Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Sure, here you go.

It appears the situation has gotten "worse". A few notable search phrases that are further down the list past that screenshot include "flutterguy", "i hate ponies", "princess celestia", "my little pony 4chan", "horse pictures only", and even "my little pony wii".

We've also had at least 4 guests find mlpforums.com through this forum and register there without registering here.

WTF!? "my little pony 4chan"!? And lol at the "I hate ponies".

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#82 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

I'm sure it'll get better after some big Wii U news will be released :D

#83 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

I accept full responsibility for "Flutterguy". :P

#84 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

what the hell!? FOR GODS SAKE!!! THIS IS A FRICKIN WIIU FORUM!! END THE MADNESS!! yeah but seriously, Feld0 (or fluttershy *spits word out*), you should seriously change your name back and stop all this pony crap. oh, and ftr, I HAVE MY ARMY TO FIGHT!!

super_smash_bros_brawl.jpg NINTENDO CHARACTERS WILL PWN!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE A NINTENDO FAN IF YOU DENY THIS!!!

Edited by CRAZY FOR WIIU, 17 September 2011 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

#85 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

what the hell!? FOR GODS SAKE!!! THIS IS A FRICKIN WIIU FORUM!! END THE MADNESS!! yeah but seriously, Feld0 (or fluttershy *spits word out*), you should seriously change your name back and stop all this pony crap. oh, and ftr, I HAVE MY ARMY TO FIGHT!!

super_smash_bros_brawl.jpg NINTENDO CHARACTERS WILL PWN!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE A NINTENDO FAN IF YOU DENY THIS!!!

Really? You don't have to bash on other people's fandoms just because you don't like it. Like Wertville said, his fandom or avatar has nothing to do with Nintendo, at all. That doesn't mean he's a bad person or anything, he or anyone else on this forum is allowed to like whatever they want. Just because there's a not really significant amount of bronies on here, doesn't mean we can't talk about the Wii U and Nintendo related things. Trust me, when MLP Forums starts, probably all of the pony talk will go over there. So, you need to calm your hooves down please.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 17 September 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#86 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

I think you're overreacting a little bit. :P Feld0 said that he's going to change his name back soon. Besides, there's no reason for your "army to fight" the ponies. Nintendo-related stuff has the gaming section of the site, while Ponies have the non-gaming section. There's no reason not to like MLP and Nintendo. The only time ponies will move into the gaming section is if a MLP game is made (which would be amazing if done properly).

Really? You don't have to bash on other people's fandoms just because you don't like it. Like Wertville said, his fandom or avatar has nothing to do with Nintendo, at all. That doesn't mean he's a bad person or anything, he or anyone else on this forum is allowed to like whatever they want. Just because there's a not really significant amount of bronies on here, doesn't mean we can't walk about the Wii U and Nintendo related things. Trust me, when mlpforums starts, probably all of the pony talk will go over there. So, you need to calm your hooves down please.

Yeah, most of the pony-related stuff will move over to MLP Forums, but I'm sure some of it will stay. I'm going to keep my Fluttershy avatar for the foreseeable future, and I reckon the MLP thread will continue to get longer.

Quick suggestion here - Maybe we could have a link to MLP Forums like the one for 3DS Forums.

#87 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

I think you're overreacting a little bit. :P Feld0 said that he's going to change his name back soon. Besides, there's no reason for your "army to fight" the ponies. Nintendo-related stuff has the gaming section of the site, while Ponies have the non-gaming section. There's no reason not to like MLP and Nintendo. The only time ponies will move into the gaming section is if a MLP game is made (which would be amazing if done properly).

Yeah, most of the pony-related stuff will move over to MLP Forums, but I'm sure some of it will stay. I'm going to keep my Fluttershy avatar for the foreseeable future, and I reckon the MLP thread will continue to get longer.

Quick suggestion here - Maybe we could have a link to MLP Forums like the one for 3DS Forums.

