Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Well if my internet connection cuts of (you know how when it goes down you don't know about it in advance) outside of bf3 I can still play all my origin games. I can't say the same about my steam games.But I guess EA hating is cool now adays so I must clearly crucify origin and ea and not steam (when they have done far more dodgy things then origin and no one really comments on it as it is steam/valve)

All my steam games are playable in offline mode.
bf3 is mainly online, can it even be played offline?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

All my steam games are playable in offline mode.
bf3 is mainly online, can it even be played offline?

Yeah they are, as long as you go into offline mode when you are online. Which is stupid as often when you have no internet you have no way of knowing that was going to occur, now if you could load up offline mode whenever you where offline I would not have an issue. As per my last post I said with the exception of BF3, every other origin game I have tried I have been able to play without an internet connection. BF3 should be able to be played offline as it does have a single player campaign, sadly they have the forced battlelog system which means you can't.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 06 March 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yeah they are, as long as you go into offline mode when you are online. Which is stupid as often when you have no internet you have no way of knowing that was going to occur, now if you could load up offline mode whenever you where offline I would not have an issue. As per my last post I said with the exception of BF3, every other origin game I have tried I have been able to play without an internet connection. BF3 should be able to be played offline as it does have a single player campaign, sadly they have the forced battlelog system which means you can't.

As long as you log in once, you can start steam in offline mode at any time.
I just confirmed it now.
Maybe you have to do something in settings/options while online at some point, but I plugged out my net cable, exited and opened up steam again and it was all NO INTERNET OMG slected start in offline mode and I had all my games available.

Sim City is a fairly prominent always-on DRM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

there hurting game industry.. they try to control and take over... they make lots of money not only from games, but selling private info to companies and orgs...

but devs and game companies who are under the umbrella of steam or origin... hurt alot... because steam in a point will lower -80% the price and they get what they want... while the game company takes almost nothing...

THQ was a steam troll also... they bankrapted. Steam didnt, same thing and worse, for origin.

Edited by Plutonas, 06 March 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#25 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Any word on pricing for Steambox?

#26 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

As long as you log in once, you can start steam in offline mode at any time.
I just confirmed it now.
Maybe you have to do something in settings/options while online at some point, but I plugged out my net cable, exited and opened up steam again and it was all NO INTERNET OMG slected start in offline mode and I had all my games available.

Sim City is a fairly prominent always-on DRM.

I just tried then and it didn't work for me, it essentially asks me to go online so I can go into offline mode, if there is a way around this it is very well hidden. As for Sim City, I haven't read into it as it is more a game i'll consider when it is largely discounted as whilst I could see myself playing for a long time, I can also see myself boring of it quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!