#21 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

That may be true nowdays, but he was claiming that that's ALWAYS been the case for Sony - The PSX and PS2 weren't the best graphically out of their respective generations. The "ignorant fanboy talk" thing was supposed to be partly a joke, but I guess I did mean it in a way because he was pretty much discrediting all of Nintendo's competitors by claiming that all they ever had going for them was superior graphics - and that's what Nintendo fanboys often do. I want Nintendo to move into making games only because that's the only thing I like Nintendo for (their beautiful games) and I think that we'd get more of those games if they went software only.

How many games has SEGA made since they went 3rd party? Most importantly, what has the quality of the games they've actually made been?

They used to make a lot of quality games to sell their systems, all they seem to do now is make Sonic games and publish games. Sega also closed down a lot of studios when they went software only.

Think about it, if Nintendo went 3rd party we wuld probably lose a lot of the "niche" franchises like fire emblem, etc. No thanks. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion your opinion is ignorant.

Nintendo should always be around. They've done so much for this industry, and yet they continue to do so. They're also the only pure video game company left that makes consoles. The day Nintendo goes 3rd party is the day I find another hobby.

If anything, either Microsoft or Sony should go software only. Their systems are almost identical.

BoT: I dont want graphics to get like that, I think the way they are now are just fine.
I think a better question is: are developers willing to take the HUGE financial risk?

Edited by Nin10dude712, 10 November 2011 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#22 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

How many games has SEGA made since they went 3rd party? Most importantly, what has the quality of the games they've actually made been?

They used to make a lot of quality games to sell their systems, all they seem to do now is make Sonic games and publish games. Sega also closed down a lot of studios when they went software only.

Think about it, if Nintendo went 3rd party we wuld probably lose a lot of the "niche" franchises like fire emblem, etc. No thanks. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion your opinion is ignorant.

Nintendo should always be around. They've done so much for this industry, and yet they continue to do so. They're also the only pure video game company left that makes consoles. The day Nintendo goes 3rd party is the day I find another hobby.

If anything, either Microsoft or Sony should go software only. Their systems are almost identical.

BoT: I dont want graphics to get like that, I think the way they are now are just fine.
I think a better question is: are developers willing to take the HUGE financial risk?

Sega is worse off because they were FORCED out of the console business, that wasted a tonne of their money and they haven't truly recovered since. If Nintendo had a planned transition to go software only they could be the most significant games developer on the market. This conversation is off topic anyway, so lets just agree to disagree, ok? :)

#23 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

Sega is worse off because they were FORCED out of the console business, that wasted a tonne of their money and they haven't truly recovered since. If Nintendo had a planned transition to go software only they could be the most significant games developer on the market. This conversation is off topic anyway, so lets just agree to disagree, ok? :)

I dont see Nintendo willingly (nor do I see them be forced to) go 3rd party anytime in the near or distant future. All the doom talk is just wishful thinking from fanboys. Sony's losing a lot more than Nintendo for its 4th year in a row and yet we dont hear about that. ;)

But for short, ok. I agree to disagree. :)
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#24 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

Please don't accuse me of "ranting" or being an ignorant fanboy, I wasn't ranting and most people here know I'm not ignorant.

I wasn't actually talking about you, I was talking about myself. Just added the ignorant to quote you.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#25 barmazuz

barmazuz

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

I dont see Nintendo willingly (nor do I see them be forced to) go 3rd party anytime in the near or distant future. All the doom talk is just wishful thinking from fanboys. Sony's losing a lot more than Nintendo for its 4th year in a row and yet we dont hear about that. ;)

But for short, ok. I agree to disagree. :)

Well, sony's not just a gaming company, they got all another kinds of stuff to support it.

#26 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Well, sony's not just a gaming company, they got all another kinds of stuff to support it.

The thing is that they are losing money from those other things they're doing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but their gaming division is the only thing making them money right now and even then they still need to recover from the loses they took early in the PS3's life. They're also losing A LOT of money because of the strong yen, and also lost some because of the earthquake. It's not just Nintendo who was affected by those 2. The media just blows everything out of proportion to make Nintendo look bad.

Here:
http://www.bloomberg...as-in-u-s-.html

Edited by Nin10dude712, 14 November 2011 - 02:23 AM.

Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#27 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

The thing is that they are losing money from those other things they're doing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but their gaming division is the only thing making them money right now and even then they still need to recover from the loses they took early in the PS3's life. They're also losing A LOT of money because of the strong yen, and also lost some because of the earthquake. It's not just Nintendo who was affected by those 2. The media just blows everything out of proportion to make Nintendo look bad.

Here:
http://www.bloomberg...as-in-u-s-.html

You're wrong, so I'll correct you :3 Sony is making hardly any money atm from their gaming division, they're being kept alive by the money they make from regular electronics - things like TVs.

#28 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

You're wrong, so I'll correct you :3 Sony is making hardly any money atm from their gaming division, they're being kept alive by the money they make from regular electronics - things like TVs.

Explain all of this then: http://gamrconnect.v...d.php?id=136764 :3

Edited by Nin10dude712, 18 November 2011 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#29 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Explain all of this then: http://gamrconnect.v...d.php?id=136764 :3

Explain what? They ARE being kept alive by the sales of other electronics. How is Sony's stock dropping supposed to disprove what I said?

#30 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Explain what? They ARE being kept alive by the sales of other electronics. How is Sony's stock dropping supposed to disprove what I said?

Denial.
http://latimesblogs....nd-quarter.html

Looks to me like they're losing money because their stuff isnt selling anymore. Their TVs are in decline, the tablets nobody cared about, the laptops are in decline too, etc.

Anyway, this argument is out of topic, so let's just leave it here.

Edited by Nin10dude712, 18 November 2011 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#31 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Denial.
http://latimesblogs....nd-quarter.html

Looks to me like they're losing money because their stuff isnt selling anymore. Their TVs are in decline, the tablets nobody cared about, the laptops are in decline too, etc.

Anyway, this argument is out of topic, so let's just leave it here.

I'm not claiming that they're going good. They're still being kept alive by their electronics though even if they're selling less and less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!