#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

In the past few weeks it has been slowly let out that almost no Xbox One games will run games at 1080p. The only known 1080p game at this point is Forza. Ryse is 900p, and even Dead Rising 3 just said dynamic resolution so to me that sounds like a fancy word for sup bar graphics. I am a Xbox One supporter and don't mind playing at 900p but this next recent rumor is really killing me.

Apparently Call of Duty Ghosts and Titan Fall (Winner of over 60 E3 awards) will both run at native 720p only to be upscaled to 1080p. I hate upscale. My Xbox 360 does this for my 1080p television right now and it almost never ever looks good. There are tons of jaggies and tons of texture issues like with GTA V when I drive fast the textures go crazy and disappear and pop in and out. I don't want to pay 500 dollars for a console that can't run games better than my current gens console do. 

I support the Xbox One and really want to get mine at launch seeing how I already paid it off and 7 games. 

But this is a serious issue with me. What is the issue? Why are the games not running where they should be. My Wii U even runs games at a better resolution (silver lining) but I want my Xbox One to be the gaming machine I thought it would be and as they advertised it to be.... 

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Odd...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Because you're totally going to notice a 180p difference while frantically mowing down zombies or completing your bajillionth QTE.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

POPULAR

why is every one obsessing over resolution! we barley got true 720p this past gen! EVERYONE JUST CALM THE F*** DOWN! JUST PLAY GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE FUN! D:<

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

POPULAR

It's a crisis for Microsoft because their fans expect super duper grpahics, and that's all they expect from their games.
Casuals.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Because you're totally going to notice a 180p difference while frantically mowing down zombies or completing your bajillionth QTE.

Trust me, if you have a 1080p Screen with an upscale from 720P to 1080P, it looks terrible. You kinda have to see it for yourself to understand

On the topic at hand, Games will gradually get better, but not like it was for the PS3 and Xbox 360, the architecture is basically a PC, the developers already know how to make games for it. I'd say wait a year before the games get better in resolution, if they don't, then I have bad news for you (but they probably will do).

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

why is every one obsessing over resolution! we barley got true 720p this past gen! EVERYONE JUST CALM THE F*** DOWN! JUST PLAY GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE FUN! D:<

Yep

But you gotta think it's all this new younge kids that know nothing.

Anyone remember the nes or snes. Games where fun and they didn't have mind blowing graphics.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yep

Anyone remember the nes or snes. Games where fun and they didn't have mind blowing graphics.

I was born in 94 and loved the Nintendo 64 days but the whole point of buying new hardware is to up your experience so 1080p to me is a given.

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well, 900p native is higher than 720p native.  Welcome to the next gen

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

23229305.jpg

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

... 1. OPTIMIZATION. xbox1 games will be alot closer to PS4 games once this happens, im now enough about hardware to know that the xbox1 has more room to bennefit from optimization than the PS4, i also know that once both are optimized the should be able to pull those games in 1080p. but neather will have the amount of optimization possible out of the 360, PS3, or wiiU do to the standered low/mid laptop archetecture. 

as for 1080p, try turnning sharpness and similar settings down. will make 720/sub720p games look more blurry instead of jaggidy. bluury works fine for me, only part that can get annoying is once you played enough 1080p. 

as for a 'crisis', microsoft is throwing money around so they stay out of a PS2/xbox/GC gen and actualy have a chance of profit long-term, sony is at high risk of bankroupcy, and wiiU is so far flopping(though nintendo is not even remotely close to flopping). the xbox brand has a decent chance of being sold out (likly to dell or samsung), same with playstation. heck sony's buseness plan is set up for long term profit when the company is at risk of not surviving long term. and well, nintendo will try to get the wiiU to profit. 

#12 Octimus

Octimus

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

ok then you only have to take a ps4, it's a very good console with very good esclu like killzone shadows fall

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

So, your sources are basically rumors?

#14 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Yep

snes had AWESOME graphics! wtf are you talking about

#15 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

but xbone actually has games an ps4 doesnt...

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#16 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

but xbone actually has games an ps4 doesnt...

This X1000000. The only reason besides kinect and skype integration that im getting xbox one over ps4

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

You will, because the pixel remapping is not perfect, and the console will have to effectively guess and blur in order to stretch the image. it'd be fine if they were to simply use 1:1 pixel mapping and have it centred on the screen, but then it's not using the entire screen.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

XBOX ONE! You SUPPORT the Xbox One...

That's the bit that is confusing me! WHY???

#19 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

XBOX ONE! You SUPPORT the Xbox One...

That's the bit that is confusing me! WHY???

Not to be rude but your making fun of me supporting the Xbox One but your pic is wii party u. Im pro Nintendo and love my Wii U but I don't get why your being negative towards my consumer decision.

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

sup bar graphics.

lol'd 

Also, I do expect games to run in higher resolutions later on. Games weren't even HD when last gen launched I think. I hope they'll succeed tho, because a lot of 360 games look..  not really HD.

No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!