• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#101 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Switching between heroes is easy you draw a new weapon thats it folks come on now....

It's harder than a rocket science ' - ' ;;

#102 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

This game if very refreshing.  It's very addicting and easy to play, yet challenging enough for those who want to play the game properly.  The visuals are a pleasant change to many HD games out there on the market.  It's like playing a real life INCREDIBLES movie mixed with some old school Japanese superhero quirkiness. A day one pick-up in my book!!!

#103 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Its also the same exact people who crapped on every single monster hunter thread. Repeatedly.

Its never good enough for them to say they just dont like monster hunter, or its just not for them.

No, they have to try to PROVE its a bad game and people who enjoy it are stupid/blind fanboys.

Its not a coincidence these are both high skill demanding games, and the same people are going out of their way to crap on people who enjoy the game.

Its getting pretty obvious any game thats too hard/complex for them is 'shallow' and has 'bad controls' and 'overhyped'.

But once their arguments start getting destroyed its nothing but 'geez, cant you guys accept people have different opinions?'

I don't think anyone was trying to prove monster hunter was a bad game, or is trying to prove wonderful101 is a bad game.
They state their issues with the game, and of course it's worded in frustration, since the game wasn't working with them, then folk what like the game come along and "Y U NO LIKE IS GODEST U R NOOB U NO GOOD AT GAMR CASUAL11!TWELVE!"
There's no need for anyone to prove or disprove anything, when I comment that I think the controls for example as rainbow in a game, I'm just venting my frustration with it, and hoping maybe someone will give me a tip for dealing with the quirks of the control scheme.
I'm not looking for someone to white knight the video game.

The controls are pretty awful.

Can I play this with a pro controller? The line drawing stuff is pretty unresponsive.  I also didn't like the camera angle.
 You guys really need to stop hyping up every game like its the second-coming of Jesus Christ. I'll probably rent it and that's it.

Yes, you can use pretty much any controller. Change the camera with l and r.

Gamepad style stuff is handled via picture in picture'.

The line drawing is incredibly responsive, you just arent any good at it. You can right stick it okami style, which is what i do because i dont like taking a hand off the controls to draw.

YOU people need to stop claiming everything you dont understand/ suck at/ isnt immediately digested because its not the same exact thing as every other game you already know how to play is over rated garbage without having any clue whatsoever what you are doing.

Any game can be as fun as a stick in the mud if you play it like... A stick in the mud.

Its always the same damn people with the same silly pony complaints with EVERY SINGLE GAME that actually requires skill.

Even when its not the same, on different system forums, it might as well be the same. Their comments are all interchangable.

The same damn type of complaints were leveraged agwinst viewtiful joe, okami, monster hunter, dark souls, bayonetta. Doesnt matter the system, there will ALWAYS be people who think they are amazing at videogames because of how easy the average game has become. And HATES when reality slaps them in the face with a game that actually requires skill, and they find out they suck.

There's an example.

btw, haven't played it yet, but I wasn't interested in it anyway, will give it a shot at some stage though.

Edited by Nollog, 12 August 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#104 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I don't think anyone was trying to prove monster hunter was a bad game, or is trying to prove wonderful101 is a bad game.
They state their issues with the game, and of course it's worded in frustration, since the game wasn't working with them, then folk what like the game come along and "Y U NO LIKE IS GODEST U R NOOB U NO GOOD AT GAMR CASUAL11!TWELVE!"
There's no need for anyone to prove or disprove anything, when I comment that I think the controls for example as rainbow in a game, I'm just venting my frustration with it, and hoping maybe someone will give me a tip for dealing with the quirks of the control scheme.

There's an example.

btw, haven't played it yet, but I wasn't interested in it anyway, will give it a shot at some stage though.

Thats a nice rationalization. But its simply not true. There were plenty of people venting frusteration or just stating their dislike with a game. While not a single one of them asked for help, they also never went past stating anything but a subjective dislike of the game.

Some said there was too much going on to take in and they didnt like it. Some said they didnt like beat em ups. Whatever, Thats their opinion.

I didnt step in until people started to attempt to objectively blame fictitious shortcomings in the game for their dislike. They couldnt just remain subjective, and leave not liking the game on them.

They began stating 'facts' wrong with the game, like its combat was shallow, or controls were bad. But they couldnt leave it there, no then they started telling people who DID enjoy the game that they were crazy, overhyping fanboys.

