Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I like the user-friendliness of apple.

If by "User friendly" you mean charging users extra, having inferior software, making people pay extra just to so much as open their products, making people buy accessories to do things other systems can do as a standard, and of course, updating their charging and docking system so a half decade of technology can quickly become obsolete, then yes, I completely agree :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#62 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

If by "User friendly" you mean charging users extra, having inferior software, making people pay extra just to so much as open their products, making people buy accessories to do things other systems can do as a standard, and of course, updating their charging and docking system so a half decade of technology can quickly become obsolete, then yes, I completely agree :)

pretty sure he meant the superior user experience that is worth every penny. add to that the top class security and consistent reliability
and the lack of market fragmentation as well as an ecosystem that supports older devices well beyond what the others do.

Cool, I like the customizablitiy of android.

it is more customizable and root friendly.

but i don't know if that actually helps it work any better. and then there is the malware and virus issue running rampant.

still, everyone is different.

i even know folks wwho prefer windows phone.

#63 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

pretty sure he meant the superior user experience that is worth every penny. add to that the top class security and consistent reliability
and the lack of market fragmentation as well as an ecosystem that supports older devices well beyond what the others do.

The user experience isn't superior, it's a preference thing. I prefer windows UI to iOS UI, it's not a matter of superiority. However, Windows, is essentially more customizable since there hundreds, if not thousands of programs you can use to alter the experience to your liking that iOS doesn't have.

Also, some people would consider market fragmentation a good thing.

How does iOS support older devices better than windows? O_o

Also, Macs aren't this top of the line security product like people try to sell you. They don't get viruses because they don't have the numbers for people to make viruses for them. Why hit 10000 computers when you could hit 100000?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#64 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

but i don't know if that actually helps it work any better. and then there is the malware and virus issue running rampant.

Yeah I like all the widgets and all the different settings for just about anything on android.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#65 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

you assume i am a he. the gamer world is so... nevermind.

#66 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

If I am inaccurate, then please accept my apologies.

#67 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

If I am inaccurate, then please accept my apologies.

:-D no big deal! but yeah i'm a girl. 

#68 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I like the user-friendliness of apple.

Well I guess OEM's like Samsung have butchered Android pretty harshley. But Stock android with enhancements such on the Moto X, it rivals the iOS user experience.

Actually android isn't that insecure anymore. People who get virus's sideload their apps (which is disabled by default), Google added a scan service to scan those apps. Plus the playstore is updated so its more secure than it was. Sure they don't take 2 months to analyze each app like Apple, but its not filled with Virus's anymore.

Stupid Snowmads!

#69 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well I guess OEM's like Samsung have butchered Android pretty harshley. But Stock android with enhancements such on the Moto X, it rivals the iOS user experience.

Actually android isn't that insecure anymore. People who get virus's sideload their apps (which is disabled by default), Google added a scan service to scan those apps. Plus the playstore is updated so its more secure than it was. Sure they don't take 2 months to analyze each app like Apple, but its not filled with Virus's anymore.

actually, most malware is still found on googles mrketplace.

and samsung enhanced android with both security and ui.

no flavor of android rivals the ios experience.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 07 October 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#70 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I prefer oranges

apple are always waxy anyway

#71 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Can I just say

It's in no way ridiculous to assume you'er a male since like 95% of people who game seriously are guys. Also like 60% of girls straight up turn their noses up at video games.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#72 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Idk I've always seen Apples iphone or iPods/iPads as easy to use and understand. It's like Mario,Cod,or Gta they always use a similar formula to their games but they satisfy their consumer base. I think that success will make others hate on the product simply because their favorite is not selling on said company's level.

#73 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

actually, most malware is still found on googles mrketplace.

and samsung enhanced android with both security and ui.

no flavor of android rivals the ios experience.

The fact that you called it Googles Marketplace makes me question your research.

http://www.phonearen...se-harm_id47960

And it's hard to detect every app that dosen't really have anything suspicious in the coding.

And Samsung enhanced Androids UI and experience? That may have been true a few years ago, but Touchwiz is outdated, ugly, and bloated which cause their phones to hang up and lag. Theres a lot of misconceptions about Android which is easy because of how diluted it became.

Stupid Snowmads!

#74 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Can I just say

It's in no way ridiculous to assume you'er a male since like 95% of people who game seriously are guys. Also like 60% of girls straight up turn their noses up at video games.

yes but:

Premise: assume everyone on gaming boards are male (and straight)
Premise: assume it's okay to make heterosexist/mysoginist jokes and espouse these attitudes everywhere
Results: less women and LGBT people ever coming into the conversation or joining into the gaming world

Results: a cultural monoculture in the gaming world with the same games targeted at the same audience FOREVER

Results: no progress in video games beyond this culturally monotonous and bleak view of reality

i mean, no biggy. i am exaggerating.

#75 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

The fact that you called it Googles Marketplace makes me question your research.

http://www.phonearen...se-harm_id47960

And it's hard to detect every app that dosen't really have anything suspicious in the coding.

