• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Its today news, in the announcement of xbox720 they will also announce a very close partnership with EA in exclusives and online gaming!.. Thats why they were absent from ps4 announcement.
I consider it as a bad news, extra bad news for xbox.. lol

http://n4g.com/news/...next-xbox-event
http://www.i4u.com/2...0-xbox-announce

#2 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

From what i saw this morning th[e game prices are higher than the old 360 games but will they add lots more content for the price???
Being a fps fan i do play EA stuff so will be interesting to see how this works out.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for games if they included a bit of the downloadable content, Like say COD for example came with the first couple of map packs as a free download.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Lol...EA... well no longer interested in a nextbox.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for games if they included a bit of the downloadable content, Like say COD for example came with the first couple of map packs as a free download.

Don't expect that, more likely exclusive DLC for XBOX, you will still have to pay for it.

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

sony came closer to activision and microsoft to EA...

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

will the microsoft internet use orgin be part of the deal? EA attempted to do the same thing with ninty but pulled out do to not supporting orgin as main internet, trade would probly include some games going exclusive.

but my guess is orgin 720 internet for early DLC/preivews/ ect.

#9 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

oh no guess that has just sealed the deal for me on the ps4.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

sony came closer to activision and microsoft to EA...

Yep.

But seriously, I wonder about EA. one of the greatest things they had going was Mass Effect. They basically ruined that, so I doubt it is going anywhere with the later installments of that franchise.

Activision got a huge boost partnering with Bungie. And Destiny sounds like the game Mass Effect always wished to be many times over. The Starcraft series is always a major push and Diablo on consoles may breathe new life into that hunk of junk.

After marathon, every sci fi games wanted to be like that. heck, even the reapers in Mass Effect have taken some indirect inspiration from Marathon. Halo was Bungie staying true to their sci fi love. but Marathon has a sobering tone to it. And Destiny seem like it will really flesh out that type of idea. take that overrall feel and expand upon the idea, while fleshing it out in more dun and marketable ways. Destiny is going to be HUUUUGE.

With the Wii U Gamepad, I can actually see Starcraft being viable for consoles now. but not the other consoles until they bundle a touchscreen with a decent amount of surface area.

Look for lots of sports games in the 720 reveal. LOL

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yep.

But seriously, I wonder about EA. one of the greatest things they had going was Mass Effect. They basically ruined that, so I doubt it is going anywhere with the later installments of that franchise.

Activision got a huge boost partnering with Bungie. And Destiny sounds like the game Mass Effect always wished to be many times over. The Starcraft series is always a major push and Diablo on consoles may breathe new life into that hunk of junk.

After marathon, every sci fi games wanted to be like that. heck, even the reapers in Mass Effect have taken some indirect inspiration from Marathon. Halo was Bungie staying true to their sci fi love. but Marathon has a sobering tone to it. And Destiny seem like it will really flesh out that type of idea. take that overrall feel and expand upon the idea, while fleshing it out in more dun and marketable ways. Destiny is going to be HUUUUGE.

With the Wii U Gamepad, I can actually see Starcraft being viable for consoles now. but not the other consoles until they bundle a touchscreen with a decent amount of surface area.

i dont see any continuation except sidestories, like they did with assasions creed. in ME3 i wish the went more all out,espitialy with the ending, everything went into eather a # but the game seemed more decided by what happened in masseffect 2 than 3. this seemed to be a streight storyline with optimial stuff that had no effect effect other than military buff. few had tradeoffs. didnt see much desisions have major effects(other than the #'rs). i will say overall good game but the story just didnt branch enough. first playthrough i thought i would be able to change things, so went the other way just to find otu the desicision ment next to nothing =/.

if they do continue you will probly start as sheperd or a freind. decisions like the ending be irrelevent(reapers leave if they survive), story stays the same, ect.

ME2 even though i never played, from what i saw and heard, is probly the best.

id like one were you controled the ships and fleets, but that would have a smaller audiance than the normal ME. did make me think of flashtrek (startrek themed game, learned what the ships lookedlike not a fan of actual show, games okay) and how ships would be litterly copy pastable, with small changes. (and some made up ships.) reapers would be borg, turian = klingon, ect.

Edited by tboss, 27 February 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I don't like either companies, so this is like the ultimate evil alliance for me lmao

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Battlefield 4 (only for Xbox and PC) people would lose it.

#14 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. SERIOUSLY WTF! Game prices NEED to go down! People can hardly afford games at $60. We should have normal price be $40 or $30 so more people can afford games. In the long run that could make devs more money. We live in an econemy of lots of poor people. If they sell games at anything above $60 I wont buy it, and if its the norm then I may just quit modern gaming in general and become purely a retro gamer.

eKsvghU.jpg

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yep.

Honestly, mass effect was bioware's success.
EA merely bought it to run it into the ground.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

the only thing I dont like in destiny is the first person... it kills in a point the feeling of "mmo" I always like 3rd person view in mmo... for example wow could be 3rd and fp view...

#17 LoMoNoCrAt

LoMoNoCrAt

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hopefully, game prices will go down to compete with Steam and mobile stuff. ... Hopefully.

#18 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hopefully, game prices will go down to compete with Steam and mobile stuff. ... Hopefully.

pffft, Microsoft lowering prices, EA lowering prices, maybe when pigs can fly. Online will probably be $60 for gaming, and then a sepeate 60 for other random junk. EA games will probably be 70 or 80 dollars and release on origin so you will never see a steam sale of them. That's the "true next gen" for yah.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Honestly, mass effect was bioware's success.
EA merely bought it to run it into the ground.

And they did a very good job.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yep.

EA do have a publishing contract with Respawn though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!