Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Digital Foundry on Eurogamer

Overall, Resident Evil: Revelations comes highly recommended for fans of the series wanting a more traditional take on the franchise. The 360 and PS3 versions are worth equal consideration, while the PC game, despite a few hiccups, provides the most fluid and responsive experience available due to running at much higher frame-rates and without needing powerful hardware to do so. Revelations is still well worth buying on the Wii U if you don’t own the other current-gen consoles – it’s still the same excellent game. But the more erratic performance means and less precise controls mean that it isn’t quite as fun to play.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

POPULAR

Wtf? I just played the game, it looks comparable to the pc version at high settings. What a load of carp!

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

The Wii U seems to have a variety of strange and contradictory ports...

Edited by Happy Monk, 25 May 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Bring the noise.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

I've grown accustomed to Wii U ports being slightly worse...

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

... what lol. they look equal, if anything the wii u version has very slightly better lighting

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 ganados0

ganados0

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

This is a witch hunt!

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

360 has the worst lighting, PS3 and wiiU seems to have equal but different effects. wiiU framerate slightly more variable, but it goes from 28-32(and if oyu look at the chart it does it in a regulare pattern) while the other 2 stay at 30. 

effects look best on PC, wiiU/PS3 seem most equal with closeups. wiiU and PS3 also seemed to run on higher res textures and less tearing. dont know y PS3 looked slightly better. gameplay results look unnoticable.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

360 has the worst lighting, PS3 and wiiU seems to have equal but different effects. wiiU framerate slightly more variable, but it goes from 28-32(and if oyu look at the chart it does it in a regulare pattern) while the other 2 stay at 30. 

effects look best on PC, wiiU/PS3 seem most equal with closeups. wiiU and PS3 also seemed to run on higher res textures and less tearing. dont know y PS3 looked slightly better. gameplay results look unnoticable.

and I assume as with other ports that this is mostly cpu heavy (if you want to call it that) and not taking advantage of the modern Wii U architecture as the PS4 and Xbox One also have (GPU centric) .

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

This is a witch hunt!

Every other day their is something negative about the Wii U.

#10 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

From what eurogamer have said even the 3DS version is smoother. Can't see why this is cpu heavy although I don't know exactly what graphic enhancements have been made. Some graphic enhancements are cpu-intensive. No surprise the pre-rendered movies are equally good on wii and ps3 as both benefit from large capacity optical discs. To be honest I was expecting this to be equally good on wii u to ps3/360 or even possibly enhanced. It's difficult to see why this would underperform on wii u except for being a lazy port. The fact they haven't tested the controls properly seems to indicate little effort was made. Probably just a blend of xbox 360 and PS3 assets with not much extra work done. Another game to the list of wii u games that underperform compared to 360 and PS3.

#11 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Well, I have not experienced any of the issues they are talking about. Erratic control? Not once. If anything, my accuracy is better than in other games, which surprises me (controller aiming is not my thing). 

FPS dipping from 32-28 is not a big deal. .875% of a dip will be unnoticeable during gameplay. Where it becomes an issue is when you end up bouncing 15-40% all of the time. That is hinders gameplay. 

Finally, Capcom probably did a 'lazy' port. If by 'lazy', they targeted the PS3 as the lead technical platform for the consoles, and made it work on the Wii U and 360, then we really do not have much to complain about considering the userbase and software attachment ratios.  At least both versions look identical, and the PC version, outside of tweaking settings, appears to have the same assets/engine settings. 

So, DF spins their conclusion with another subtle smear on the Wii U's technical capabilities, oh well. Remember when the die shots were released, and they proclaimed their forecast was accurate, only to have Chipworks come out and essentially refute everything? Time has shown Latte to be so customized that nobody really knows what it is (precisely). 

I really wish Nintendo optimized their tools a la Microsoft. Imagine multi-platforms running better at all times regardless of the lead platform. I am shocked that Nintendo did not learn from the PS3's early years (outside of not releasing a complicated architecture). Nintendo is in the position of helping third parties at this stage in the product's life cycle, not expecting them to figure it out. 

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well, I have not experienced any of the issues they are talking about. Erratic control? Not once. If anything, my accuracy is better than in other games, which surprises me (controller aiming is not my thing). 