I think that would be brilliant. But did you hear what David did last night? He tweeted about MLP Forums, and Feld0 said quite a few people joined instantly. So I thought that was splendid, but a link to MLP Forums from 3DS Forums would haul over a lot of people also! So, we could get the party started even sooner!

#88 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

I think that would be brilliant. But did you hear what David did last night? He tweeted about MLP Forums, and Feld0 said quite a few people joined instantly. So I thought that was splendid, but a link to MLP Forums from 3DS Forums would haul over a lot of people also! So, we could get the party started even sooner!

I meant a link on this site's index, like we have a link to 3DS Forums. Anyway, I did see that tweet. David has around 5000 followers, so I expected that at least some of them would be interested.

#89 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I meant a link on this site's index, like we have a link to 3DS Forums. Anyway, I did see that tweet. David has around 5000 followers, so I expected that at least some of them would be interested.

Yeah, I know what you meant, I just felt like wording it that way. :P
Also, I wonder how many other people need to register in order for the MLP Forum to start, last night Feld0 said about 36 people left, but their was some dubes, so their needs to be around 43 people to pre-register, according to Feld0 last time I heard from him. So, we don't need to wait too long everypony!

#90 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, I know what you meant, I just felt like wording it that way. :P
Also, I wonder how many other people need to register in order for the MLP Forum to start, last night Feld0 said about 36 people left, but their was some dubes, so their needs to be around 43 people to pre-register, according to Feld0 last time I heard from him. So, we don't need to wait too long everypony!

COME ON PEOPLE. Feld0 didn't reach his goal of launching it before Season 2. :P
Anyways, I call dibs on Discord as my name

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#91 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Really? You don't have to bash on other people's fandoms just because you don't like it. Like Wertville said, his fandom or avatar has nothing to do with Nintendo, at all. That doesn't mean he's a bad person or anything, he or anyone else on this forum is allowed to like whatever they want. Just because there's a not really significant amount of bronies on here, doesn't mean we can't walk about the Wii U and Nintendo related things. Trust me, when mlpforums starts, probably all of the pony talk will go over there. So, you need to calm your hooves down please.

I didnt mean it like that, I meant that the pony stuff has gone a bit (a bit more than a bit) too far :P

Posted Image

#92 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

I didnt mean it like that, I meant that the pony stuff has gone a bit (a bit more than a bit) too far :P

You could claim the same about the minecraft stuff on here. A SERVER"S GOING TO LAUNCH SO IT"S GONE TOO FAR!!! IT MUST BE KILLED WITH FIRE! is the vibe that I got from your post

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#93 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

I don't know if I should stick with nintendo3DS as my name, so everyone knows who I am. Or go for Fillyshy.....

#94 Peach Bloom

Peach Bloom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:elviswjr
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, MLP:FiM, Adventure Time

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

I don't know if I should stick with nintendo3DS as my name, so everyone knows who I am. Or go for Fillyshy.....

You mean on here or the MLP Forums? I'm thinking of using "Apple Bloom" (or Apple_Bloom or AppleBloom) for my name on the MLP Forums.

F1jKB.gif

#95 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

You mean on here or the MLP Forums? I'm thinking of using "Apple Bloom" (or Apple_Bloom or AppleBloom) for my name on the MLP Forums.

I'm talking about MLP Forums, of course I'm keeping my username on here as nintendo3DS. :D

Edited by nintendo3DS, 17 September 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#96 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

POPULAR

CRAZY,

Please explain why it has gone too far. Avatars, signatures, and usernames are simply a form of personal expression, and it would be ridiculous to place a ban on ones that are pony-related. The only fair way to do that would be to place a ban on all sigs, usernames, and avvies that don't have anything to do with games. Wertville/Gin Kamiya explained this before brilliantly, so I'll just leave you with this link to his post about it.

