• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

seeing as it is an opinion piece I think he can have it however he wants.

yeah but last week he was saying the WiiU was gonna fail.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

yeah but last week he was saying the WiiU was gonna fail.

Orly?!  Click bait then, I guess.

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

What kickass line up in January ? You obviously are oblivious to the software support by both Nintendo and third parties with even the future at the moment not looking very bright. As far the competition what bad things. All I read and hear is rumour and speculation that people like you and others blow out of proportion and assume are 100% true. Even if they were true its hardly the end of the world and a reason not to buy them. As for you buying an Xbox so what. The way you constantly make out on this forums that everything is right about the Wii U and Nintendo and how you unjustifiably criticise me for my opinions when a lot of is the truth you definitely come across as a fanboy.

LMFAO I'm getting a 360 so I can play some kickass thrid party games with my peeps here (I do have several). And as for what Nintendo did in January this is what im talking about...

Signature_DK.png

#24 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

this article only restated what we already kno.. not to be mean but i dont see how this will put peoples worries to rest.

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

LMFAO I'm getting a 360 so I can play some kickass thrid party games with my peeps here (I do have several). And as for what Nintendo did in January this is what im talking about...

What's your point. That Nintendo Direct doesn't do anything to address how Nintendo have handled the Wii U release so far or all the mistakes they have made with it. It doesn't change anything regards what I said. The future like the past is still dire for the Wii U and there needs to be a lot of issues that need to be resolved if Nintendo is going to have success with the Wii U in the long term. For the sake of repeating myself once again you are just blinded and give way more credit to Nintendo then they deserve.

#26 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I certainly don't want it to fail but I'm also not jaded by supporting Nintendo in the past. I just see it how it is with the Wii U and Nintendo's approach and attitude regards it. They haven't changed their ways and whilst the Wii sold extremely well and was so successful because it was going after the casual and non-gamer market and priced very competitively they can't be complacent with the Wii U or rely on the same game plan with the Wii U.

You are blinded. The Wii U is not yet showing signs of success and Nintendo is losing both time and consumer confidence. It is in danger or is certainly headed that way whether you like it or not. Nintendo has a head start and they need to capitalise on it and make the most of it rather then sticking their head in the sand and hoping every thing will turn out OK.

nintendo isnt doing anything wrong. im not a kid here and have seen every launch from pong. most launches have no games.  ps4 has nothing at launch from what i seen. killzone and the rest are ports.The wii u sold more than the 360 and ps3 combined for the 1st 6 weeks.  after xmas sales fell and stayed there because of lack of  games. that will change. Nintedom is the number 1 electronic company in the world according to forbes. ask your dads who farbes is if you dont know. sony and ms are both in financial trouble. nintedo has never been in financial trouble. ever

Edited by emmonsh, 06 March 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#27 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

What's your point. That Nintendo Direct doesn't do anything to address how Nintendo have handled the Wii U release so far or all the mistakes they have made with it. It doesn't change anything regards what I said. The future like the past is still dire for the Wii U and there needs to be a lot of issues that need to be resolved if Nintendo is going to have success with the Wii U in the long term. For the sake of repeating myself once again you are just blinded and give way more credit to Nintendo then they deserve.

There aren't so many issues as you would like to think.  They need games, plain and simple.  Regardless of how it launched that's over now, the launch period is coming to a close soon and we are just now starting to get some serious games.  Glass half full, everyone knows it hasn't been a super smooth launch, but much of what has happened was to be expected given the circumstances surrounding world economies, the gaming industry, and Nintendo and third party decisions.

Nintendo should have had devkits out sooner.  Nintendo should have been supporting devs much sooner, Nintendo should be advertising, Nintendo should not have restricted the use of the gamepad for developers.  

The hardware is there now, and we're starting to see games, announcements, etc.  Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed are big titles we will be getting.  There are other third party titles we will be getting, including exclusives.  We know that SSB, SM3D, MK, etc will be playable at e3 and that we will be getting some Zelda games at some point.  These are positives you completely ignore as unimportant information but it is important.  If Saturn is guilty of ignoring any negative information about Nintendo, you are guilty of glossing over any and all positives.  

PS4 and 720 will both be priced higher than the Wii U, maybe not by much, but by enough that when taking into account more than half of the PS3 and 360 sales came in the last two years those are not people that anyone can depend on for new console sales when their next ones launch.  If the future looks dire for Nintendo it looks just as dire for the other two consoles, 3rd party games aside.

What he is giving Nintendo credit for in the post you quoted they deserve credit for.  In the last year, Nintendo Direct has become a big way to get news and information directly from Nintendo executives.  They deserve plenty of credit for this.  Nintendo have always been a secretive bunch, and the fact that they are opening up to their fans and detractors alike to make announcements and give updates cannot be overstated.  It can also be said here that sometimes you don't give credit where credit is due.  No gaming company is perfect, but Nintendo aren't dead yet, and neither is their console, and they deserve credit for many things, as they are the primary source for most of the innovation in the gaming industry.  The other two companies only emulate, all the way down to their service models, which were derived from PC services and social networks.

