post-64-130319444559.png

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wow, this thread is like 6 years too early.........

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Well, last three generations Sony has had 16 times more RAM (well, a tiny bit less than 16 for the PS4, but really close) so the PS5 will have... 128 gig of RAM.

Do any of you guys think this is possible? I don't, but back in the PS1 days when they had 2 megabytes of RAM they probably thought 32 megabytes was unrealistic for next gen.

I really don't know much more about technology than that. RAM is good. That is my entire understanding of technology. Oh, and bigger numbers are better.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#24 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

My full predictions for 9th gen

Nintendo's next gaming console will be a handheld and a home console in one. With mobile phones now-a-days catching up fast with gaming PCs (trust me in 5, 10, 15 years time they'll be your PC) it's logical that Nintendo will come up with a handheld which can be docked with a Disc/USB unit at home allowing you to play disc based games and use USB3.0 devices. All the works will be packed into a tiny 6.2 inch handheld. I expect JUST enough power for it to run 2k res games at 30 frames, and upscale everything to 4k let's say a 3TFLOP embedded GPGPU (please correct me if 3TFLOPS by my projected release date is too little to run 2k resolution games at 30 frames) along with an 8 core Wii U based processor shrunk down for mobility and clocked at 2Ghz along with 12GB RAM - 6 in the handheld (4GB for games 2GB for OS) and 6GB in the dock (please tell me if separate RAM in the doc is stupid, I'm starting to think it is), completely runs on SD card memory and the ability to download games to USB3.0 HDDs. Terrible battery time of 3 hours with 3D and wireless turned on, 5 - 6 hours with 3D turned off. The gimmick? I'm honestly unsure, maybe eyetracking? My expected release date 2020 as Nintendo tend to have short lifecycles, plus it's perfect to spring on Sony and Microsoft who prefer long lifecycles. Of course Nintendo would never release the specs of their console apart from maybe the RAM and how many cores its CPU has. Price range - $250 - $350

Sony's next console will follow suit placing its next gen (PS5) into a mobile phone device, all gaming will be digital download or cloud based, Sony will not require game stores either because by then game stores will be a complete thing of the past, or they can just rely on mobile phone network shops to distribute their hardware. As far as power I only expect 2x Nintendo's 9th gen so only around 6 TFLOPS of power in a mobile device. Not sure if they'll shove in 24GB of mobile DRAM though or just slightly upgrade the PS4's power. Yes farfetched for now, but I expect it to be possible by its release date. Expected release date 2022 - 2026. Battery life expected is around 5 or 6 hours. Price range $500 - $800, however available on mobile phone subscriptions between $40 -$60 a month for a 24 month period (inc minutes, texts and data)

Microsoft are the hardest to predict. Currently they don't make handhelds, so if they continue not to make their own hardware as far as mobile devices, maybe their next console will be completely cloud based or distributed exclusively to compatible Windows Phones and Devices. Of course they could sell a doc for you to play Halo 9 on your 4k3D television. Expected release? Well if Microsoft just go for software distribution service rather than actual hardware it can easily be up to compete with Nintendo and Sony between 2020 and 2026. I'd call out their distribution service to be based on Xbox Live subscription rates.

Edited by Penguin101, 22 April 2013 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!