#21 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wow, doom and gloom?

Look, we have a lot of games coming. NSLBU, Sonic Lost World, Mario and Sonic Winter Games, Pikman 3, Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong. And I am sure I am missing some games.

However, the reason Nintendo launch games were delayed is because they aren't big enough to make these games in HD. They under estimated what they needed. That's their mistake.

Hopefully some third parties will step in and help. But it doesn't look like it.

I must have missed the part where seven games was a lot. Two of which we're supposed to be out at launch and a third which is essentially DLC and not a brand new game. So that leaves you with four. 

You're right, they underestimated what they needed. Badly. I can't really have much sympathy for them however when the entire rest of the industry has been churning out HD games for the past seven years. It wasn't as if they were venturing out in to unknown territory. They could have easily gone to any developer and found out exactly what it would take. They're a game company, they should be up to date with their knowledge of the industry.

You're right on the mark with that last point. Third parties aren't going to step in and help Nintendo out, there's no reason and no incentive for them to and Nintendo obviously doesn't care. They don't care if they have third party support or not. 

pNgecl.gif

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

I must have missed the part where seven games was a lot. Two of which we're supposed to be out at launch and a third which is essentially DLC and not a brand new game. So that leaves you with four.

You're right, they underestimated what they needed. Badly. I can't really have much sympathy for them however when the entire rest of the industry has been churning out HD games for the past seven years. It wasn't as if they were venturing out in to unknown territory. They could have easily gone to any developer and found out exactly what it would take. They're a game company, they should be up to date with their knowledge of the industry.

You're right on the mark with that last point. Third parties aren't going to step in and help Nintendo out, there's no reason and no incentive for them to and Nintendo obviously doesn't care. They don't care if they have third party support or not.

Just because they were suppose to be launch titles they don't count as a release? That's kind of odd. The Lugi game is actually an entirely different game, being sold cheaper as DLC and by itself at a slightly higher price. I actually want that game.

I'm not saying have patience, or sympathy for them. There is no excuse. But we are getting new games. Games that hasn't been played before.

Just unfortunately, most of these games were known about.

And seven games for six months left in the year is a lot. Why would Nintendo compete with themselves? Do you expect Nintendo to have seven games every month? Would you buy every one of them? Not everyone can afford that.

Edited by MorbidGod, 11 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!