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

nintendo isnt doing anything wrong. im not a kid here and have seen every launch from pong. most launches have no games.  ps4 has nothing at launch from what i seen. killzone and the rest are ports.The wii u sold more than the 360 and ps3 combined for the 1st 6 weeks.  after xmas sales fell and stayed there because of lack of  games. that will change. Nintedom is the number 1 electronic company in the world according to forbes. ask your dads who farbes is if you dont know. sony and ms are both in financial trouble. nintedo has never been in financial trouble. ever

the thing is though that the PS4 & X720 won't be getting loads of ports of games that have been out for years already like what has happened on the WiiU, Nintendo MUST of known there was going to be too few games released in the first few months, the problem is that the bad vibes have already been planted in peoples minds & now than Sony & Microsoft are revealing their next consoles the WiiU will just get overlooked.

i won't be wanting ported down versions of PS4 or X720 games & neither will anyone else.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

the thing is though that the PS4 & X720 won't be getting loads of ports of games that have been out for years already like what has happened on the WiiU, Nintendo MUST of known there was going to be too few games released in the first few months, the problem is that the bad vibes have already been planted in peoples minds & now than Sony & Microsoft are revealing their next consoles the WiiU will just get overlooked.

i won't be wanting ported down versions of PS4 or X720 games & neither will anyone else.

They won't be porting down PS4 and 720 games, they'll most likely be porting down PC games for all three.  And to be fair, the ports that were released on the Wii U were late ports, but they hadn't been released yet when they were originally annouced.

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

nintendo isnt doing anything wrong. im not a kid here and have seen every launch from pong. most launches have no games. ps4 has nothing at launch from what i seen. killzone and the rest are ports.The wii u sold more than the 360 and ps3 combined for the 1st 6 weeks. after xmas sales fell and stayed there because of lack of games. that will change. Nintedom is the number 1 electronic company in the world according to forbes. ask your dads who farbes is if you dont know. sony and ms are both in financial trouble. nintedo has never been in financial trouble. ever

You must be living under a rock if you think Nintendo hasn't done anything wrong. I can list a number of things they have. Why you're even assuming PS4 has nothing is beyond me considering the presentation was just a teaser they will be revealing a lot more things over the coming months or due you have a magic crystal ball. It doesn't matter whether the Wii U sold more then 360 and PS3 combined it doesn't take away from the fact the console is not doing well and the 1st and 3rd party support is poor as well as there are a number of issues with the console some of which are due to poor decisions by Nintendo.

I don't need you to tell me what Forbes is and MS certainly aren't in trouble. Sony has had financial troubles but none of this has any bearing on their consoles and comsole strategies. Regardless of whether Nintendo has been in financial trouble or not is irrelevant to this discussion. The fact is the Wii U is doing poorly and this is primarily down to factors which are in Nintendo's control. By the way I have also being playing games since the days of pong.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 06 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

You must be living under a rock if you think Nintendo hasn't done anything wrong. I can list a number of things they have. Why you're even assuming PS4 has nothing is beyond me considering the presentation was just a teaser they will be revealing a lot more things over the coming months or due you have a magic crystal ball. It doesn't matter whether the Wii U sold more then 360 and PS3 combined it doesn't take away from the fact the console is not doing well and the 1st and 3rd party support is poor as well as there are a number of issues with the console some of which are due to poor decisions by Nintendo.

I don't need you to tell me what Forbes is and MS certainly aren't in trouble. Sony has had financial troubles but none of this has any bearing on their consoles and comsole strategies. Regardless of whether Nintendo has been in financial trouble or not is irrelevant to this discussion. The fact is the Wii U is doing poorly and this is primarily down to factors which are in Nintendo's control. By the way I have also being playing games since the days of pong.

Factors that developers have stated Nintendo has resolved by and large.  The main issue from the development standpoint was the complete lack of information on the console, benchmarks, dev tools, etc.  They expected developers to figure everything out on their own.  They have changed that tact, and have started giving devs more and better information and support to help them.  As for the console itself, there aren't very many issues I can see.  They are working to improve navigation times through the OS and have updated MiiVerse on several occasions already.  The hardware is good and it does everything it is supposed to do.

It just needs games, from a gaming perspective, and marketing from a business perspective.  It isn't realistic at all when you hold three different companies all to a different standard.  

Also, whether or not Nintendo has been in financial trouble IS ABSOLUTELY relevant to the discussion laid out in this thread, especially given that the article referenced was from Forbes.  It may not be relevant to the discussion going on in your head, but that can't be helped.

There is a very clear difference psychologically speaking between a realist and a cynic, you sir are the latter.

