KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

someone help me out here. The loading time when i switch between areas literally takes about 2 seconds or less, is it only for me? i guess im special. and all of you who are hating the game cause of the tutorial, im pretty sure the demo IS the tutorial, to get you used to the controls and get practice in for the final game! also, if its just a button masher, then why the hell do you need a tutorial? 

bb0.gif

#22 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

The game just sucks.  I know this because I've never played any of the other MH games and I played this demo once for 5 minutes.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#23 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

also, if its just a button masher, then why the hell do you need a tutorial?

Dude, do not apply logic to an internet forum. The world may explode.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

im not bad at video games if that's what your saying. I just thought that the combat in monster hunter is very bland, and now I know it's built for the 3DS the graphics and small areas make a lot more sense. And maybe the reason newbies are so bad at it is because their was no tutorial and I had no idea what I was doing. And if load screens are "tradition" I'm sorry but that's a really really bad tradition to have. I'm glad they will do away with them on MH4. Hopefully the demo was just a bad representation of the game, because if not i don't know how anyone would enjoy it. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Im also glad they are getting rid of the small arenas, they are not a componsnt that defines the monster hunter experience, which is why the team felt it was ok to change it.

Not being bad at videogames isnt enough. Being good at videogames is not enough. Especially todays videogames. You have to be glorious, and non reliant on cpu assist, because the precision and strategy required is beyond what cpu ai can assist with.

You have to be epic. The things you think of as impossible is common place to us.

iicuHPueFz8Xo.gif

Edited by 3Dude, 04 March 2013 - 05:48 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

iicuHPueFz8Xo.gif

Just to let everyone know, a hit like that is not common place in this game. 99/100 times if you tried that, you would be rathalos food. A hit like this takes skill.

Posted Image

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Andy, on 04 Mar 2013 - 09:12, said:Just to let everyone know, a hit like that is not common place in this game. 99/100 times if you tried that, you would be rathalos food.

Lol, ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG0ps9pT4v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

may want to note how these videos reptitavely doing, on command, over and over again, something you said was impossible, are often named NOOB GUIDES.

Anyone else who doesnt know what they are talking about want to tell those of us who do what we cant do just because they cant?

Its just timing. It does the aiming if you know your monsters. The hardest part is keeping track of break accumilation in multiplayer, which is mitigated by going up to your teammates to see what they are packing before a hunt, or having a smart armor skill loadout, with things like crit draw, or adrenalin 2 (dodging/blocking experts only) and a raw damage high enough to garuntee breaks. Its easily replicable, and expected of g rank greatsword wielders. Im not even a gsword main and i can do it most all the time, with my fails still being a double hit, and my party still reaping the benefits.

Edited by 3Dude, 04 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

The menu is a mess and the game is boring as heck. I'm not buying it either.

794144.png?13383682

#28 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Im also glad they are getting rid of the small arenas, they are not a componsnt that defines the monster hunter experience, which is why the team felt it was ok to change it.
Not being bad at videogames isnt enough. Being good at videogames is not enough. Especially todays videogames. You have to be glorious, and non reliant on cpu assist, because the precision and strategy required is beyond what cpu ai can assist with.
You have to be epic. The things you think of as impossible is common place to us.iicuHPueFz8Xo.gif

just for reference, is it comparable in difficulty to dark souls??

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

BanjoKazooie, on 04 Mar 2013 - 11:13, said:just for reference, is it comparable in difficulty to dark souls??

Yeah, harder in some ways, easier in others.

Dark/Demon souls combat is a lot easier, monsters are slow clumsy and weak in comparison, and you have lock on, no forced lag animations, and cpu assist. However the penalty for losing is much, much, higher, losing everything isnt a rare occurance, while its practically non existant in monster hunter beyond wasting 20 or so minutes and some farmable items... or nothing at all but a little time if you abandon before dying 3 times. You can train to clockwork precision with no penalty whatsoever. Which is why the difficulty and skill demand can be ramped so high.

Edited by 3Dude, 04 March 2013 - 05:14 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi All,

New here, wanted some nice Wii U forums to discuss games and so forth!

Baislcy I never played a Monster Hunter (MH) game before, hence this one I looked forward to on the wii U!  I expected from reading sites a game that you level up your char, get the gear and armor up your main charcter whilst fighting bosses etc etc.

After trying the demo it seems you always pick from a template of chars and then the game is very linear map areas which loads when you run only a few CM's up the snow.  Was hoping for a real good indepth game with massive boss battles, leveling and tweaking the chars we play.... along with Co-Op play (thats if MH3 will have any).

Is the Demo a true rep of the game or have  I just built m hopes up too high?