And Samsung enhanced Androids UI and experience? That may have been true a few years ago, but Touchwiz is outdated, ugly, and bloated which cause their phones to hang up and lag. Theres a lot of misconceptions about Android which is easy because of how diluted it became.

Play Store or whatever.

Home to the most malware for mobile devices.

Didn't have to search out the data when it's been all over the news for the last couple of years. But if you havent' kept up, here are some links for you:

http://www.techrepub...side-the-gates/

http://www.cbsnews.c...s-from-malware/

http://antivirus.abo...e-Play-Safe.htm

http://arstechnica.c...android-market/

What's funny is google's Eric Schmidt just this Monday tried to say Android is more secure than iPhone and was laughed at by the audience and the interviewer at the Gartner Symposuim/IT Expo.

Right after hearing the laughter, Schmidt launched into some irrelevant rant about activation numbers, user base, and longevity of the platform along with a recollection of his Unix days and trying to deny that the well known fragmentation of the Android market is somehow untrue since their apps stores can all run Android apps... 

When the interviewer tried to ask why Schmidt would say such a thing (security), he compeltely dodged the question numerous times and was laughed at again. 

He was hoping he could just throw the statement out there and have it stick. Instead, it became a complete joke.

Then there is the 2012 U.S. Government (Dept. of Homeland Security) report citing the major security threat that is Android:

http://info.publicin...roidThreats.pdf

Anyone who would claim that Android is in any way a secure platform or one that rivals iOS is in need of research themselves.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#76 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

yes but:

Premise: assume everyone on gaming boards are male (and straight)
Premise: assume it's okay to make heterosexist/mysoginist jokes and espouse these attitudes everywhere
Results: less women and LGBT people ever coming into the conversation or joining into the gaming world

Results: a cultural monoculture in the gaming world with the same games targeted at the same audience FOREVER

Results: no progress in video games beyond this culturally monotonous and bleak view of reality

i mean, no biggy. i am exaggerating.

Looking at history actually, it was exactly like this. the only acceptable thing was to be a white, straight male. Look at where we are now.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#77 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Apple makes good quality stuff, but not good enough to justify the absurd prices they ask.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#78 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Apple isn't over-rated. They make very good quality products and i have no complaints out of them. When comparing it to a samsung galaxy, the galaxy may be more powerful and can emulate games, but iphone has an emulator now and iphones are made with better quality materials and actually feels good to hold other than holding cheap plastic.

But that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean you have to go by it.

#79 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Play Store or whatever.

Home to the most malware for mobile devices.

Didn't have to search out the data when it's been all over the news for the last couple of years.

Yes it had its issues. And I'm not saying Android is the most secure os, I think thats Blackberry. And yes it is a issue with android being open source. Google has been working to make it more secure. I personally, and several others I know used Android for years and never had a issue. Android even shows which stuff the app has permission to, if the app seems like it dosent need those, somethings up and you would know. In the latest release and probably expanding on in the next one, once you download a app, you can choose what it can access.

Apple isn't over-rated. They make very good quality products and i have no complaints out of them. When comparing it to a samsung galaxy, the galaxy may be more powerful and can emulate games, but iphone has an emulator now and iphones are made with better quality materials and actually feels good to hold other than holding cheap plastic.

But that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean you have to go by it.

I personally find the alumnium harder to hold and less comfortable, but I agree that Samsung is worse.  

Stupid Snowmads!

#80 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yes it had its issues. And I'm not saying Android is the most secure os, I think thats Blackberry. And yes it is a issue with android being open source. Google has been working to make it more secure. I personally, and several others I know used Android for years and never had a issue. Android even shows which stuff the app has permission to, if the app seems like it dosent need those, somethings up and you would know. In the latest release and probably expanding on in the next one, once you download a app, you can choose what it can access.

I personally find the alumnium harder to hold and less comfortable, but I agree that Samsung is worse.

I think the point was that per marketshare %, Android is by far, like in a huge way, prone to malware.

For the most part, if you are a smart user, you shouldn't have too many issues, but when apps are in the play store, approved and officially "safe" yet not actually safe, even going so far as the not report what they are doing, even a wise user is going to run into an issue. worse yet, many don't even know they have an issue.

Going by number of malware attacks per marketshare %, iOS is by far the most secure. even more so than blackberry, whose marketshare is deathly low and yet nearly matches iOS in percentage of attacks. that's crazy. especially when iOS has so much marketshare.

blackberry used to be the rage, but they just haven't been able to move fast enough.

Schmidt hinted at Androids open source (in truth it's not actually open source) nature meaning its been tested more, thus making it more secure in that IT Expo interview (the one with folks in the audience who deal the security of these things and know better by experience laughing at him). So, it would seem being open source is supposed to be a benefit to security, like Linux enjoys. Not vice versa. Android has issues stemming from the way its put together and the inability to fully invest in some of its code due to possible legal issues from ip theft with Sun Microsystems. But thats another story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!