• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Not more doom and gloom, so many people on here could get decent jobs at future telling and fortune telling, cos aparently so many of you can predict the future (sarcasm)...........

#22 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

personally, I'm starting to question what is good 3rd party support?

Capcom? meh,

square enix? only if its kingdom hearts 3

Ubisoft? they've supported wii-u, but do we really need more raving rabbids and assassins creeds?

activision?......no thanks

EA?......NO THANKS!

My point is, as a whole, ps3, xbox, wiii, some of these 3rd party companies are slacking.It's not like we have a ton of 3rd party titles that are amazing must buys.

Tomb raider just came out, but prior to that, what has been big for 2013...Dead space 3? again, no thanks,

For me, at this point, I'm not to hung on 3rd party. I need the 3rd parties to STEP IT UP 1st.

#23 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

personally, I'm starting to question what is good 3rd party support?

Capcom? meh,

square enix? only if its kingdom hearts 3

Ubisoft? they've supported wii-u, but do we really need more raving rabbids and assassins creeds?

activision?......no thanks

EA?......NO THANKS!

My point is, as a whole, ps3, xbox, wiii, some of these 3rd party companies are slacking.It's not like we have a ton of 3rd party titles that are amazing must buys.

Tomb raider just came out, but prior to that, what has been big for 2013...Dead space 3? again, no thanks,

For me, at this point, I'm not to hung on 3rd party. I need the 3rd parties to STEP IT UP 1st.

I agree with everything except Capcom, i like their fighting games :D

#24 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I forgot to add, I can see my Wii-U becoming a console where I just buy Nintendo releases for it. Well expect for the odd few titles by other studios for the Wii-U.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#25 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Absolute rubbish. You have no clue as to what your talking about. The majority of third party games so far and several of those announced for release in the near future are all ports of games which have been available for a while on other platforms. Why should Wii U owners resort to buying these games especially if they have already played them on other platforms when they deserve new multi platform games to be announced for the Wii U if not also exclusives that take advantage of the its unique features like the Gamepad.

Again not true at all.

Developers and publishers are just taking the easy way out to appease Nintendo and Wii U owners by porting over existing games which cost them next to nothing rather then developing new multi platform and exclusive games for the Wii U. Nintendo isn't helping by not giving people a reason to buy a Wii U by offering AAA first party games now. They need to give third parties a reason to invest money in the Wii U by providing these first party games to help increase the market share of the Wii U.

The first part is right. Wii U software sales, and hardware for that matter, suffered from ports of games already being on the market.
Although we need to think about it.

Games did come out before the console launch. So, why should a future Wii U owner wait to buy it on Wii U when he could play it on PS3 or Xbox 360 already? It`s a choice, and a choice that ends up harming Wii U software sales because people decided not to buy a game on Wii U when they could have done it.

There`s nothing wrong about getting ports. And PS3 and Xbox 360 aren`t getting exclusives left and right from 3rd parties.

If you look at exclusives for this year you already have Lego, MH, Wonderful 101.

The problem about 3rd parties already started with N64 and ended with Wii  - for now, at least. When you have 1st party games doing so well and 3rd parties, for the most part, doing mainly ok or bad, it makes 3rd parties go away.

Before criticizing 3rd parties for not porting games to Wii U or even giving the console exclusives, Wii U owners need first to buy their games and show them that there is a market for them to invest in.
Do you know how many times i have read that Nintendo consoles are only for 1st party games and that they will buy 3rd party games on Xbox 360/Xbox 720/PS3/PS4? It could be all talk, but sales show it isn`t.

#26 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

well its official unless a sh!tload of nintendo fans rally up to buy and make third party games fly the wiiu will suffer like the 64 gcn and wii

its not up to nintendo anymore its up to the fans now

#27 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I agree with everything except Capcom, i like their fighting games :D

i like the fighting games too, those I'm not worried about. From here on out, the next street fighter, marvel, etc will be on all systems, capcom is too greedy to withhold a game on any system these days.

But where's the megaman, onimusha, breath of fire, etc 

#28 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

But where's the megaman, onimusha, breath of fire, etc 

Dead :unsure:

#29 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I agree with "define good 3rd party". I've been buying some some such as Assassins Creed III, and we made the mistake of buying BLOPSII and NFS: MW on the 360. We'll probably end up buying Most Wanted again.

Plus it's not just up to the fans but also up to the third party. "Oh we'll release the Wii U version after." then complaining about poor sales is stupid. Its also not that hard to utilize the gamepad. Heck ACIII dosen't even support the touch screen. But it would be best if they used it in usefull ways like Most Wanted U, ZombiU, even the port of Batman uses it if I remember correctly.

it won't work this time though, Nintendo has already said that it needs the core gamers to jump on board & for that to happen the WiiU needs third party games & not just ports of PS3 & X360 games, the WiiU versions need to have better graphics & more content to encourage people to buy a WiiiU & also games for the WiiU.

People simply won't pay £300 for a console that is only going to have ten games to play on it!

I'm sorry what? Your last sentence made no sense. Why do you need much more games than 10ish? I will say our Wii and Gamecube libary is quite large, but we don't really play much more than 10-15. And even then 10 games for a current gen system could cost up to $600 more adding on to the system cost. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#30 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

it won't work this time though, Nintendo has already said that it needs the core gamers to jump on board & for that to happen the WiiU needs third party games & not just ports of PS3 & X360 games, the WiiU versions need to have better graphics & more content to encourage people to buy a WiiiU & also games for the WiiU.

people simply won't pay £300 for a console that is only going to have ten games to play on it !

Dude, did you own a Wii?

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

people simply won't pay £300 for a console that is only going to have ten games to play on it !

10 games?!?!? LMFAO The Wii U just launched. How do you expect us to have a ton of third party games LOL.

Signature_DK.png

#32 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

10 games?!?!? LMFAO The Wii U just launched. How do you expect us to have a ton of third party games LOL.

because Nintendo said that they had the backing of the biggest names in gaming !

waaaaaaa :(

#33 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

your joking right

watch dogs, assisains creed 4, call of duty title, fast and the furious, cars just to name a few

dont forget about nintendos exclusives like mario kart u etc

developers would love to do games on the wii u but publishers dont want to yet

#34 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 3rd party game is out friday March 22, 2013

assassin's-creed-3-wii-u

mass effect 3

ZombiU

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Lego City

Ninja Gaiden 3

Darksiders 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

monster hunter 3 ultimate

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition

aliens colonial marines

tekken tag tournament 2

007 legends

skylanders

Angry Birds Trilogy

Ben 10: Omniverse

Disney Infinity[

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two[

Dragon quest X

Fifia 2013

NBA 2013

NFL 2013

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

Need for Speed

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Funky Barn[

Game Party Champions

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth

Amazing Spiderman

Rabbids Land

Rayman Legends[

Resident Evil: Revelations

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Transformers: Prime – The Game

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013[

Edited by Smertrius, 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#35 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

sorry but i dont want the wii u like xbox or playstation were they bring 5 games out each month

#36 Leo

Leo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • NNID:Dantel
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress, Lost Saga, Tekken

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

We can't lose faith in Nintendo, eventually the Wii U will get the oomph it needs from third-party support.

24g4xnc.jpg 

"In the mountain, stillness surges up to explore its own height In the lake, movement stands still to contemplate its own depth.
Rabindranath Tagore"

#37 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

assassin's-creed-4-black flag is good 3rd party game

monster hunter 3 ultimate