#32 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I have been with Nintendo since the NES days, so I have seen their highs and lows.  I do think that the Wii U is off to a very slow start, but just like the 3DS a price cut and a couple high profile games can change the outlook significantly.  I think people need to realize that the Wii U doesnt need to sell 100 million units to be a success.  The SNES was considered a success with only 45 million units sold.  In my opinion if Nintendo can match the SNES success with the Wii U, it would be a massive success for Nintendo.  The problem is that they are currently tracking to match Gamecubes success, and while that was a great console, it was Nintendo's least successful console.  Even though the market has expanded, so has the amount of competition.  Its not just the console manufactures either, the PC market has grown, and tablet and mobile gaming is meeting the demands of many of those super casual gamers that made the Wii such a huge success.  Even with the Gamecubes low sales, Nintendo still made money, so we can basically use that as the threshold for success.  People are just being unreasonable when they act like Nintendo has to sell a 100 million Wii U's to be a success, the Wii was lightning in a bottle, odds arent good that they will catch that kind of success twice. 

For right now, it probably is better to just weather the strom if your Nintendo.  Wait six more months before considering a price drop, right around the same time some of the big name first party titles are about to release. 

#33 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'd say wait for the PS4/720 prices before doing a price cut. If they're around $500, you don't need one; if they're around $450-400, then consider it; and if they're $350, then totally do it.

#34 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I just...I don't know at this point...I wanna give up on Wii U....but the only thing keeping me is my undying love for Nintendo...and Smash Bros...and Mario Kart...that's it...

I am positive though that the Wii U shouldn't be worried. Many people will buy it and I anticipate 50,000,000 by the end of life cycle.

Regardless, I will still be getting a PS4 or Xbox 720, I can't wait to see the war between them at this years E3!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#35 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I can't wait!

*gets popcorn and saves money for a copy of wind waker HD*

86c.gif

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Wii U wont fail, but it maybe last. Nintendo will do fine, and either way, they will come out stronger.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#37 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Nice Article. I personally think all next gen consoles are in trouble tbh. Technology's now moving at a rapid pace. Consoles just feel old now.

There's so much threat now than their was 7 years ago like the surge in the mobile gaming industry, steam ect. Also the Economy is pretty bad both in USA and Europe so not many have the money to splash out on $500 game systems + $60 for each game.

All in all, I reckon Nintendo's done pretty well in these hard times. I suspect MS and Sony will struggle just like Nintendo have over the  next year.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 06 March 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#38 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Okay, so I understand the Wii U can, and should be doing better. However, speaking raw, overall numbers, Nintendo out selling its compeitors numbers (and those numbers where when the economy was strong, and Wii U coming when the economy is weak but improving) is a bad thing. Yes, there goal should be the Wi. but beating your competiors standards in a weak economy isn't bad.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#39 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

i dont worry about Nintendo! just worry about the 3rd party support!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

From the Nintendo Direct.  There are some great games coming, but they need to capitalize on the buzz that created and start dripping out information rather than simply waiting for e3 and beyond.  I don't really understand what you mean by oblivious to software support.  The major engines are supported, we'll be getting multiplats (though maybe not from EA) as they come out.  It isn't a simple matter to add another system into the mix when you are winding down a dev cycle, so I don't expect all of the 1H 2013 games to come to Wii U.  As far as the future is concerned, there is nothing that makes me think it isn't bright at all.  If they can sell 3M consoles without a whole lot of games, it can get better when they do have a lot of good games on the system.  Also, we are getting a couple of exclusives coming up right?  It isn't great, but it really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.  

I personally don't like much of what was announced at the sony presser.  I don't want so many things going on while I'm trying to focus on a game.  This is me personally, so many of the things they announced make me not want to buy a PS4, irrespective of price.  I'll wait until Microsoft announce and we get more solid information before I pass judgement on their new system.

You may not mean to, but sometimes you come off as a Nintendo hater, which can be just as, if not more, annoying at times than the biggest fanboy.  I don't mind Saturn coming off as a fanboy, mainly because I can at least see a concerted effort to come off as objective, even if he is a Nintendo apologist at heart.  It's all about tone, and yours is typically negative, no offense.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The problem is this is a Wii U specific site and a lot of people here can't handle the fact that someone can be a realist and see how it is rather then the way they want it to be or blindly believe it to be. I'm far from a Nintendo hater but I'm not going to blindly believe or accept everything is fine and dandy with the Wii U when it obviously is not. Nintendo still has a lot to prove regards being a true competitor to Sony and MS. Doing things their own way and not reacting to market factors and not doing everything in their power to promote and market the Wii and trying to convince people why they should own a Wii U isn't going to help their cause. Its as simple as that. If people choose not to accept that then that's there decision. I'm not going to go along with the biased majority just because that's what people here want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!