routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

I only compared the ps3 and wii u video at 720p and I could see no difference. It is frustrating when a game slows down under extreme load though as that is exactly the point you want the game to be silky smooth if your being attacked by a large number of enemies or an end boss.

I really think this game could have been 1080p on the wii u. It's really just an upscaled 3DS game and plays much the same. The fact the game looks the same as ps3 is not right. This is exactly the type of game that could have been optimised on wii u to perform above 360 and PS3 because the 3DS itself is a gpu centric handheld console.

Also as expressed by many this game should have supported 3D televisions. This is exactly the sort of game that works great in 3D.

Many PS3 owners are disappointed because of its absense. Capcom have claimed it's missing because not all consoles could support 3D. So it sounds like it may have been removed from ps3 because of wii u.

+ Mike Lunn on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

1. Wasn’t necessarily the WHOLE point, but it’s hard to really get away without it on certain platforms. That being said the PS3 version will not support 3D unfortunately. We wanted all the new versions to be consistent with each other and 3D wasn’t doable on all platforms so the decision was made to move forward without it.

2. We haven’t discussed controls just yet, we’ll be digging into this a bit later. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but thanks for your patience!

3. Same as #2, haven’t revealed the full details yet. Stay tuned! Same bat-time, same bat-channel

4. Fantastic survival horror campaign, upgraded RAID mode, new costumes, completely redone HD visuals, new characters to play as, new skills, new customization parts, new enemies, more challenging difficulty modes, reduced/optimized loading, enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit, RE.net integration and unlockables, etc. This is definitely not a simple port as some may imagine :)

5. 3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions. Take a look at the top comment for my full Vita response.

Really annoying the lack of 3D support for wii u. It could be a cpu issue I guess as 3D games are much more cpu intensive, something the cell of the ps3 is brilliant at achieving. 360 3D games don't compare well to ps3 3D games generally. There is a rumour that the new 3D mario game may actually be a 3D tv supporting game but I think the 3D bit is just because of the recent releases of 2D mario games on wii and wii u. I don't know of a single 3D wii u game currently.

3D isn't CPU intensive when you have a GPU centric system, requires frames to be rendered twice at once from different perspectives, something the Wii U is already doing in EVERY GAME.

#22 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Wtf? I just played the game, it looks comparable to the pc version at high settings. What a load of carp!

Eurogamer/Digital Foundry have been going out of there way constantly to cast the Wii U in the worst possible light.

They were already caught a few times embellishing things... Like their comparison with Trine 2 from all the versions. Their first article slammed the Wii U for all sorts of things, like lower resolutions, texture quality and particle effects compared to the PS360 versions... then the devs posted at that review and corrected them that the Wii U version is the only console version running in full 720p, while the PS360 version were in fact running Sub HD resolutions.. The Wii U version also had the PC level of effects the PS360 couldn't run.

Remember Need for Speed MW? They downplayed everything the Wii U had over the PS360 version.. ssaying things like the high resolution textures is only minimally better than the PS360 version, etc etc....

I don't take anything DF/Eurogamer has to say about any Wii U  game. They seem to have this built in bias against Nintendo. The site is complete crap. I have Re;R on Wii u and it plays fine.. I don't see any skips.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

3D isn't CPU intensive when you have a GPU centric system, requires frames to be rendered twice at once from different perspectives, something the Wii U is already doing in EVERY GAME.

Having hardware eyefinity support helps with that.

Its almost like thats what eyefinity does, and that almost sounds lkle the reason nintendo wanted eyefinity.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Having hardware eyefinity support helps with that.

Its almost like thats what eyefinity does, and that almost sounds lkle the reason nintendo wanted eyefinity.

You'd think they, like, had a plan or something.

#25 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

You guys do realize the game, all three versions, are100% the same geometry, texture, and lighting wise right?

You do realize this is a 3ds game right? Anyone who tries to make comparisons regaurding this game and graphics power is a hack who has no idea what they are talking about.

The wii u lighting is not better, its not worse, its exactly the same.

Mtframework is an engine built ground up for 360/ps3, taylor made to the hardware.

the mtframework mobile on 3ds was made ground up for the hardware, and optimized over the course of every capcom 3ds game before reveleations.

sf4, re mercenaries, lost planet etc, before it got running as smooth as it did on 3ds. Do you people REMEMBER the hiccups early mtframework 3ds games like mercenaries had?

The silent hill hd collection runs like crap compared to the ps2 games. That doesnt mean the hdtwins are only on par or slightly worse than ps2.

It means nothing except mtframework hasnt been used and optimisedon wii u as much as it has on other systems. It probably wont be used much at all on wii u past 3ds games on wii u.

Anyone who thinks the Wii U's GPU is the same as the 360/ps3 are completely delusional.

The GPU in the Wii U is far more modern, newer shaders (appear to be 90% larger than that of r700 series), more effecient texture compression, built in tesselator, more advanced lighting effects, post fx processing.

