agree with. If anything Microsoft are much more like that then Sony as is Apple even though I am a big fan of Apple products.

I have lots and lots and LOTS of personal experience with Microsoft, that is not their company culture, at all.  No other company I have ever worked with eats their own dogfood like Microsoft.  They view themselves as users and consumers first.  Apple is quite like Sony, they view themselves as above everyone.  I've been in the industry for a long time.  My opinion is based on first hand experience with those companies.

#18 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

The price will probably be around 600$. I mean, the PS3's overprice was 600, right? So they will probably make it 600$, plus the games...ehhh...

About 1000$ for a decent collection!

Mf2L7.jpg

86c.gif

#19 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have a cynical view towards Sony because in my memory they always overhype, under deliver and overprice, and not just in the gaming industry but most of their products. I don't 'just' assume, I assume after years of looking how they do business and present their products. 

As for competing with Nintendo and Microsoft, I derived my theory from a comment they made about the Vita and 3DS. They said they were competing more with the smartphone market than with the 3DS, so its not a far stretch to think they see their new PS4 to be competing more with a PC rather than another console and thus the term 'priced competitively' gets a whole different meaning.

While we may see their PS3 pricing as mistake, they did manage to eventually sell over 75 million units. I don't have the data on how many consoles they sold before the first price drop and how much of an increase they saw after though so I can't really elaborate on this, so I wont :P .

Edited by TheSparrow87, 03 March 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I have lots and lots and LOTS of personal experience with Microsoft, that is not their company culture, at all.  No other company I have ever worked with eats their own dogfood like Microsoft.  They view themselves as users and consumers first.  Apple is quite like Sony, they view themselves as above everyone.  I've been in the industry for a long time.  My opinion is based on first hand experience with those companies.

Yes and at the end of the day its your opinion just like my comments are my opinions. It doesn't automatically make yours right and mine wrong. I have experience dealing with these companies too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!