The thing is, when you leave subjectivity behind and start making objective statements, facts come into play. When you start saying the controls are bad, yet many people are doing amazing things with those 'bad' controls, on video, consistantly, every time, the situation becomes pretty obvious. Particularly when the same people post the same nonsense on multiple games renowned for tight control and high skill demand.

The controls are fine, they are simply bad at them and blame the game instead of themselves.

Thats when I stepped in.

Your scenario, while nicely subjectivist, to put it bluntly.... Just doesnt exist.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#105 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

So. Played the demo for a bit. Not gonna lie, I was very confused at first. xD I hope they include a quick controls tutorial in the full game, because I had no idea what the ABXY buttons did. :P It is a sorta busy game, which can be confusing, but it was pretty decent once I got the hang of it.

Don't hate me! xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#106 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

I like the game.  It took me a little while to get use to the controls (both touch and right analog stick) but  I found that there is a lot of depth to the controls and once I got in to the swing of things with the regular combat and chain combos, I found it a real enjoyable taste of what's to come in the full version. While some others may be turned off by the learning curve mixed with the pace of action (there is a lot going on, on screen), I see this as one of those games people are either going to love it or hate it.

#107 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

There's an example.

I honestly think there's something wrong with him upstairs. He's putting words in my mouth that I never said. I never stated in this thread nor did I try to prove that The Wonderful 101 is a bad game. Not everyone is going to find the controls as satisfying as he did. There's multiple people in this thread as proof, yet he continues on with this futile argument that "z0mg, these guys must find the game to be terrible since they didn't like the playstyle!" All I said was the people of this forum should stop hyping every Wii U game like it's the second-coming of Jesus Christ. If you obviously see that as me saying that trying to prove the game is terrible (which I don't think it is, but he'll try and twist this post into his own perception of the fake reality he lives in), then you really need some sort of therapy session.  

Not every game is for everyone. And I went back to play the game with the Pro Controller and had a much experience, it's an alright game, not the greatest, but alright. People really need to stop living in their small little boxed up worlds and learn to handle and opinion without freaking out. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#108 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

I like the game.  It took me a little while to get use to the controls (both touch and right analog stick) but  I found that there is a lot of depth to the controls and once I got in to the swing of things with the regular combat and chain combos, I found it a real enjoyable taste of what's to come in the full version. While some others may be turned off by the learning curve mixed with the pace of action (there is a lot going on, on screen), I see this as one of those games people are either going to love it or hate it.

sorry repost by accident

Edited by Thugbrown, 12 August 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#109 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

sorry repost by accident

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner  with common sense! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#110 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner with common sense!

You lose the right to play this card when you never actually did it.

Your very first post ridiculed anyone who enjoyed and could play the game enjoyably as idiots who just hype garbage because its on wii u.

The controls are awful--You guys really need to stop hyping up every game like its the second-coming of Jesus Christ.

Simply because you didnt get it.

You did NOT simply state a different opinion. You ridiculed everyone elses who was different.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#111 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Should I be more specific? Should I posts pictures for you to understand me better? I never, ever said in any of my posts that I had trouble figuring out the controls. I said in my original post:

"The controls are pretty awful.' " The line drawing stuff is pretty unresponsive" Thinking the controls are pretty mediocre is completely different from not knowing how to play the game. You need to chill out, you're hulking SMASHING your keyboard and trying to breakdown anyone's posts that don't like this game. It's a opinion. Nobody will ever share the same one. Just because you found the controls to be well for you doesn't mean that others won't. There's plenty of people that think the controls are complete trash. Does that mean they couldn't figure how the game plays?

You need to relax, take a chill pill, and stop getting upset over a forum. I think the concept of the game itself is good and original, but the lackluster control hurt it.

What do you find so lackluster about the controls? Keep having your argument with 3Dude, but this is something I'd genuinely like to know. Maybe it's just because I've played the demo as "small enemies means sword" and "big enemies mean hand", but the only "problem" I've found is drawing a big hand with the stick without running out of Wonders, and that's user error.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#112 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner with common sense!

The funny thing is, it seems 3Dude is the only one that actually does have any common sense.

Your actual quote said that anyone enjoying the game needed to stop hyping the game up because you'd played it and it wasn't that good.