The GPU in the Wii U has been confirmed to have a similar feature set as Directx 10.1 (Nintendo is actually using OpenGL 4 specification which is more advanced than Directx 10.1)

While the GPU's in the PS360 were made way back in 2005, which the equivalent of Directx 9 level of effects.

i'm not even talking about power (it should be at least 2x ps360 gpu's anyhow), but as far as feature set its a very modern GPU.

You should probably do some reading up the crappy old 7800 cards (The equivalent that is in the x360).. You can pick up the very lowest end Radeon 6000 card for dirt cheap that will run circles around it, with modern feature set to boot. At the moment nobody has pin pointed what the GPU in the Wii U is based on, but we do know it can handle any modern effect found in 2011 built cards, so at the bare minimum its a Radeon 5000 series, which again is several GPU generations ahead of the PS360.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Anyone who thinks the Wii U's GPU is the same as the 360/ps3 are completely delusional.

The GPU in the Wii U is far more modern, newer shaders (appear to be 90% larger than that of r700 series), more effecient texture compression, built in tesselator, more advanced lighting effects, post fx processing.

The GPU in the Wii U has been confirmed to have a similar feature set as Directx 10.1 (Nintendo is actually using OpenGL 4 specification which is more advanced than Directx 10.1)

While the GPU's in the PS360 were made way back in 2005, which the equivalent of Directx 9 level of effects.

i'm not even talking about power (it should be at least 2x ps360 gpu's anyhow), but as far as feature set its a very modern GPU.

You should probably do some reading up the crappy old 7800 cards (The equivalent that is in the x360).. You can pick up the very lowest end Radeon 6000 card for dirt cheap that will run circles around it, with modern feature set to boot. At the moment nobody has pin pointed what the GPU in the Wii U is based on, but we do know it can handle any modern effect found in 2011 built cards, so at the bare minimum its a Radeon 5000 series, which again is several GPU generations ahead of the PS360.

It is capable of DX11.1 equivalents.  The notion that it is limited to 10.1 features only came from a GDC panel where they were talking specifically about Unity engine and what it is currently capable of on Wii U, they also confirmed that as Unity for Wii U is updated over the next few months, it will support the full Unity 4 Pro feature set.

#27 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

It is capable of DX11.1 equivalents.  The notion that it is limited to 10.1 features only came from a GDC panel where they were talking specifically about Unity engine and what it is currently capable of on Wii U, they also confirmed that as Unity for Wii U is updated over the next few months, it will

support the full Unity 4 Pro feature set.

I didn't suggest it was limited to 10.1, just thats the last directx revision we can use until dx11. We know its OpenGL 4.0, and that does put it above dx10.1 but not quite dx11. I haven't seen any confirmation the Wii U GPU would be compatible with dx11, let alone dx11.1.. is there a source? I'm not calling you out, I just never seen anything regarding it

11.1 would indicate that its at least a Radeon 7000 in the Wii U. i haven't seen anything that would suggest Nintendo went with a 7000 series GPU (The highest i have it pegged as is 6000 series).

If this is the case then there is no reason why the Wii U couldn't display the same level of effects (performance withholding) as the PS4.. I mean as far as we know rumors have suggested that Microsoft went with a Radeon 6000 series (so far every rumor about the xbox 1 has turned out to be true). I just find it hard to believe Nintendo went with a more advanced GPU than Microsoft. That is fantastic news if true.

Edited by Elem187, 30 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I didn't suggest it was limited to 10.1, just thats the last directx revision we can use until dx11. We know its OpenGL 4.0, and that does put it above dx10.1 but not quite dx11. I haven't seen any confirmation the Wii U GPU would be compatible with dx11, let alone dx11.1.. is there a source? I'm not calling you out, I just never seen anything regarding it

11.1 would indicate that its at least a Radeon 7000 in the Wii U. i haven't seen anything that would suggest Nintendo went with a 7000 series GPU (The highest i have it pegged as is 6000 series).

If this is the case then there is no reason why the Wii U couldn't display the same level of effects (performance withholding) as the PS4.. I mean as far as we know rumors have suggested that Microsoft went with a Radeon 6000 series (so far every rumor about the xbox 1 has turned out to be true). I just find it hard to believe Nintendo went with a more advanced GPU than Microsoft. That is fantastic news if true.

My mistake, DX11 equivalents.  It should also support OpenGL4.1.

Also, keep in mind that 11.1 added nothing new other than minor efficiency enhancements over 11.0, mainly in the areas of GPU compute and video processing.  It still has every rendering feature at its disposal that the PS4 will, but as you said, performance withholding. It won't be capable of as much all at the same time technically (so far as we know) but it won't be much of an issue other than with regards to framerates, LOD to a small extent, etc.

Edited by routerbad, 30 May 2013 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!