27 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

Bayo and 101 are first party though.

Nintendo doesnt own platinum, they are a third party dev that can produce on whatever platform they want, hence why bayonetta was on ps360.

Just because Nintendo is publishing (paying for discs, manuals, cases, distribution etc) Doesnt mean Nintendo's MAKING the game, or owns the studios making the game (first party) and does not as a result own the bayonetta or w101 ip.

There is actually no such thing as second party. Its a made up 'game journalist' term.

They are both third party games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'll be sticking with the Wii U. Then again I've always been gaming exclusively on Nintendo systems (with the exception of Genesis/ Dreamcast)

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'll be sticking with the Wii U. Then again I've always been gaming exclusively on Nintendo systems (with the exception of Genesis/ Dreamcast)

Always beeen Nintendo exclusive and I love my Wii U. Seriously I didn't see anything at E3 that made me want another console. Only 3rd party game I'm missing and upset about is NBA2k14. I'm a big basketball fan.

#24 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Nintendo doesnt own platinum, they are a third party dev that can produce on whatever platform they want, hence why bayonetta was on ps360.

Just because Nintendo is publishing (paying for discs, manuals, cases, distribution etc) Doesnt mean Nintendo's MAKING the game, or owns the studios making the game (first party) and does not as a result own the bayonetta or w101 ip.

There is actually no such thing as second party. Its a made up 'game journalist' term.

They are both third party games.

Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta now, so she is just as much a first party character as Mario. Just because Nintendo pays a Developer to make a first party game doesn't make it any less of a first party game. If Platinum makes Starfox (which Kamiya wants to do) does it become second or third party?

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

Wii U- Getting the most unique experiences with mid - range graphics, Best exclusives and mediocre third party support.

PS4- Has mediocre exclusives, best third party support, high end graphics, not a big jump from ps3.

Signature_Fox.png

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta now, so she is just as much a first party character as Mario. Just because Nintendo pays a Developer to make a first party game doesn't make it any less of a first party game. If Platinum makes Starfox (which Kamiya wants to do) does it become second or third party?

No. Ugh. Your critical thinking needs work.

Starfox's intellectual property belongs to Nintendo. They own the ip, thats whats needed to make it first party. Just because you publish a game, or even make it, doesnt mean you own the ip.

If that were true sega would own bayonetta, and nintendo would have had to go through sega instead of p* to get bayonetta 2.

Dont bother attempting to find kamiya's tweet, I know exactly which one you misunderstood to arrive at your current position.

Nintendo owns the rights to the INDIVIDUAL GAME Bayonetta 2 because they published it.

P* owns the bayonetta ip, bayonetta 3 can appear anywhere p* wants.

Nintendo would need to buy p*, or buy the bayonetta intellectual property for bayonetta to become 1st party, in which case they can pay anybody develop the game and have it still be 1st party. Because they publish AND own the property.

But since they dont, and platinum does, its a third party exclusive.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

No. Ugh. Your critical thinking needs work.

Starfox's intellectual property belongs to Nintendo. They own the ip, thats whats needed to make it first party. Just because you publish a game, or even make it, doesnt mean you own the ip.

If that were true sega would own bayonetta, and nintendo would have had to go through sega instead of p* to get bayonetta 2.

Dont bother attempting to find kamiya's tweet, I know exactly which one you misunderstood to arrive at your current position.

Nintendo owns the rights to the INDIVIDUAL GAME Bayonetta 2 because they published it.

P* owns the bayonetta ip, bayonetta 3 can appear anywhere p* wants.

Nintendo would need to buy p*, or buy the bayonetta intellectual property for bayonetta to become 1st party, in which case they can pay anybody develop the game and have it still be 1st party. Because they publish AND own the property.

But since they dont, and platinum does, its a third party exclusive.

After looking around a bit, you're right. I thought Nintendo bought Bayonetta franchise. It looks like SEGA actually owns it still, but didn't have incentives to publish it. I don't know how long Nintendo's deal is with Sega to have Bayonetta exclusive to the platform however. 

#28 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

Buy a Wii U so you can get horrible ports (if they even come out) and first party titles that are seriously lacking even more as the years go by! :)

Or buy a PS4 for $50 more and get all the 3rd party support, better hardware and community features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!