3Dude has been completely reasonable, and not once has he said that anyone is wrong for not liking it. Read the thread back.

The funniest bit is bring up 'opinions', because that's the biggest get out clause going for talking nonsense.

#113 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

So. Played the demo for a bit. Not gonna lie, I was very confused at first. xD I hope they include a quick controls tutorial in the full game, because I had no idea what the ABXY buttons did. :P It is a sorta busy game, which can be confusing, but it was pretty decent once I got the hang of it.

Don't hate me! xD

How DARE you not know the controls the first time you played it?! you suck at video games! i can play it fine, so that means everyone else can! this game is a masterpiece, and those who say bad about it must DIEEEEEEEEE!!!

bb0.gif

#114 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

You lose the right to play this card when you never actually did it.

Your very first post ridiculed anyone who enjoyed and could play the game enjoyably as idiots who just hype garbage because its on wii u.

Simply because you didnt get it.

You did NOT simply state a different opinion. You ridiculed everyone elses who was different.

It's an OPINION. You really need to learn to stop taking thing so literal and serious on a forum, especially where some might not share the same ideals as you. I think that this game is heavily overhyped. You don't. Am I questioning you or trying to attack me like you did to anyone person that disagreed with you? No I'm not. I'm simply responding to you. I'm not the only one that had problem with the touch controls. Users on IGN, GameFAQs, Gamespot, Serebii's forums, and NeoGAF also had problems. Stop it. Seriously. You argue cause you try, note the keyword "try" to countlessly win arguments like they are some kind of accomplishment. I'm entitled to post whatever I feel on the game, you don't like it? Too bad, suck it up and go back to debating meaninglessly about the specs of the Wii U. I'm done with you. I'm not the only who sees your counter-argument as incredibly not good. 

The funny thing is, it seems 3Dude is the only one that actually does have any common sense.

Your actual quote said that anyone enjoying the game needed to stop hyping the game up because you'd played it and it wasn't that good.

3Dude has been completely reasonable, and not once has he said that anyone is wrong for not liking it. Read the thread back.

The funniest bit is bring up 'opinions', because that's the biggest get out clause going for talking nonsense.

Yes its definitely common sense. 3Dude definitely has the right to attack anyone who doesn't like The Wonderful 101 or fines a flaw in the game! Get out "clause?" That utterly ridiculous nonsense. I'm not trying to get out of nothing. I don't fear 3Dude nor am I afraid to debate with him. However, when you want to argue for hours upon hours about difficulties somebody found with the controls and they didn't like it, you obviously have issues to work out. Not every game is for everyone, he doesn't seem to comprehend that because die-hard love for Nintendo is too strong. 

What do you find so lackluster about the controls? Keep having your argument with 3Dude, but this is something I'd genuinely like to know. Maybe it's just because I've played the demo as "small enemies means sword" and "big enemies mean hand", but the only "problem" I've found is drawing a big hand with the stick without running out of Wonders, and that's user error.

I'm pretty sure I was clear when I said "I found the line/circle drawing to be unresponsive"

Edited by Y2Kev, 12 August 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#115 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

I don`t know if it`s a system seller, but if the whole game is as good as the demo, it´s a really, really good reason to own one!

Besides Rayman Legends, it`s the first demo i feel like replaying. And to me, that says a lot.

#116 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I seriously don't see what is so great about the Wonderful 101... But if you like it, good for you. It's not my cup of tea though.

The graphics are decent at best, I think Wind Waker HD has better graphics.

The gameplay seems like Pikman on steroids.

The problem for me is this game is like a awkward mix of Viewtiful Joe, Pikman, and Bayonetta. 

Don't get me wrong, I am sure it is a good game but it is far from being "the reason to own a Wii U" I don't think a single person out there is going to go out and buy a Wii U because of this game.

You shouldn't hype up a game so much, you'll be disappointed if it doesn't deliver. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 12 August 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#117 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

It's an OPINION. You really need to learn to stop taking thing so literal and serious on a forum, especially where some might not share the same ideals as you. I think that this game is heavily overhyped. You don't. Am I questioning you or trying to attack me like you did to anyone person that disagreed with you? No I'm not. I'm simply responding to you. I'm not the only one that had problem with the touch controls. Users on IGN, GameFAQs, Gamespot, Serebii's forums, and NeoGAF also had problems. Stop it. Seriously. You argue cause you try, note the keyword "try" to countlessly win arguments like they are some kind of accomplishment. I'm entitled to post whatever I feel on the game, you don't like it? Too bad, suck it up and go back to debating meaninglessly about the specs of the Wii U. I'm done with you. I'm not the only who sees your counter-argument as incredibly not good. 