As for the actual MLP presence on the forum, sure, we bronies may occasionally post a pony reaction image like this one:

Posted Image

...but I fail to see how that's any different from something like this:

Posted Image

It's not like Star Trek is any more relevant to a Wii U forum than My Little Pony, is it? Yet none of you would openly go around bashing me if I was to post that image as a reaction to someone's post.

As for the actual MLP discussion, please tell me where you have seen us talking about the show outside of the dedicated topic. We're not going around trying to force everyone to love ponies by derailing threads with them or discussing the show outside of that topic. If someone's sig is annoying you, you are more than welcome to press the ignore button in its upper-right corner and hide it. If you don't want to talk ponies, just stay out of the MLP thread.

Atsuro brought up a good point, too. Minecraft has a pretty huge presence on here, too, and I'm about to give up a precious quarter of my server's power to run a multiplayer service for all the Minecraft fans on here. Absolutely free of charge, and only because I want to do something nice for everyone here who enjoys the game. Minecraft has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo, much less the Wii U. Yet, where's my well-deserved "we're a Wii U forum!! Why do we have an official group of people here playing a friggin PC game?" hate? Maybe I should call of the entire Minecraft server project now, if all you guys want is Wii U stuff. It would save me money, anyway.

Kurt and I are starting MLP Forums with a similar idea as the Minecraft server - there are a significant number of people here that enjoy something I happen to be into myself, so I want to do something nice for them and give them a place where they can post all the ponies they want. Just like I'll be giving all the Minecraft fans here a place to build all the stuff they want, but together with the same familiar people they've befriended and have talked to for the past few months here.

Both of these efforts are initiatives I'm taking with the intention of strengthening our bonds as a community beyond our mutual interest in the Wii U. I care about all of my members, and want you to come here for the community, not just for Wii U talk. I've seen several new friendships form here, and have made quite a few myself, and I'm positive that they will outlive the Wii U. Would you prefer to come here and talk about nothing but the Wii U with no one but anonymous, disposable strangers?

#97 Turbo Tails 8027

Turbo Tails 8027

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, racing games and Yoshi

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

I think it's how things like Minecraft are game related, and things like Star Trek keep a low profile here, whereas the pony content is possibly over-intense. It was close to driving me crazy... and then I saw the show.

Believe me when I say I have never wanted it MORE outta my face BEFORE that moment! T.T
Posted Image
Image by MLDragoMaster, with text from AudiYoshi on YAF

#98 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

Feld0, once again, you make so much logic that it hurts.

I think it's how things like Minecraft are game related, and things like Star Trek keep a low profile here, whereas the pony content is possibly over-intense. It was close to driving me crazy... and then I saw the show.

Believe me when I say I have never wanted it MORE outta my face BEFORE that moment! T.T

Relax dude, it's still not that big. My point still stands, I've seen several forums dedicated to games/books have a massive amount of bronies, but still, they don't lose focus on what they are designed to do. Plus,your point about MC is like claiming that it's alright for a giant amount of a Star Trek forum to be Star Wars fans and openly discuss it. It's pointless to argue that MC should be treated differently the MLP. They both aren't what this forum was orginally purposed for, but they are things the community bonds over.

Sorry if that sounded harsh

Edited by Atsuro Kihara, 17 September 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#99 Turbo Tails 8027

Turbo Tails 8027

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, racing games and Yoshi

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

That does make sense, but Iunno, I just haven't been able to escape it these days. In all fairness, Minecraft's starting to get to me too... @.@

And my point on my personal opinion on the show still stands... >.<
Posted Image
Image by MLDragoMaster, with text from AudiYoshi on YAF

#100 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

That does make sense, but Iunno, I just haven't been able to escape it these days. In all fairness, Minecraft's starting to get to me too... @.@

And my point on my personal opinion on the show still stands... >.<

We aren't running around killing people for hating on the show? it's not like we are communist after all, right? We just enjoy the show. Plus, I think I realized what the problem here is: It's not that the bronies are rising up and destroying the forums, but rather that a good chunk of the active members ATM are Bronies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Google, Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!