• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

I own all consoles and barely play the 360, it's the glossy 250GB slim. I bought this used as I was extremely pissed off with the lacklustre build quality of the launch 360's (I bought two and RROD occured on both).

I would say go for a PS3 since it has Blu Ray, free online, PS Plus and better exclusives than 360 it will be a better future purchase. But if you really want a slim they are better built than the first 360's if a little plasticy. Just beware of the dumb children on Xbox Live that will burst your eardrums.

I say get a used PS3 or 360, either will probably be a decent purchase.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I own all consoles and barely play the 360, it's the glossy 250GB slim. I bought this used as I was extremely pissed off with the lacklustre build quality of the launch 360's (I bought two and RROD occured on both).

I would say go for a PS3 since it has Blu Ray, free online, PS Plus and better exclusives than 360 it will be a better future purchase. But if you really want a slim they are better built than the first 360's if a little plasticy. Just beware of the dumb children on Xbox Live that will burst your eardrums.

I say get a used PS3 or 360, either will probably be a decent purchase.

Well said, while I personally prefer Xbox exclusives the kids really do get annoying on LIVE.

#23 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Had the old xbox and they all rrod. They had some good games but broke downore then.anything.
My girl got me a slim last xmas. Been playing it since i got all the gears of wars and preorder the new one. So there is still some games and live left in the system.

The failure rate idk.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I have to admit the Slim is a very solid console with a great library of games.

#25 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well said, while I personally prefer Xbox exclusives the kids really do get annoying on LIVE.

Which is a shame because being in my 20's I do enjoy meeting other adult players on Live. Don't get me wrong, while I think PS3 does have better single player exclusives the 360 has some excellent online co-op games like Left 4 Dead or Halo etc which really emphasises good teamwork and feels like you are all in the same room.

Actually you might of noticed from my other post about the original Xbox I do appreciate their consoles. That thing was a tank and looked cool but other things really bug me especially when money such a obvious focus for the company (subscription for online, ads on dashboard and stuff)

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Which is a shame because being in my 20's I do enjoy meeting other adult players on Live. Don't get me wrong, while I think PS3 does have better single player exclusives the 360 has some excellent online co-op games like Left 4 Dead or Halo etc which really emphasises good teamwork and feels like you are all in the same room.

Actually you might of noticed from my other post about the original Xbox I do appreciate their consoles. That thing was a tank and looked cool but other things really bug me especially when money such a obvious focus for the company (subscription for online, ads on dashboard and stuff)

I think LIVE has been going downhill for a while, having to stare at ads all over the place when I pay for a subscription is really irritating.  The original was awesome, I need to get another one, because I still have some great games that I'd like to play again.

It's nice when you go into multiplayer with a set party in LIVE, because you know who you are talking to, otherwise you have to deal with a bunch of prepubescent prima donnas.

#27 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have ps3 and 360 I don't think I have turned my ps3 on in the last 6 months lol

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#28 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

id say go for it.

720 is at the bottom of my list.

ps4 should do as well as ps3 wiiu should simply gain ground.

with 360 get halo and other games u mightve missed out on

... second hand restrictions+ rrod issues can be a devistating blow =/ .

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I have ps3 and 360 I don't think I have turned my ps3 on in the last 6 months lol

For me its the exact opposite. My 360 is purely for exclusives and hasn't be used or even turned on in months. My PS3 gets turned on and used at least once a week if not more.

#30 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

For me its the exact opposite. My 360 is purely for exclusives and hasn't be used or even turned on in months. My PS3 gets turned on and used at least once a week if not more.

Both my PS3 and 360 got very little use the last year I owned them, I spent most of my time on PC, and got to the point where they were both collecting dust.  Everything I wanted to play on those consoles was better and prettier on PC (and often cheaper) so I got it there.  I do like the exclusives that both consoles get, and that majority of what I played on them was ME, Halo, Uncharted, LBP, GoW(on both, lol) etc.  Though God of War got boring by the third one.

#31 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well I had the ps3 first for a year or so and I'm just over it now. Only a few ps3 games still interest me, each to their own I suppose.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Both my PS3 and 360 got very little use the last year I owned them, I spent most of my time on PC, and got to the point where they were both collecting dust.  Everything I wanted to play on those consoles was better and prettier on PC (and often cheaper) so I got it there.  I do like the exclusives that both consoles get, and that majority of what I played on them was ME, Halo, Uncharted, LBP, GoW(on both, lol) etc.  Though God of War got boring by the third one.

PC's are way too much of a head ache as far as I'm concerned. There way too many issues to deal with both in normal use as well as where gaming is concerned. I stopped using PC's eight years ago when I got my first Mac and refuse to go back. In my opinion other then gaming the Mac is a far better platform in every respect. Unfortunately it also means I have to sacrifice PC gaming. So I rely on consoles for my gaming needs.

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

PC's are way too much of a head ache as far as I'm concerned. There way too many issues to deal with both in normal use as well as where gaming is concerned. I stopped using PC's eight years ago when I got my first Mac and refuse to go back. In my opinion other then gaming the Mac is a far better platform in every respect. Unfortunately it also means I have to sacrifice PC gaming. So I rely on consoles for my gaming needs.

Understandable, I personally prefer PC over mac because of the flexibility over mac from a business perspective. That's what I work with and that's what I know and things that cause headaches for others I actually enjoy, im a problem solver and a tinkerer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!