Yes its definitely common sense. 3Dude definitely has the right to attack anyone who doesn't like The Wonderful 101 or fines a flaw in the game! Get out "clause?" That utterly ridiculous nonsense. I'm not trying to get out of nothing. I don't fear 3Dude nor am I afraid to debate with him. However, when you want to argue for hours upon hours about difficulties somebody found with the controls and they didn't like it, you obviously have issues to work out. Not every game is for everyone, he doesn't seem to comprehend that because die-hard love for Nintendo is too strong. 

I'm pretty sure I was clear when I said "I found the line/circle drawing to be unresponsive"

Lots of people have voiced opinions that dont think w101 is that great for them, I havent paid them any mind. Quit trying to play the victim card, the very first thing you did was 'attack' if your definition is to be used, everyone who enjoyed the demo.

You can post whatever you want. But if you leave the realm of subjectivity and begin to objectively push your opinion on others as fact; Im going to use facts to form an argument against it. So have your facts straight, or just stick to a subjective opinion, you know, like the people you keep quoting.

Wow, your stories are really starting to get grand... and.... Different.

You know I find that when people stories keep getting more and more complex, and more and more new details surface, its usually because its bunk. I mean, you just spent paragraphs trying to retroactively explain how your first post didnt actually mean what you wrote. If that was the case, why didnt you just say that in your second post?

I think this may mean more to you than it does to me. I didnt know you spent hours and hours on your arguments. I just checked my phone periodically throughout the day, and wrote maybe 5-10 minutes of response when I was waiting on something or had free time. When I wasnt replaying front mission.

Is it really worth it? I mean, youd rather just make up a grandious story about how, somehow, because im defending the w101 from bogus claims that im some frothing blind nintendo fanboy (an ad hominum you had been staunchly refusing to admit you had implied all the way up to this point by the way, looks like my perception was correct) instead of simply admitting you made a callous claim just because you couldnt pull off a games moves instantly and it doesnt mean its awful or broken, and people who can pull them off are liars/overhyping morons.

You keep making allusions to this, but only in an overtly aggressive manner, and as if it was your intent all along.

Also does defending tw101 = nintendo fanboy work anyways? Like monster hunter, that just doesnt make any sense, as in order to be a fan of the style means you had to enjoy games on non nintendo systems first.

There hasnt been a kamiya action game on nintendo systems for... 7, 8, 9 years? Since viewtiful joe.

There was devil may cry (not 2) And Okami, but those were on ps2, Bayonetta, but that was on ps360, and metal gear rising, also on 360. So, where does nintendo come in? In order to already be a fan of platinum/clover/kamiya games, you HAD to play on non nintendo systems, and be fans of those games, on non nintendo systems. Same with other games this has gone on with like monster hunter. Unsurprisingly, ad hominums just dont hold any water.

Quite frankly, the only time I see people get this angry, and creating these kinds of wild stories instead of just a much simpler clarification....

Is when the nail is simply hit on the head.

this game is like a mix of Viewtiful Joe, Pikman, and Bayonetta.

Heck yeah it is. Though replace pikmin with okami.

Its really nothing like pikmin except in the most cosmetic of ways.

I really think if you try and play this game with a pikmin mindset it will be impossible to get anywhere.

You arent one entity controlling an army of a hundred.

You are an army of a hundred being controlled as one entity.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#118 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

The thing is, you're complaining about your opinion not being respected, yet don't seem to realise that telling people they are overhyping something is by definition telling them they are wrong.

You not liking it is as valid as 3Dude loving it, so how can you say someone really enjoying it is 'overhyping' it?

#119 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

This has turned into such an awful thread. 

The title of this thread is a positive one but you wouldn't think that, based off of the responses. 

Regardless if you're purchasing this game or not, I think everyone should be excited for this game. It's receiving a lot of positive attention by the gaming industry and, right now, that's really what the Wii U needs. 

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#120 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

twJcoPd.jpg

and then this bish comes into scene...i cant stand her!!

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!