• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

Talk about 'clickbait' Pach said Nintendo should cancel not Nintendo cancels production, the title is misleading !

#22 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

31st of January Iwata will give details of their future plans.... Not really anticipating it. If Nintendo does choose to stop the WiiU....we can forget about Bay2, MarioKart, the next Zelda and more.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#23 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Talk about 'clickbait' Pach said Nintendo should cancel not Nintendo cancels production, the title is misleading !

derp

gamz girnalizm all da way

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Well, I won't make myself popular...but he makes some points that are actually not that dumb

he's got a point, nobody is buying the WiiU & people with the WiiU are not buying any games, people are not going to pay £300 to play a couple of Mario & Zelda games.

there is little point in defending the WiiU anymore Iwata has admitted the WiiU has failed, what is Nintendo going to do carry on supporting & paying stores for shelf space until 2018/20 ?

No, he doesn't.
It would be commercial suicide to stop making Wii U games, then focus on two platforms Nintendo have absolutely zero experience with for only 1-2 years, only to abandon them for a new console nobody will want because it's only been 2 years since their favourite Nintendo games were on every console they already owned, after being raped in the ass by Nintendo with the Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

lol can't believe some people actually think nintendo will stop supporting wii u. Never gonna happen.

#26 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

I don't remember that scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#27 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

31st of January Iwata will give details of their future plans.... Not really anticipating it. If Nintendo does choose to stop the WiiU....we can forget about Bay2, MarioKart, the next Zelda and more.

Nah,they are not going to annoy 6.5mil WiiU owners.
That 6.5mil would never buy another Nintendo console again!
My bet is a welcome game change from yet more bl**dy Mario.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#28 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

WTF Mario on ps4 and xbox one

xbox one
"xbox on !"
"xbox play Super Mario 3D world "

"xbox join party"
"hey man , did you die ?"
"No , still up and running "

"xbox , off "

That sounds so wrong

#29 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

lol you guys think the wii u is gonna sell more than the other consoles

cute

No, it won't.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#30 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Lol Pachter.

bi5tzqg.gif

#31 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

How Michael Pacther is taken seriously beyond me.

He has called for Nintendo to cancel the Wii U and bring out a new console. This is what Sega did, not once, but two or three times and it was of the things that finished them off as a console manufacturer, they lost the faith of their once loyal fan base.

As for Nintendo becoming a third party developer? That's completely bonkers.

Quite how Pacther thinks Nintendo can cancel the Wii U, put their games onto their rivals consoles and then magically revert back to a new console in generation nine is beyond me. Either this man is a wind up merchant or he's incredibly stupid.

While I think Nintendo have screwed up with the Wii U, it's an unpowered console with no marketing, no real must have games and a gimmick controller which even Nintendo cannot utilise properly despite forcing it onto the consumer, I think Nintendo can still turn around the fortunes of the Wii U and I believe by the end of the Wii U's lifecycle that it can be a profitable console for Nintendo.

Wouldn't make much sense for them to cancel a profitable product, even if they aren't selling huge numbers.

The Wii U is not profitable (at the moment).

#32 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

The Wii U is not profitable (at the moment).

I was referring to the fact that they said from the start they only have to sell one game to break even on the Wii U console.

That doesn't mean they necessarily paid off all the cost of designing the console, but getting rid of any potential for selling more Wii U games wouldn't exactly put them in a better position.

The point is, they have already manufactured the consoles and are making games for it.  The only thing that CAN happen if they dropped it is making an even deeper loss, as all that manufacturing and development is suddenly worthless.  Plus as other people have said, no way people will buy the NEXT console if they drop the Wii U this soon and definitely not if they supported other consoles.

Te biggest reason the Wii U is not making them money right now is because they spent a lot more time/money making the games in the first place.  Its going to take a while to make up for that.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 10 February 2014 - 08:31 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#33 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

I was referring to the fact that they said from the start they only have to sell one game to break even on the Wii U console.

That doesn't mean they necessarily paid off all the cost of designing the console, but getting rid of any potential for selling more Wii U games wouldn't exactly put them in a better position.

The point is, they have already manufactured the consoles and are making games for it.  The only thing that CAN happen if they dropped it is making an even deeper loss, as all that manufacturing and development is suddenly worthless.  Plus as other people have said, no way people will buy the NEXT console if they drop the Wii U this soon and definitely not if they supported other consoles.

Te biggest reason the Wii U is not making them money right now is because they spent a lot more time/money making the games in the first place.  Its going to take a while to make up for that.

Don't forget the price cut will have hurt them financially and it hasn't really had the desired effect either. The price cut and a release of their AAA title hasn't had the desired effect in a large enough quantity. Nintendo is losing a lot of money from the Wii U, so much so that even the impressive 3DS console and games sales can't help Nintendo.

#34 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Nintendo won't release anything on the X1 or PS4.

#35 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS IN ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS  Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher

Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS IN ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS  Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher....

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Nintendo won't release anything on the X1 or PS4.

There's no reason for them to do so, they can change the fortunes of the Wii U around, they just need to get their software out and see if it has the same effect on the Wii U as it did on the 3DS. 

#37 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher....

This wouldn't be Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom would it?

http://www.albinobla...m/flash/badgers

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 11 February 2014 - 02:13 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

Absolutely not

#39 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

he's got a point, nobody is buying the WiiU & people with the WiiU are not buying any games, people are not going to pay £300 to play a couple of Mario & Zelda games.

there is little point in defending the WiiU anymore Iwata has admitted the WiiU has failed, what is Nintendo going to do carry on supporting & paying stores for shelf space until 2018/20 ?

I think your pricing is high for what they system costs these days.  Wii U could've been a huge hit had they made it a bit more powerful (didn't have to be on par with ps4 or x1) and dropped the gamepad.  They couldn't explain why it was needed or why it was innovative, Nintendoland sucked imo and at the very least was a FAR cry from Wii Sports in terms of a word of mouth system seller, and just as many predicted it became a tack-on feature, much more quickly than motion controls did for the Wii by the way.  Hell DKC doesn't even show the game on both tv and gamepad at once.  Its a totally useless feature imo and hinders the comfort of using a controller.  I'm glad I finally bought a nyko pro controller when it was on sale last week. 

This being said, I love the system.  I really do, the 9 games I have are all awesome.  But if Nintendo put these games on X1 and PS4 nobody would ever have a reason to come back to Nintendo.  If they go third party, they're making their bed.  Is that a bad thing?  Depends who you ask but possibly not.  Either way, I think there are too many games in development for the Wii U that are coming out in the next 2 years to just scrap the console.  It IS selling, it's not like HD DVD here.

I'm not particularly interested in Smash Bros. but the X RPG, Zelda U and HOPEFULLY something Metroid comes along soon.  Until then, I still haven't picked up DKC or Lego City.  Plenty to play if you give the system a chance.

#40 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

This wouldn't be Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom would it?

http://www.albinobla...m/flash/badgers

No.

It's Pachter Pachter Mushroom Mushroom.

Edited by R00bot, 14 February 2014 - 06:01 AM.

bi5tzqg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!