FPS dipping from 32-28 is not a big deal. .875% of a dip will be unnoticeable during gameplay. Where it becomes an issue is when you end up bouncing 15-40% all of the time. That is hinders gameplay. 

Finally, Capcom probably did a 'lazy' port. If by 'lazy', they targeted the PS3 as the lead technical platform for the consoles, and made it work on the Wii U and 360, then we really do not have much to complain about considering the userbase and software attachment ratios.  At least both versions look identical, and the PC version, outside of tweaking settings, appears to have the same assets/engine settings. 

So, DF spins their conclusion with another subtle smear on the Wii U's technical capabilities, oh well. Remember when the die shots were released, and they proclaimed their forecast was accurate, only to have Chipworks come out and essentially refute everything? Time has shown Latte to be so customized that nobody really knows what it is (precisely). 

I really wish Nintendo optimized their tools a la Microsoft. Imagine multi-platforms running better at all times regardless of the lead platform. I am shocked that Nintendo did not learn from the PS3's early years (outside of not releasing a complicated architecture). Nintendo is in the position of helping third parties at this stage in the product's life cycle, not expecting them to figure it out. 

this sounds about right, PS3 version looks the best in comparisoins, 360 the worst.  

as for wiiU framerate, look at the line, the wiiU frame rate follows a set pattern(kinda like a heart beat). enough to say that the devs probly didnt know how(or didnt really try once they got 'close enough'), to get a 30fps lock. 

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

From what eurogamer have said even the 3DS version is smoother. Can't see why this is cpu heavy although I don't know exactly what graphic enhancements have been made. Some graphic enhancements are cpu-intensive. No surprise the pre-rendered movies are equally good on wii and ps3 as both benefit from large capacity optical discs. To be honest I was expecting this to be equally good on wii u to ps3/360 or even possibly enhanced. It's difficult to see why this would underperform on wii u except for being a lazy port. The fact they haven't tested the controls properly seems to indicate little effort was made. Probably just a blend of xbox 360 and PS3 assets with not much extra work done. Another game to the list of wii u games that underperform compared to 360 and PS3.

It isn't underperforming, a 4FPS swing between 28-32 is not noticeable during gameplay, and the visuals are exactly as they are on the PS3.  They Didn't bother with making three separate games and it shows.

#14 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn't say this was a lazy port but Capcom could really have stepped it up a bit.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#15 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

How come people seem to b able to pick which looks the best? I've watched all those DF vids full screen in hd and other than the PC/wiiu versions having sharper shadows on the door opening bits, and the ps3 version having slightly toned down colouring on the running to the chopper bit, (check the comparison pics in the article http://www.eurogamer...parison-gallery), they all look exactly the same to me! Exactly the same!!

Edited by backudog, 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I only compared the ps3 and wii u video at 720p and I could see no difference. It is frustrating when a game slows down under extreme load though as that is exactly the point you want the game to be silky smooth if your being attacked by a large number of enemies or an end boss.

I really think this game could have been 1080p on the wii u. It's really just an upscaled 3DS game and plays much the same. The fact the game looks the same as ps3 is not right. This is exactly the type of game that could have been optimised on wii u to perform above 360 and PS3 because the 3DS itself is a gpu centric handheld console.

Also as expressed by many this game should have supported 3D televisions. This is exactly the sort of game that works great in 3D.

Many PS3 owners are disappointed because of its absense. Capcom have claimed it's missing because not all consoles could support 3D. So it sounds like it may have been removed from ps3 because of wii u.

+ Mike Lunn on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

1. Wasn’t necessarily the WHOLE point, but it’s hard to really get away without it on certain platforms. That being said the PS3 version will not support 3D unfortunately. We wanted all the new versions to be consistent with each other and 3D wasn’t doable on all platforms so the decision was made to move forward without it.

2. We haven’t discussed controls just yet, we’ll be digging into this a bit later. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but thanks for your patience!

3. Same as #2, haven’t revealed the full details yet. Stay tuned! Same bat-time, same bat-channel

4. Fantastic survival horror campaign, upgraded RAID mode, new costumes, completely redone HD visuals, new characters to play as, new skills, new customization parts, new enemies, more challenging difficulty modes, reduced/optimized loading, enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit, RE.net integration and unlockables, etc. This is definitely not a simple port as some may imagine :)

5. 3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions. Take a look at the top comment for my full Vita response.

