YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well, I have an iPod Touch 5, and let me tell you; it's a beautiful device. I don't use it for very much other than listening to music and watching YouTube videos, but even just that, and being able to admire the sleek design of the hardware -- and now, with iOS 7, even the software -- makes it worth the $299 to me. Apple may be overrated, but there's no doubting that their products look really good. Some may think they're over-priced, but others may think they're just right.

I'd say that if you want to have the iOS "experience" ( :P), then an iPod Touch 5 would be a worthwhile buy. You can even get a cheaper $229 version, though it does lack a back-facing camera.

Eh, idk if I find one cheap I guess.

This thread kind of confuses me.

First you say you don't need a phone cause of monthly fees, and that you got rid of the S4 (which you have because you hate apple). Okay, i get that. Then you say you want something with the same cool and innovative features as the phone of the company you hate(?). Just saying, I've never called any of the companies I hate innovative or cool, let alone innovative and cool.

But moving on, people then recommend phones with cool and innovative features. But now you don't want the features (??). And you also don't want something you're unfamiliar with, but apparently you only know Apple and Samsung products.

So I think, according to what you've said, just get nothing. Don't follow the crowd and save your money.

And to answer your original question, yes, Apple is very overrated. iPhones are one thing, but Macs?

I'll bucking kill you if you try and justify a mac's pricetag.

I'm one of those people that don't know what they want...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#42 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

blackberry, pay as you go, sorted

#43 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

blackberry, pay as you go, sorted

You kinda pay for any phone as you go but okay.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#44 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Well, I have an iPod Touch 5, and let me tell you; it's a beautiful device. I don't use it for very much other than listening to music and watching YouTube videos, but even just that, and being able to admire the sleek design of the hardware -- and now, with iOS 7, even the software -- makes it worth the $299 to me. Apple may be overrated, but there's no doubting that their products look really good. Some may think they're over-priced, but others may think they're just right.

I'd say that if you want to have the iOS "experience" ( :P), then an iPod Touch 5 would be a worthwhile buy. You can even get a cheaper $229 version, though it does lack a back-facing camera.

Whether something is overpriced or not isn't really a matter fo opinion. There's a certain amount that the materials, resources and time that went into the product. What makes something over priced or not is how much markup the company puts on those materials resources and time. Apple loves to put really bucking high markups on their products, especially (like I said before) macintoshes. I say this without trying to offend you, but how can you justify $300 for youtube, music and a couple crappy games? A good quality 16gb SONY mp3 is $80, so do you think youtube in your pocket, is worth $220? And the "iOS experience" is so far behind every other experience hat you can't say it's worth $220. There's really no way to justify that kind of price.

Eh, idk if I find one cheap I guess.

I'm one of those people that don't know what they want...

It sounds to me like you do, but you just know that what you want is 1) a bad idea 2) against what you stand for.

The only suggestion you're not flat out rejecting is th iPod touch, but you're making small excuses when the few people who suggest get one suggest you get one. I could only guess that's because you 1) don't want to have what other people have just because you don't want to buy a popular product 2) don't want to buy it because you know you'll just be jumping on the bandwagon. I had more reasons I forgot them :P

I'll add them if I remember.

ot relly. Most people sign contracts saying you'll pay ___ per month for ____ years with ____, _____, and _____ benfits.

Pay as you go is hre you buy credit, use it up, and by more when you want.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#45 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Whether something is overpriced or not isn't really a matter fo opinion. There's a certain amount that the materials, resources and time that went into the product. What makes something over priced or not is how much markup the company puts on those materials resources and time. Apple loves to put really high markups on their products, especially (like I said before) macintoshes. I say this without trying to offend you, but how can you justify $300 for youtube, music and a couple crappy games? A good quality 16gb SONY mp3 is $80, so do you think youtube in your pocket, is worth $220? And the "iOS experience" is so far behind every other experience hat you can't say it's worth $220. There's really no way to justify that kind of price.

So, you basically have to overprice your products to make a profit.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#46 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

nooo, pay as you go, pay five pound, that lasts forever, 10 pence a text, you didn't text this month, doesn't matter, you still got your five pound? it's like this world doesn't exist no more because people feel contract is their only option

#47 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

nooo, pay as you go, pay five pound, that lasts forever, 10 pence a text, you didn't text this month, doesn't matter, you still got your five pound? it's like this world doesn't exist no more because people feel contract is their only option

What? I don't understand british currency XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's America.

But also, contracts are subsidising your new phone, instead of 300 euro for an s4 mini, it's 60 euro on a 12 month 15 euro/m contract

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

So, you basically have to overprice your products to make a profit.

Nonono not at all. Like I said, what decides if something is overpriced is how much they jack it up AFTER all thsoe expenses. There's always additional fee, (profit margin) but, like I said, Apple's profit margin is absolutely outragous.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#50 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's America.

But also, contracts are subsidising your new phone, instead of 300 euro for an s4 mini, it's 60 euro on a 12 month 15 euro/m contract

Do yous not have pay as you go? The money you could save is unreal! If you don't text much then it is a much better alternative option.

What? I don't understand british currency XD

£5 is 250 texts, 2 pence a text or 1 pence a MB.  If you didn't feel you was going to use 300 texts a month then I was suggesting you used PAYG

Edited by JoshZebra, 19 September 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#51 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Nonono not at all. Like I said, what decides if something is overpriced is how much they jack it up AFTER all thsoe expenses. There's always additional fee, (profit margin) but, like I said, Apple's profit margin is absolutely outragous.

So... Who decides how big that "profit margin" should be?

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#52 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Do yous not have pay as you go? The money you could save is unreal! If you don't text much then it is a much better alternative option.

£5 is 250 texts, 2 pence a text or 1 pence a MB.  If you didn't feel you was going to use 300 texts a month then I was suggesting you used PAYG

I'm Irish.
You only see or hear Americans talking about pay as you go when they say "burner phone".
I don't think it's the big thing there.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#53 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm Irish.
You only see or hear Americans talking about pay as you go when they say "burner phone".

Ahh, lovely place ^_^

I never really take into consideration where people are from, I just assumed it would something over there. 

#54 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

So... Who decides how big that "profit margin" should be?

There is no set amount obviously, but it's usually depends on how big the margin other competitors in the market  have and also just... being reasonable. I mean, if I tried to sell you something for $2000 I paid  $20 for, does that sound morally fair and sound to you?

I'm Irish.

My rents always talk about how much better british phone plans are, especially because of there pay as you go plans which, like Nollog said aren't nearly as big in NA. In Canada it's hell. I originally had pay as you go, and it was no less than 25c per text. I had to switch because in a couple days I could empty my card, and paying $25 a week is far from cost effective.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#55 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Limited amount of texts? Screw that get unlimited texting XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

#56 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

So, this PAYG thing.

We call it credit, right?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#57 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

So, this PAYG thing.

We call it credit, right?

Why would you call it credit?
You use credit to pay as you go though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#58 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Why would you call it credit?
You use credit to pay as you go though.

Either that, or pay the 700 dollars when you buy it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#59 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I like the user-friendliness of apple.

#60 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I like the user-friendliness of apple.

Cool, I like the customizablitiy of android.

sfOI1m6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!