Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

You may be thinking I complain about Xbox a lot. But I got to thinking if I should get a Slim since a lot of my friends such as Gaymer,Itogi,Chaos,and CAPU have one. Does the Xbox still have life in it and what is the defectivity rate for the new Xbox slims?

Signature_DK.png

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

You may be thinking I complain about Xbox a lot. But I got to thinking if I should get a Slim since a lot of my friends such as Gaymer,Itogi,Chaos,and CAPU have one. Does the Xbox still have life in it and what is the defectivity rate for the new Xbox slims?

If you can find a used or refurbished slim, go for it, especially if there are particular games that you and your friends will enjoy, otherwise, meh.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

BTW I'm far from getting the "nextbox" so thats out of the question for a long time.

If you can find a used or refurbished slim, go for it, especially if there are particular games that you and your friends will enjoy, otherwise, meh.

I'm afraid to get used ones due the risk of defectivity plus Gamestop has unrealiable warranties.

Edited by Saturn, 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

BTW I'm far from getting the "nextbox" so thats out of the question for a long time.

Yeah I'm waiting on the nextbox announcement to make the decision about whether to get another 360 or wait for the new one.  I don't know yet.  I sold my launch 360 (one of the few left alive I suppose) in December but I keep an active LIVE account just in case I either get a nextbox or another 360.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah I'm waiting on the nextbox announcement to make the decision about whether to get another 360 or wait for the new one.  I don't know yet.  I sold my launch 360 (one of the few left alive I suppose) in December but I keep an active LIVE account just in case I either get a nextbox or another 360.

I'm not getting a 720 because I never spend over $500 USD for a system plus I have been hearing bad stuff about it.

Signature_DK.png

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm afraid to get used ones due the risk of defectivity plus Gamestop has unrealiable warranties.

Get it at best buy or something similar.  If you get a refurbished one you get the full warranty you would get with the new one from Microsoft and used consoles are far more likely to be reliable than new ones, because the burn in has already been done and Gamestop tests them thoroughly before accepting them.

I'm not getting a 720 because I never spend over $500 USD for a system plus I have been hearing bad stuff about it.

I understand the price point reasoning, but there is not much known beyond basic hardware specs which actually look good.  We don't know for sure what Microsoft's plan is for the used games issue so it's a little premature to make a decision based off of rumor and speculation.

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Get it at best buy or something similar.  If you get a refurbished one you get the full warranty you would get with the new one from Microsoft and used consoles are far more likely to be reliable than new ones, because the burn in has already been done and Gamestop tests them thoroughly before accepting them.

I understand the price point reasoning, but there is not much known beyond basic hardware specs which actually look good.  We don't know for sure what Microsoft's plan is for the used games issue so it's a little premature to make a decision based off of rumor and speculation.

We don't have a Bestbuy in my podunk town. We only have a Gamestop and Hastings video store.

Is Walmart good?

Signature_DK.png

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

i'd say yes especially if you can find a bargain.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

We don't have a Bestbuy in my podunk town. We only have a Gamestop and Hastings video store.

Is Walmart good?

I don't know that Walmart sells refurbished ones, but if you are looking for a new one, yes.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

The only systemS I ever got day one was the 3DS and the Wii U because I never had problems with a Nintendo system.

Okay guys I think I will get one. This thread can be locked.

Signature_DK.png

#11 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

It's a little late in the gen. The xbox is a good console, but it's a little late now,

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

The only systemS I ever got day one was the 3DS and the Wii U because I never had problems with a Nintendo system.

Okay guys I think I will get one. This thread can be locked.

The problems the 360 and PS3 had were related to the use of lead free solder and CPU's that ran excessively hot.  I don't see those issues this time around.  Maybe something different, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as widespread if there is an issue.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

It's a little late in the gen. The xbox is a good console, but it's a little late now,

As I said before I have no current plans on getting any of the next gen systems. Plus the nestbox probably wont come out for another two years.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Go buy a PS3

kthxbye

794144.png?13383682

#15 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

As I said before I have no current plans on getting any of the next gen systems. Plus the nestbox probably wont come out for another two years.

Then get an Xbox. I shall kill you in Halo.

PS3 is better though.

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime, 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Then get an Xbox. I shall kill you in Halo.

PS3 is better though.

LOL

Signature_DK.png

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Exactly. Too many people out assuming that what has been said is all true when its all unfounded rumours and speculation. Even if some or all of it is true its hardly a reason to completely dismiss those consoles.

#18 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

lolno they're sh!t!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#19 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

The slim models are nothing like the old rubbish,tbh they really are a good quality bit of kit and very cheap now,not sure i'd go out and buy one at this stage in its life but i get the reason behind it.

We had three slim models in the house all have been spot on,we sold one a few weeks ago before the 720 gets promoted.With the other two we use one as mostly a media player and the other for cod/minecraft so they will stay until they pack up with age.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Exactly. Too many people out assuming that what has been said is all true when its all unfounded rumours and speculation. Even if some or all of it is true its hardly a reason to completely dismiss those consoles.

Right.  I'm not particularly excited about the PS4 but that is based on what I saw at the announcement.  I like Microsoft a lot, so I'm hoping they don't disappoint me, but we literally know next to nothing about it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!