#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-21677119

Looks like prototypes will be ready to use in the next 4 months.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Pretty cool, I'm interested in seeing how this one plays out.

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

The idea of the Steam box seems cool. But since I already have a Steam account, a PC, and a TV for the Big Picture option. I don't see much purpose in buying it. Unless Valve stops making PC games, or implements some game changing feature.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

The idea of the Steam box seems cool. But since I already have a Steam account, a PC, and a TV for the Big Picture option. I don't see much purpose in buying it. Unless Valve stops making PC games, or implements some game changing feature.

its only for people that want the pc experience (well, just the games really) on a console, nothing more really, dont quote me on this, its just how i view it

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

BIOMETRICS BABEYYYY

http://www.nbcnews.c...trols-1B7898117

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Be prepared.

its only for people that want the pc experience (well, just the games really) on a console, nothing more really, dont QUOTE  me on this, its just how i view it

I won't QUOTE you on this.

86c.gif

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I know I have dissed IOS systems in the pass but I actually like Steam. This should be an interesting entry.

Signature_DK.png

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I won't QUOTE you on this.

um... ok?

Edited by SPG, 05 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have a pc and steam account and I barely use it, mostly because I don't like playing games on the computer. So this might be for me.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I like the idea of it, but I have a Kick A PC and a steam soooo...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

um... ok?

You quoted me!

Now i will quote you

my name is quote

---------------------------------------------------------

For real though, i can't wait for the steambox. Because i'm not buying one. I'm just curious.

86c.gif

#12 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

i dont kno how this will play out. i dont really know what steam is besides a way to buy games or something, but it seems to me that if you already have in on pc then there no reason to get a sepreate console just to play on the big screen. you could just use an hdmi if your pc has the port. if not.....well then i guess you could get it then.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

i think this will hurt PS4 and 720 more than nintendo. but i think they plan on being ready with prototypes by E3. i expect the most expensive consul with the strongest capabilities(and most likly RROD). i dont expect issues (at least not as bad as microsoft) with second hand games and similar, but steambox may require internet.  

i expect steambox to act similar to ninty overall, do there own thing, ninty going more for games, not to worried about hardware, steambox going all out hardware, and some games, about even wiht nintys but less games. 3rd party race will be interesting overall. steambox may replace xbox.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

This will hurt PC gaming.

The specs are low, it's too expensive, and it'll make almost no impact commercially.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

This will hurt PC gaming.

The specs are low, it's too expensive, and it'll make almost no impact commercially.

I remember reading the same things about steam.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

I remember reading the same things about steam.

And steam lowered their prices with sales etc.

Dunno what you mean about steam specs being low, maybe you mean the requirements were high?

I never thought steams system requirements were high.

I think the main problem people had with steam as it launched was that there'd be a program running in the background that needed an internet connection.

Then we discovered offline mode.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well isn't a steambox just a PC? I'm sure Valve will allow their controllers to be bought seperately and used on a gaming PC

#18 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

And steam lowered their prices with sales etc.

Dunno what you mean about steam specs being low, maybe you mean the requirements were high?

I never thought steams system requirements were high.

I think the main problem people had with steam as it launched was that there'd be a program running in the background that needed an internet connection.

Then we discovered offline mode.

Offline mode, which requires you to go offline in advance of having no internet connection. Yeah.... that makes sense. The reaction to steam at first was more negative then origin.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Well isn't a steambox just a PC? I'm sure Valve will allow their controllers to be bought seperately and used on a gaming PC

Yeah but that's not steambox then is it?
That's a PC.

Offline mode, which requires you to go offline in advance of having no internet connection. Yeah.... that makes sense. The reaction to steam at first was more negative then origin.

You had to go online at least once to activate offline mode.
Back when everyone had at most 56k modems, this was a big deal.
But still not as big a deal as the idea of something constantly running in the background of your PC doing nothing.

Origin's reception is completely different imo.
They've not learned a single thing from steam and do things stupidly.
It's ugly, restrictive, and pointless since steam does the same stuff, but better.
The only reasons it's not dead yet is because EA don't like to learn, and bf3.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Yeah but that's not steambox then is it?
That's a PC.
 You had to go online at least once to activate offline mode.
Back when everyone had at most 56k modems, this was a big deal.
But still not as big a deal as the idea of something constantly running in the background of your PC doing nothing.

Origin's reception is completely different imo.
They've not learned a single thing from steam and do things stupidly.
It's ugly, restrictive, and pointless since steam does the same stuff, but better.
The only reasons it's not dead yet is because EA don't like to learn, and bf3.

Well if my internet connection cuts of (you know how when it goes down you don't know about it in advance) outside of bf3 I can still play all my origin games. I can't say the same about my steam games.But I guess EA hating is cool now adays so I must clearly crucify origin and ea and not steam (when they have done far more dodgy things then origin and no one really comments on it as it is steam/valve)

Edited by PedanticGamer, 06 March 2013 - 04:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!