• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

I think your pricing is high for what they system costs these days. Wii U could've been a huge hit had they made it a bit more powerful (didn't have to be on par with ps4 or x1) and dropped the gamepad. They couldn't explain why it was needed or why it was innovative, Nintendoland sucked imo and at the very least was a FAR cry from Wii Sports in terms of a word of mouth system seller, and just as many predicted it became a tack-on feature, much more quickly than motion controls did for the Wii by the way. Hell DKC doesn't even show the game on both tv and gamepad at once. Its a totally useless feature imo and hinders the comfort of using a controller. I'm glad I finally bought a nyko pro controller when it was on sale last week.

This being said, I love the system. I really do, the 9 games I have are all awesome. But if Nintendo put these games on X1 and PS4 nobody would ever have a reason to come back to Nintendo. If they go third party, they're making their bed. Is that a bad thing? Depends who you ask but possibly not. Either way, I think there are too many games in development for the Wii U that are coming out in the next 2 years to just scrap the console. It IS selling, it's not like HD DVD here.

I'm not particularly interested in Smash Bros. but the X RPG, Zelda U and HOPEFULLY something Metroid comes along soon. Until then, I still haven't picked up DKC or Lego City. Plenty to play if you give the system a chance.

My one and only argument to what you are saying is that Nintendo did show, when the GamePad was first shown, how it added value to your games. The problem is, THEY not even once did any of those examples in a game.

They need to, and fast. Within a year I hope we see some of those original ideas fleshed out in a game.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#42 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS IN ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS  Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher

Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS IN ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS  Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher

SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher IS ON MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher SNAKE SNAAAKE! Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher Patcher  Patcher Patcher Patcher....

Would have been better if you said patcher "is a snake, snake, oh, he's a snake".

At least imo.

All the same, good work, this is the type of posting we need to reel people into the community.

:P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#43 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Would have been better if you said patcher "is a snake, snake, oh, he's a snake".

At least imo.

All the same, good work, this is the type of posting we need to reel people into the community.

:P

You're right man. I think BASEDGOD Pachter has been drinking too much Wonton Soup and this BS is getting boring now. 

Edited by NinjaFace, 16 February 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#44 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

My one and only argument to what you are saying is that Nintendo did show, when the GamePad was first shown, how it added value to your games. The problem is, THEY not even once did any of those examples in a game.

They need to, and fast. Within a year I hope we see some of those original ideas fleshed out in a game.

The Gamepad can be used to enhance the gaming experience you get, this is apparent when you play Nintendo Land and The Wonderful 101, even Rayman Legends utilises it well, but that's 3 games out of dozens of games out on the Wii U.

I still maintain that Nintendo should have made the Pro controller the standard controller and beefed up the hardware inside the Wii U.

#45 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Stop feeding Patcher.

#46 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

Did nintendo drive over this guys favourite teddy bear or something. lol

Edited by GCD, 27 February 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#47 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

yeah i would love to see gaming sites ban any threads regarding pachter and what he has to say.

#48 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Saw him quoted in another article- I think he realizes that stopping production would piss off their loyal fan base.  He said that they should support it for 2-3 more years and then get out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!