Really annoying the lack of 3D support for wii u. It could be a cpu issue I guess as 3D games are much more cpu intensive, something the cell of the ps3 is brilliant at achieving. 360 3D games don't compare well to ps3 3D games generally. There is a rumour that the new 3D mario game may actually be a 3D tv supporting game but I think the 3D bit is just because of the recent releases of 2D mario games on wii and wii u. I don't know of a single 3D wii u game currently.

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

I don't know of a single 3D wii u game currently.

Assassin's Creed 3 has 3D capacity, doesn't it?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

28119845.jpg

Every other day their is something negative about the Wii U.

At least we get a badass Sonic game.

Wtf? I just played the game, it looks comparable to the pc version at high settings. What a load of carp!

I smell foul play also.

Signature_DK.png

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

I only compared the ps3 and wii u video at 720p and I could see no difference. It is frustrating when a game slows down under extreme load though as that is exactly the point you want the game to be silky smooth if your being attacked by a large number of enemies or an end boss.

I really think this game could have been 1080p on the wii u. It's really just an upscaled 3DS game and plays much the same. The fact the game looks the same as ps3 is not right. This is exactly the type of game that could have been optimised on wii u to perform above 360 and PS3 because the 3DS itself is a gpu centric handheld console.

Also as expressed by many this game should have supported 3D televisions. This is exactly the sort of game that works great in 3D.

Many PS3 owners are disappointed because of its absense. Capcom have claimed it's missing because not all consoles could support 3D. So it sounds like it may have been removed from ps3 because of wii u.

+ Mike Lunn on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:
1. Wasn’t necessarily the WHOLE point, but it’s hard to really get away without it on certain platforms. That being said the PS3 version will not support 3D unfortunately. We wanted all the new versions to be consistent with each other and 3D wasn’t doable on all platforms so the decision was made to move forward without it.
2. We haven’t discussed controls just yet, we’ll be digging into this a bit later. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but thanks for your patience!
3. Same as #2, haven’t revealed the full details yet. Stay tuned! Same bat-time, same bat-channel
4. Fantastic survival horror campaign, upgraded RAID mode, new costumes, completely redone HD visuals, new characters to play as, new skills, new customization parts, new enemies, more challenging difficulty modes, reduced/optimized loading, enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit, RE.net integration and unlockables, etc. This is definitely not a simple port as some may imagine :)
5. 3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions. Take a look at the top comment for my full Vita response.

Really annoying the lack of 3D support for wii u. It could be a cpu issue I guess as 3D games are much more cpu intensive, something the cell of the ps3 is brilliant at achieving. 360 3D games don't compare well to ps3 3D games generally. There is a rumour that the new 3D mario game may actually be a 3D tv supporting game but I think the 3D bit is just because of the recent releases of 2D mario games on wii and wii u. I don't know of a single 3D wii u game currently.

The Wii U can do 3D, ss stated by Iwata back in 2011, but Nintendo won't be focusing on it.
http://m.joystiq.com...focusing-on-it/

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

You guys do realize the game, all three versions, are100% the same geometry, texture, and lighting wise right?

You do realize this is a 3ds game right? Anyone who tries to make comparisons regaurding this game and graphics power is a hack who has no idea what they are talking about.

The wii u lighting is not better, its not worse, its exactly the same.

Mtframework is an engine built ground up for 360/ps3, taylor made to the hardware.

the mtframework mobile on 3ds was made ground up for the hardware, and optimized over the course of every capcom 3ds game before reveleations.

sf4, re mercenaries, lost planet etc, before it got running as smooth as it did on 3ds. Do you people REMEMBER the hiccups early mtframework 3ds games like mercenaries had?

The silent hill hd collection runs like crap compared to the ps2 games. That doesnt mean the hdtwins are only on par or slightly worse than ps2.

It means nothing except mtframework hasnt been used and optimisedon wii u as much as it has on other systems. It probably wont be used much at all on wii u past 3ds games on wii u.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!