• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well Ubi said that it takes about 1 million euros to port a title. Each game makes the publisher 10 euros (i think, could be 15) per sale. So to make their money back they would need 100k sales per title minimum.

I wish I knew how well their launch titles on the Wii U did.

Some might have made more than 100k, but not well overall. http://www.vgchartz....tform/47/wii-u/
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

There's 30m 3DS owners.....  Friend of mine's son is far more into video games than I am- Loves Wii titles but hasn't gotten one yet, but probably will for Christmas.  I think there's a lot of nintendo fans out there who haven't taken the plunge just yet.

I haven't either, but will in a month or two.

Some might have made more than 100k, but not well overall. http://www.vgchartz....tform/47/wii-u/

I think companies expected those numbers however, being launch games and all. I think this fall will give us a clearer picture. 

Surprised ZombiU sold that much. 

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think companies expected those numbers however, being launch games and all. I think this fall will give us a clearer picture.

I am hoping that this fall Watch Dogs sells well for Wii U! I'm not expecting it to sell better than the current generation version, but at least a million.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

There's something very wrong here.

Not only is your logic flawed in that the games that the WiiU is missing out on aren't exactly family friendly parent-approved titles. Wii U will have a much stronger and deeper lineup this Christmas than both of the other consoles as well. The lineup this fall for both of the other ones is (quite literally) shooters, sports, and cars.

I disagree. The PS4 and Xbox One are going to have a far more compelling and varied line up this holiday season then the Wii U. They don't just have FPS, sports and racing games. And its not just about the games but the game playing experience and the ecosystem they have built up from the PS3 and Xbox 360 respectively. Both will sell far more consoles then the Wii U this holiday season. Just reading the reports about the level of preorders indicates that.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 28 June 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I disagree. The PS4 and Xbox One are going to have a far more compelling and varied line up this holiday season then the Wii U. They don't just have FPS, sports and racing games. And its not just about the games but the game playing experience and the ecosystem they have built up from the PS3 and Xbox 360 respectively. Both will sell far more consoles then the Wii U this holiday season. Just reading the reports about the level of preorders indicates that.

Their launch lineups are not going to be any better than the Wii U launch lineup was, and Wii U will have many of the multiplats coming this year from the likes of Ubisoft, WB, etc. as well as several Nintendo exclusives including Sonic, M3DW, Pikmin, W101, DKTF, and a whole host of indie games that have reached their kickstarter goals and are bringing their games to Wii U.  Some of those, like Road Redemption, is next gen exclusive on Wii U.

Also, Wii U preorders were sold out as well, if you remember.  If it hadn't been for the lack of first party titles (they had too many 3rd party games at launch, go figure) the momentum would not have stalled.

#26 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Keep in mind, it must not be tracking eshop sales. Check out the number of eshop only titles that have no data beside them. 

Speaking of which, I wonder if EA would have fared better if their games were available online? 

#27 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

There's something very wrong here.

Not only is your logic flawed in that the games that the WiiU is missing out on aren't exactly family friendly parent-approved titles.  Wii U will have a much stronger and deeper lineup this Christmas than both of the other consoles as well.  The lineup this fall for both of the other ones is (quite literally) shooters, sports, and cars.

The parent approved sadly is very few. Kids + teens play shooters and driving games and their parents don't bat an eye. There is a reason every year COD is the biggest sales numbers. I agree parents should look in to it. But most don't now and it's shocking.

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

The parent approved sadly is very few. Kids + teens play shooters and driving games and their parents don't bat an eye. There is a reason every year COD is the biggest sales numbers. I agree parents should look in to it. But most don't now and it's shocking.

I agree

#29 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Keep in mind, it must not be tracking eshop sales. Check out the number of eshop only titles that have no data beside them. 

Speaking of which, I wonder if EA would have fared better if their games were available online? 

EA isn't on the eShop? That just feeds  the Nintendo/Origin rumor. 

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

And so it begins, dun dun duhhhhhhhhhh!

#31 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'm sure they will get good sales for rayman and just dance.

#32 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Its all about software sales for the publisher.  The Wii U could sell tons of units, but if nobody is buying their software, then they will cut down the support.  Its hard to imagine them not selling fairly well if the Wii U is selling well.  If Assassins Creed 3 was able to sell 150-200k with  3.5 million Wii U's sold, then you would think that the new Assassins Creed should do quite a bit better when the Wii U userbase is double that.  Ubisoft seems more reasonable, I am betting that they would be happy with their games selling over 500k, but another year of 150k sales and they will probably pull support.  I wouldnt worry to much, I think things will start picking up here in a couple of months. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!