• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Forgive them? For what? They didnt do anything personally to me. They are just a company trying to make money.

I saw how they want to try and make more of that money, and refused to take part in it. So did a lot of people. We werent wronged, or hurt. The system hasnt even come out yet.

However, they showed their cards, and its not a hand I want to bet money on.

Sure they went and changed it all back. But that doesnt really matter to me. I dont trust them, simply because they tried it in the first place. They arent simply going to give up on this. And I highly doubt they will be as transparant next time.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Their DRM plans didn't harm me.
Thee's nothing to forgive.

Xbox Live was a far bigger hurdle for me, I consider that a lot worse, and it's been around for 10 or so years now.
Besides, it was obvious they'd go back on their plans. Microsoft aren't the type of company to be different, it's unsafe.
Windows Live on the PC is a joke, zune barely does what it does, their phones are trying to copy apple, they seem to aim for safe mediocrity and wonder why nothing they sell becomes a smash hit.

Couple that with the price they're asking for x1, the featureset that probably will never come to my country yet they're focusing on it so heavily, and the lack of games I'd be interested in on it, it was never on my radar.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Forgive them? For what? They didnt do anything personally to me. They are just a company trying to make money.

I saw how they want to try and make more of that money, and refused to take part in it. So did a lot of people. We werent wronged, or hurt. The system hasnt even come out yet.

However, they showed their cards, and its not a hand I want to bet money on.

Sure they went and changed it all back. But that doesnt really matter to me. I dont trust them, simply because they tried it in the first place. They arent simply going to give up on this. And I highly doubt they will be as transparant next time.

I guess by forgiven I meant was have they gained back your support because when they announced DRM and stuff they lost a lot of it and I feel since they completely turned around most of there crappy policies they've gained my support back and I will probably at some point buy an Xbox One

#24 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't feel the need a need to forgive Microsoft as I don't hold grudges. I will not buy there product as the I simply lost interest in my 360. The lack of very little original titles and the annual repeat of shooters and othe games was enough reason to push me to wii u. Though there is a lack of wii u titles the change in systems is enough for me.

Now the red ring of death on 2 different xbox's and my Xbox live account issues as I moved between countries also helped in my decision.

#25 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well, considering I was not going to even buy next generation consoles, (Did end up with a Wii U), There's really not all that much to forgive that well, however, even if the economy was good and I was going to buy all of the next gen consoles, the Xbox one would still too resource dependent.That doesn't mean I won't buy and play games for my original Xbox, Xbox 360, or Windows 7 gaming computer, though.

Edited by The Halbird, 20 August 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#26 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Never had to forgive them, while I think they're arrogant assholes their policies didn't really affect me much in the short term.

So I don't have a problem with them.... for now. 

I really never buy used games unless it's like 4-5 years down the road. I really think the DRM thing was blown out of proportion. What Microsoft wanted to do was basically get console gamers to move on to the digital era. If those DRM policies stayed in place we could have potentially seen digital copies of games being sold on the Xbox One at prices equivalent to Valve's Steam platform. It wasn't nearly as bad as it sounded, the media likes to blow things out of proportion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!