Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

broke, about to get kicked out my apartment, no friends, no food.

what do? i can't seem to do anything right. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Wow that sucks. Don't you have a job? I mean no offence, but without it, you can't really start to build on your future. Anyway, I really hope things will look better for you in the near future. Good luck

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hmm. I had something like this happen but the difference then was I was in the middle of applying for disability. I got a case worker and rather quickly she got me a temporary housing in a small building that each room was like a college dorm room to yourself. I also was on the waiting list for a very nice apt building subsidized housing.  Took only a month. I assume you are not but you can still maybe find a case worker or something and they might be able to find something. If you are low income there are a lot of things you can apply for they don;t tell you about. Food Stamps,Cash Assistance(like 270$ a month..I used to have this) a program to lower your heating and phone bill for a couple months.There are many gov programs so go to your local workforces and see. yeah it's as fun as the DMV but maybe lifesaving.

I can only offer from personal experience. I will say getting some of this isn't easy but if you can is very helpful. Apologize for not being more helpful.

If worse comes to worse I guess charge a hotel room for a couple weeks til you find something more stable.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

ive been looking for work since june icant find anything i live in nyc, every time i had a job interview theyve said they would hire me and never did or never call back.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

ive been looking for work since june icant find anything i live in nyc, every time i had a job interview theyve said they would hire me and never did or never call back.

One thing about Job searching is if they say they will call. They never do. Trick is be persistent. Even low paying jobs you need to go in thre after the interview at the very least once a week until they take you more serious. Sounds lame but ya kinda have to annoy them a little.

Don't tell me the Zip but curious if you live anywhere near 10009 Weird question just have a  buddy up there

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

nooope.

dats manhattan right?

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

In those interviews, did you directly ask how the proces would work. When to expect the contract, when to sign and start, etc. Once they promise you the job you should stay in touch until you finally sign the contract. Try to keep in control and don't leave before everthing is really clear. Don't let you send away with a 'we will call' comment but stay in control and say you will visit or callback for the rest.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

In those interviews, did you directly ask how the proces would work. When to expect the contract, when to sign and start, etc. Once they promise you the job you should stay in touch until you finally sign the contract. Try to keep in control and don't leave before everthing is really clear. Don't let you send away with a 'we will call' comment but stay in control and say you will visit or callback for the rest.

I did everything that I was suppose to. I asked questions, about the job, etc. Nothing. 

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

i might sound like an ASS here but i am not trying to be.... How and why do you have a Wii U? Were you better off at one point and able to afford a Wii U?

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

POPULAR

But if Zinix becomes homeless and doesnt have internet... How am I supposed to get my adequate daily dose of both MSNBC and TMZ news????

#11 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

I did everything that I was suppose to. I asked questions, about the job, etc. Nothing.

That sucks. Are you open for jobs that are different/lowerthanexpected when you were in school?

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Get a loan, that's what I had to just do.

#13 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

come live with me for awhile 

bb0.gif

#14 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

I sadly don't have any advice for the situation, but I'll give some words of encouragement. Never give up, always look on the bright side of life, and remember you're awesome and part of the reason why these forums haven't gone near dormant. Stay strong, my good sir, and take the advice others have said here, since it's really good stuff.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

i might sound like an ASS here but i am not trying to be.... How and why do you have a Wii U? Were you better off at one point and able to afford a Wii U?

I've had it since launch. This is irrelevant. I had money at the time. 

come live with me for awhile 

Don't you live like 4483843 miles from me? lmfao 

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Sucks man. That is something I always fear happening and really since I'm in some credit debt.

I wish you the best of luck. The most I can say is sell what you can and find some labor work.

I know around here ups hires in about a week or less 

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

What jobs were you applying for?

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

What jobs were you applying for?

Retailll

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Thats so sad :'( I would try to find a way out of NYC. Housing is just too expensive there.

Signature_DK.png

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

I've had it since launch. This is irrelevant. I had money at the time. 

Thats why i asked. because there are many people in the world that dont manage money well. they will go out and buy electronics and things when they shouldnt be. i was curious. if i may ask where do you live?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!