Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Foreword: Potentially posted before.

So, the Wii U has been speculated to be released at the earliest after April next year. I think a few companies have commented on release windows themselves. (I think SEGA said Spring/Summer, which would be mid year).

And then there's this: http://www.nintendo..../111028/05.html
Basically, it's a Nintendo financial report. It states that they want to make sure the Wii U is near perfect before launching, and that they want to show the final model at E3 2012.

Well, that sucks... So basically we won't get it until after E3 2012.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 27 October 2011 - 06:37 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

To me that is a good thing, This will make sure the upcoming launch titles will be good, and Nintendo can still work on there own, maybe even a Metroid game at launch, (to celebrate it's anniversary).
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Though it is a shame to see that the Wii U may be so far off in release, I'm actually very relieved, as this will give Nintendo ample time to prepare a stellar launch lineup as well as get all of the console's key features working before shipping it to the market. With the 3DS' launch troubles earlier in the year, I can say that I was a bit distraught over the lack of good software and the wait for a system update to unlock some features as a Day One buyer. By allowing themselves all of this time to perfect the console, they can have everything just right for the Wii U, and as an added bonus it'll give the 3DS extra time to shine as Nintendo's 'New Hardware'.
Posted Image
I like my ponies to be a little mixed up. And with Muffins.

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Also if you think about it this gives us more time to save our money.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Jonke

Jonke

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:Jonke5
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Pony, Anime

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

I have no problem with that, then they actually have time to get more popular launch titles to the Wii U. (Metroid+Retro anyone ;)?) Besides they have now more time to think about their online functionality and other Wii U softwares.

Edited by Jonke, 28 October 2011 - 01:27 AM.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

Also if you think about it this gives us more time to save our money.

This.

To me that is a good thing, This will make sure the upcoming launch titles will be good, and Nintendo can still work on there own, maybe even a Metroid game at launch, (to celebrate it's anniversary).

This.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think if they release the Wii U in late 2012, they will be able to have the time to have good quality titles for their launch. Also, I think they should release the Wii U when all the major-hit titles have been out for a while, such as: Mario Kart 7, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Paper Mario.

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:41 AM

I hate waiting but this is a postive move for Nintendo so I will wait a little longer for it. It's better to have a successful launch rather than just slopping the system out there, with flaws. Not only that like Caius said, it gives more time to save up money.(I only have $120 dollars and I'm going to need more.)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 martoparto

martoparto

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, SMT and Pokemon

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

I hope they don't abandon the 3ds when the Wii U launches.
I can get it, but a few years after the launch, because i have no money and I'm getting a 3ds for Christmas...

Posted Image

No! I didn't know the results!! Oh well...

#9 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

maybe for when The Wii U comes out and metroid anniversary they can release a metroid tille (with hi-res remake of the first metroid game, just like they did with wind waker and ocarina of time for the gamecube)
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#10 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Yeah of course I would love Wii-U now but I saw this coming,I think Nintendo want to push 3DS as much as possible before Sony release their new handheld.But I think they have learnt a lesson from the 3DS launch...software,software,software....and they will be busy getting triple A titles ready for launch...I have heard a rumour a Mario title is in the works and Wii-U needs it.I dont mind waiting as long as Nintendo get it right...I held off buying a 3DS because it had no software for like ages and Nintendo cant repeat that.
My guess is that Wii-U will go on sale in Nov next year.
But do not forget the awesome titles coming for 3DS like MK7,Mario 3D,Kid Icarus,Luigis Mansion 2,RE Revelations,MGS,Sonic Generations to name a few:) So that machine will keep me happy until Wii-U comes out:)
And when Wii-U gets released it will have Arkham City,GTA and hopefully a Mario or Metroid game (just what are Retro up to at the moment..??? does anyone know...???please tell me I'f you do.
And who knows Nintendo may even change the nubs for sticks on the controller etc...Its all good I think :)
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

I hope they don't abandon the 3ds when the Wii U launches.
I can get it, but a few years after the launch, because i have no money and I'm getting a 3ds for Christmas...

http://www.3dsfocus....-party-and.html

Don't worry about it. ;)

This is great news for me. Gives me some time to get the games I want, and save up in the process. ;)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

I'm glad that the Wii U is coming out in the summer for two reasons:

-I just spent $70 on Skyward Sword, which could have been spent on a Wii U. I'll have more time to save up
-This will give me the ENTIRE SUMMER to play with my Wii U without thinking about school one bit :D

#13 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

-I just spent $70 on Skyward Sword, which could have been spent on a Wii U. I'll have more time to save up
-This will give me the ENTIRE SUMMER to play with my Wii U without thinking about school one bit :D

hmm i wish you were right about it being in summer but thats not certain at all. the final version will be shown in the summer at E3. but i just saw an article reporting on a nintendo meeting and one of the results was that the wii u is likely to be released in japan in september and EU and NA in november :( a summer release would of been awesome and its still possible but less likely
Posted Image

#14 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

I'm actually glad they are going to release it later. Nintendo knows that they'll be in trouble if they mess up the Wii U like they did the 3DS.

#15 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

April sounds great, it's the time where my parents buy me gifts.
Posted Image

#16 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

hmm i wish you were right about it being in summer but thats not certain at all. the final version will be shown in the summer at E3. but i just saw an article reporting on a nintendo meeting and one of the results was that the wii u is likely to be released in japan in september and EU and NA in november :( a summer release would of been awesome and its still possible but less likely

WHAT?!?! If Nintendo doesn't release the Operation Rainfall Trio next year, it's going to be a REALLY boring year.

Edited by CaptainFalco311, 04 November 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#17 RawRonin

RawRonin

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Perfectly reasonable. As others have said, it seems that the big N is learning from what went wrong with the 3DS' launch and is ensuring the Wii U's quality, and furthermore, it gives a lot more room for us to prepare for it.

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

WHAT?!?! If Nintendo doesn't release the Operation Rainfall Trio next year, it's going to be a REALLY boring year.

operation rainfall? i dont know it sorry, is that about making xenoblade and others for america? if so then im pretty sure they will do that because you are right, it will be a boring year if those games arent brought to america :( you could live off third party stuff for ps360 if you have one until the wii u launch, or you could live off pc games if you have a good pc. like shogun 2 total war or something awesome like that, if none of that is good enough and operation rainfall doesnt happen then you could just concentrate on 3DS until november then buy wii u and be eternally satisfied :P
Posted Image

#19 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

Since Nintendo is showing the Wii U in its "final format" at E3 2012 I think a summer release is all but officially out of the question. The way I see it, the Wii U will release on September 30th for Japan and then on November 18th in the US/other territories.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Release Date, Jigglypuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!