• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

1. Xenogears - to date, i still feel is the best battle system ever, one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and just really enjoyed the story and characters.

2. Super mario rpg - my 1st ever rpg, holds so many memories, liked the battle system as well, and the soundtrack

3. legend of dragoon - again, another excellent battle system, and just loved the atmosphere of the game

4. Earthbound ( mother 2)  - can't really explain why i liked so much, just was awesome

5. Kingdom Hearts - If i can consider this an RPG, its simply in my 5 because of the battle system and character nostalgia 

i know chrono trigger is an EXCELLENT game, but since i never completed it, i didn't include in my top 5

i also wanted to put pokemon, but can't really decide from red & blue to black & white, which deserves the spot.

1. Xenogears - to date, i still feel is the best battle system ever, one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and just really enjoyed the story and characters.

2. Super mario rpg - my 1st ever rpg, holds so many memories, liked the battle system as well, and the soundtrack

3. legend of dragoon - again, another excellent battle system, and just loved the atmosphere of the game

4. Earthbound ( mother 2)  - can't really explain why i liked so much, just was awesome

5. Kingdom Hearts - If i can consider this an RPG, its simply in my 5 because of the battle system and character nostalgia 

i know chrono trigger is an EXCELLENT game, but since i never completed it, i didn't include in my top 5

i also wanted to put pokemon, but can't really decide from red & blue to black & white, which deserves the spot.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! I forgot legend of dragoooooooon!!!!!

I am so ashameduuu!!!!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

nobody liked FFX? I loved it so much... bought it 2 times, I still have 1 copy with the plastic on.... I also loved Lost odyssey, mass effect 1-2 and dragon age 1

Lost odyssey was created by the same developer who created final fantasy up to X....

Edited by Plutonas, 26 April 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#23 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Does Fire Emblem count?

If so (in no particular order):

Any Fire Emblem game, they're all so good.

Dragon Quest IX, I also really like IV and V, but IX wins it for me.

Any Pokemon game, they're all so good.

Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (awesome game that not many people know about).

Secret of Mana.

If Fire Emblem doesn't count (again, in no particular order):

Dragon Quest IX.

Any Pokemon game.

Dragonball Z : Attack of the Saiyans.

Secret of Mana.

The Last Story.

I also very much like the DS remakes of Final Fantasy III, IV and Chrono Trigger. Never got into Mass Effect, reminded me too much of Star Wars Episode 1 (kidding). Oblivion and Morrowind are both great, Kingdoms of Amalur is good. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are also great series. But the 5 listed above take the crown.

Bring the noise.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

No one played Illusion of Gaia?  No..no on.no one?

#25 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

No one played Illusion of Gaia?  No..no on.no one?

of course I played illusion of Gaia! It's just not on my top ever list. I think if you replayed it now, it wouldn't quite hold up to time as some others do.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

of course I played illusion of Gaia! It's just not on my top ever list. I think if you replayed it now, it wouldn't quite hold up to time as some others do.

Hmmm, I've been playing it for the last month, off and on.  It's delightfully simple as far as RPG's go.

#27 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

All of these replies and not one vote for The Witcher 2?  For shame.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#28 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Final Fantasy IX

The World Ends With You

Vagrant Story

Legend of Dragoon

Skies of Arcadia

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#29 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Does Fire Emblem count?

If so (in no particular order):

Any Fire Emblem game, they're all so good.

Dragon Quest IX, I also really like IV and V, but IX wins it for me.

Any Pokemon game, they're all so good.

Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (awesome game that not many people know about).

Secret of Mana.

If Fire Emblem doesn't count (again, in no particular order):

Dragon Quest IX.

Any Pokemon game.

Dragonball Z : Attack of the Saiyans.

Secret of Mana.

The Last Story.

I also very much like the DS remakes of Final Fantasy III, IV and Chrono Trigger. Never got into Mass Effect, reminded me too much of Star Wars Episode 1 (kidding). Oblivion and Morrowind are both great, Kingdoms of Amalur is good. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are also great series. But the 5 listed above take the crown.

attack of the sayians, YES!!