I can not see myself buying this title.. which is a same as I was so excited.  The combat feels really rigidg and not smooth enough and just smashing buttons on a boss to end the level......

You need to know how to play to enjoy the game. Its not as simple as mashing, this is how people know you are a noob before you state it. Monster Hunter is about watching the monster's moves, reacting and using your large arsenal to defeat them.

Watch some videos on How to Play Monster Hunter.

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#31 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

ohh thats y it was hard. i played the demo and got pissed at the controls, changing drasticly once your weapon is out, not being able to run with it out.

i may try again as one of the fast hit alot guys but the mechanics just seemed to slow for me to do anything.  i found me wanting ranged because the guy got to far away, came buy, i made the attack and the monster ran away before he finished swinging the sword. i do hope there is a guy alot mroe agile then what i picked the first time.

Edited by tboss, 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

tboss, on 04 Mar 2013 - 11:48, said:ohh thats y it was hard. i played the demo and got pissed at the controls, changing drasticly once your weapon is out, not being able to run with it out.
i may try again as one of the fast hit alot guys but the mechanics just seemed to slow for me to do anything.  i found me wanting ranged because the guy got to far away, came buy, i made the attack and the monster ran away before he finished swinging the sword. i do hope there is a guy alot mroe agile then what i picked the first time.

Im guessing you chose the big honking greatsword?

Despite its appearence the greatsword requires absolute precision aiming, timing,and monster knowledge to use effectively.

You dont try to hit the monster where its at, but where its going to be by the time you are ready... Typically, you invite the monster to come to you, force them into your rythm.

New user freindly weapons are the sword and shield, and the dual swords. They are very very fast. Youll be able to land a fkurry of blows ar every oppertunity.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

tboss, on 04 Mar 2013 - 11:48, said:ohh thats y it was hard. i played the demo and got pissed at the controls, changing drasticly once your weapon is out, not being able to run with it out.

Im guessing you chose the big honking greatsword?

Despite its appearence the greatsword requires absolute precision aiming, timing,and monster knowledge to use effectively.

You dont try to hit the monster where its at, but where its going to be by the time you are ready... Typically, you invite the monster to come to you, force them into your rythm.

New user freindly weapons are the sword and shield, and the dual swords. They are very very fast. Youll be able to land a fkurry of blows ar every oppertunity.

thats what i used, i saw heaver defaul classes so i fegured it would be able to move enough and quick enough, the sword felt more of what id expect from a mace in that type of game. i will probly end up using the ranged stuff

#34 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

The demo is nothing like what the game will be. The game is crazy. YES IM A FANBOY. lol but the game starts a bit slowly, I guess, but give it time, and you won't be able to drop the controller for hours. And keep in mind it goes platinum all the time in Japan. So yea, it's really great in my opinion. Plus, the online experience is amazing.

Posted Image

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

tboss, on 04 Mar 2013 - 12:12, said:thats what i used, i saw heaver defaul classes so i fegured it would be able to move enough and quick enough, the sword felt more of what id expect from a mace in that type of game. i will probly end up using the ranged stuff

Playing as a gunner class is like a different game. But if you end up getting good at it youll never be hard pressed to find a party. With the wealth of status, element, and different damage types, and even buff/recovery/utility bullets, they are like mages/healers. Highly sought in a party, but often hard to find.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Does this game have an easy or beginner difficulty setting?

I want to have fun killing monsters on easy and then when ready, go to normal setting

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 05 March 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

xBASSxMONSTAx, on 04 Mar 2013 - 23:10, said:Does this game have an easy or beginner difficulty setting?
I want to have fun killing monsters on easy and then when ready, go to normal setting.

Yes, it starts out in easy mode with monsters getting stronger as your rank increases. The demo... Was incredibly easy. Both monsters are just tier 2 normal ranked monsters. The only thing easier would be a great jaggie....

But its monsters on 'easy' are harder than dark souls.

Thats what makes the feeling you get when you take a monster down so much greater in monster hunter than in other games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Most games have guilds. It seems Monster Hunter has cults.

I am not saying you play too much, but is that a mushroom growing on your shoulder?

#39 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

The only Monster Hunter I played was MH: Freedom on the PSP, I liked it a lot. The only downside was the fact that I had no one to play with unless they too had a PSP and MH:F. However I just bought a Wii U literally 3 days ago now and I'm stoked for MH3:U. I was pissed that I couldn't play with people in other regions however I was pleased at the announcement of cross platform play between 3DS and Wii U, it makes the community feel much more bigger and might even sway me to pick up a 3DS.

#40 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Cancel pre order. I might get the 3DS version instead as it looks more epic in 3D

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 05 March 2013 - 10:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!