Photo

Potential Wii Remote + Nunchuk redesign?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:09 AM

Okay, as we all know, the Wii U was shown at E3 this year, and it was shown doing different things.
Here is an image of the Wii U Controller perched atop the Wii Zapper, shown in a video in their conference.

Posted Image

For those who have one, a closer analysis shows the Wii Zapper presented in this image is actually a different model. You'll notice there is a dip for the Wii U controller to rest on as the game was being played.

So assuming Nintendo are sticking to this design for the Wii U Controller (I mean, it was more of a tech demo of what could be done, not what could be coming), this would mean that there is Wii U Zapper.

However, there are other things in this image that should be noticed.
First, the location of the Wii U Zapper. It is at the foot of a horizontal Wii Remote. So, what does this say about the connections of the rig? Clearly, you do not see a Nunchuk connector coiling up between the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.

Put that on hold, there are two other things. Notice how the C Button on the Nunchuk appears to be unreachable. Now, I can't say whether the C button has been moved, or if it is just meant to be like that (which potentially screws up Wii games).

The last thing. I've tried holding the Wii Zapper like shown in the image. You will notice that the end part of the Wii U Zapper (aiming part) is looking quite angled.

I'm not going to spell it out for you, I mean, I don't want to kiddy step my theory to the judges like Phoenix Wright, but if you put them altogether, it could either mean:

1. A new Wiimote and Nunchuk, specifically designed for the Wii U.
2. Potential bundling of Wiimote, Nunchuk and Wii U Zapper with Wii U, or if not, in a separate package.
3. Nintendo have trolled me, I am over thinking things, and these Ace Attorney reruns are not good for my health.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 07 August 2011 - 01:11 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

This is interesting. I really hope they do a redesign of the Wii remote and nunchuck. That's all I've got to say, it was good thinking on your part to make this thread.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

Actually, now that you say so, I think there is quite a significant possibility that a WiiMote design might take place.
I see that the zapper is definitely getting a redo, why not the Wii Remote? Mabye, like the PS Move, it becomes wireless and more responsive?
(Not saying the Wii Motion plus isn't already)

Also, Phoenix Wright for the Wii U = :laugh:

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

I think there's a possibility of Nintendo redesigning the Wii remote and the nunchuk. I don't think that redesigns would be hugely different from what we already have though. The Wii U supports the current Wii remote, so I don't think that it would support two completely different remotes.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:23 AM

The only benefits I can see in a redesign are:
- In built WiiMotionPlus, or something stronger
- Better comfort. It might be cool if they develop jacket with less slimline design and more of a grip. Or if they aren't using a jacket, use a plastic less hard. (I honestly got so annoyed with the jacket, I threw it out... after attempting to use scissors on it to make changing batteries easier, which was a fail.)
- Easier to change batteries, assuming batteries are changeable. It would be cool to have a rechargeable.
- Appeal. I'm not affected, but I wonder if some people felt that the Wiimote was a bit to bland or blocky.

I would assume that a redesign will still function like the standard, give or take whether the WiiMotionPlus was built in or not in the Wiimote being compared. I really doubt that they'd make that technology separate in the redesign.

Also, thanks guys. This feels like the first thing I've actually contributed to the forum, as far as news could go.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

If there has been a redesign I wonder whether it will be bundled with the Wii U or we will have to buy it separate. I thought the whole point of the Wii U was being able to use your old stuff with it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#7 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Now that I look at it the button on the nunchuck looks more like the Z button instead of the C button
Posted Image

#8 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Okay, as we all know, the Wii U was shown at E3 this year, and it was shown doing different things.
Here is an image of the Wii U Controller perched atop the Wii Zapper, shown in a video in their conference.

Posted Image

For those who have one, a closer analysis shows the Wii Zapper presented in this image is actually a different model. You'll notice there is a dip for the Wii U controller to rest on as the game was being played.

So assuming Nintendo are sticking to this design for the Wii U Controller (I mean, it was more of a tech demo of what could be done, not what could be coming), this would mean that there is Wii U Zapper.

However, there are other things in this image that should be noticed.
First, the location of the Wii U Zapper. It is at the foot of a horizontal Wii Remote. So, what does this say about the connections of the rig? Clearly, you do not see a Nunchuk connector coiling up between the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.

Put that on hold, there are two other things. Notice how the C Button on the Nunchuk appears to be unreachable. Now, I can't say whether the C button has been moved, or if it is just meant to be like that (which potentially screws up Wii games).

The last thing. I've tried holding the Wii Zapper like shown in the image. You will notice that the end part of the Wii U Zapper (aiming part) is looking quite angled.

I'm not going to spell it out for you, I mean, I don't want to kiddy step my theory to the judges like Phoenix Wright, but if you put them altogether, it could either mean:

1. A new Wiimote and Nunchuk, specifically designed for the Wii U.
2. Potential bundling of Wiimote, Nunchuk and Wii U Zapper with Wii U, or if not, in a separate package.
3. Nintendo have trolled me, I am over thinking things, and these Ace Attorney reruns are not good for my health.

To be honest, I'm all for this!

#9 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

I'd like Nintendo to make a wireless Nunuchuck with it's own motionplus in it. Apart from this, a small redesign of the button layout on the Wiimote; replace the + pad with a circle-pad, maybe put the + pad on the Nunchuck, and put the four action buttons back in a diamond formation. I don't think they are likely to change the actual size and shape of the Wiimote or Nunchuck, they have too many attachments which would be made useless by that. I doubt Ninty would risk pissing off all those who bought such gadgets...like my Nyko sure-shot and Mariocart steering wheels.

#10 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

From what I read, it looks like an interesting idea.

But when I read the title, I wondered what a Wii U connected with the Nunchuk will look like. Bad.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!