#30 Ml76

Ml76

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    SSB,Rpgs,Sports games

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Crystalis,chrono trigger,Paper Mario,Sky rim,FF games

#31 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Mine would be

1. Final Fantasy 6

2. Golden Sun, Golden Sun: Lost Age and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

3. The World End With You

4. Skies of Arcadia

5. The Last Story

6. Xenogears.

7. Chrono Trigger and Cross

8. legend of dragoon

5R5PY4h.jpg

#32 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

1. Xenoblade
2. Kingdom Hearts 2

3. Fire Emblem: the sacred stones (havent gotten Awakening yet which I believe can snag this spot from sacred stones)

4. Mass effect 1

5. Fallout: New Vegas

I probably missed some but those are the top 5 that first comes to mind

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

XenoBlade Chronicles

The Legend of Zelda series...

Pokémon. yes.

Posted Image

#34 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

attack of the sayians, YES!!

It does not get the recognition it sorely deserves!

I forgot about Skies of Arcadia though, that game deserves all the praise it gets.

Bring the noise.

#35 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Super Mario RPG (SNES) - The best Mario RPG in my opinion. This game oozes quality, and has great graphics and interesting scenarios.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - A great Zelda game. Not the best. This game isn't overrated, it deserves its praise, but barely so. Still a fine game featuring many dungeons and an engrossing adventure.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - Featuring great moments like Cloud dressing up like a girl, this game is a must-play.

The Last Story (Wii) - Once you finish the campaign, you have a whole other game to play - the online. Hopefully this online, which features Deathmatch and Co-Op, will stay around for awhile - which will depend on how many people continue to play.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita) - I'm not sure what's funnier... this game's humor, or its attempts at it. With about 60 hours or more of gameplay total, abundant humor, and a good battle system, this game is incredible.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - An innovative game. Playing it gives me thrills and chills. The town is well-done. And if you like difficulty, some of the moments in this game make it the game for you.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - It features a funny and robust Dark World, cool music, and cool dungeons.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - My favorite Zelda game.

Golden Sun & Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Gameboy Advance) - Golden Sun delivered in almost every way. It's a cool game now, but it was an even more extraordinary game then. Breathtaking and with great characterization, you can't afford to miss it. Its sequel Golden Sun: The Lost Age, is also an incredible game, one almost as good as the first before it.

I did some copy&pasting from my top 20 games of all-time list, but only because it was convenient and the information was there.

Edited by PotatoHog, 28 April 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#36 Jin

Jin

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Phantasy star universe

Radiata Stories

Star ocean 4

Pokemon series

Fable 2

many mmorpgs like Eden eternal, Grand fantasia

#37 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just some that come to mind

Chrono Trigger- has one of the most immaculately perfect battle systems of all time

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones- great characters, branching class system, one of my fav FE's

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door- Funny, great story, great gameplay

Skies of Arcadia- Sky Pirates, nuff said

The Last Story- loved the story, especially the main villain and the ending

Shining Force 1 and 2- good blend of strategy and RPG

Golden Sun series

#38 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oh god, this is tough. I'm a big RPG fan so I can really only narrow it down to the amount of hours I've played on each.

1) Final Fantasy VIII - I really loved the story and the combat gameplay. I liked the fact that monsters level up with you (adds more challenge and strategy) and how you can increase your stats using magic. I used to abuse the Draw system all the time lol.

2) Secret of Mana - Another incredible story and a solid combat system that even noobs can get into.

3) Muramasa: The Demon Blade - A really fun RPG game. Really not much strategy to it (it's essentially a hack and slash game) but the story/acting (Japanese) are enjoyable to watch and the visuals (being anime 2D) are beautiful.

4) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Very nice story and character design. Didn't really like the combat system all that much but it was still very playable.

5) Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - I always loved Mario RPGs since while they are immensely basic, they are VERY fun to play. BiS is the one that works best in my opinion. The option of controlling the brothers or Bowser was a great idea along with the puzzles that went along with their compatiability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!