Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

So they're cancelling it but they don't want to hurt our feelings straight away.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

All this will do is force gamers who have a Wii U to get the game on their PS3/4 or 360/One consoles meaning that the Wii U will achieve below expected sales.

#4 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Well this sucks

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

What people forget is, if you want a decent port to Wii U with added gamepad support it will take slightly longer. It just depends what console gets a completed conversion first.

Either way, Ubisoft shafting Wii U once again.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Third parties continue to shoot their own balls off rather than give an honest try for once.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

All this will do is force gamers who have a Wii U to get the game on their PS3/4 or 360/One consoles meaning that the Wii U will achieve below expected sales.

Then Ubisoft will drop all support for Wii U saying "no one bought our rainbowty/late ports".

Seriously, there is no reason why the Wii U version should be delayed over others.

#8 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

This is sad and will once again influence wiiU Watchd.... Hey wait a sec...if I had a WiiU AND a Ps4, I would without a doubt buy the game for PS4. So actually it doesn't hurt WiiU Watchdogs too much, maybe only because the hype is gone weeks after the initial launch. still... Bad news.

The reason, understandable but strange, as said game was near completion months ago.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Then Ubisoft will drop all support for Wii U saying "no one bought our rainbowty/late ports".

Seriously, there is no reason why the Wii U version should be delayed over others.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

This is sad and will once again influence wiiU Watchd.... Hey wait a sec...if I had a WiiU AND a Ps4, I would without a doubt buy the game for PS4. So actually it doesn't hurt WiiU Watchdogs too much, maybe only because the hype is gone weeks after the initial launch. still... Bad news.

The reason, understandable but strange, as said game was near completion months ago.

lol, only like 3 million people own a p4, 6 million on wii u, the cross-over is minimal, and the p4 doesn't have a gamepad.
Or is 2 extra pixels worth 600$ and not buying a PC for those pixels?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

I'm still getting it. Unless they cancel it later...

Bring the noise.

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm going to skip this game, I'll actually support a developer that cares about Nintendo gamers like Platinum Games.

This is their way of 'shafting' Nintendo gamers after the poor sales of Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist and AC IV, if that is not the reason, it sure feels like it.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 10 February 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Cancelled my WiiU DeadSec preorder & pre-ordered it for my PS4.

#14 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Why would a delay make you cancel pre-orders? People deciding that they will not buy a game because of a delay or because of "ethical" reasons are feeding the company's distrust. If you don't buy their games, they won't make more. The smartest move is to show support, I mean, a delay is a delay, if it means we get a better game as a result do a few months really matter?

This is why I still plan on buying the game for my Wii U, also because it looks interesting.

Bring the noise.

#15 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

And the cycle begins anew.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

I'm still getting it. Unless they cancel it later...

Ditto. If they do then Ubi goes on my bottem well rainbow list. They are already in my naughty list and I would really like to support child of light.

#17 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Ditto. If they do then Ubi goes on my bottem well carp list. They are already in my naughty list and I would really like to support child of light.

If you want Child of Light, buy it. People not buying games because of annoyance that games don't come out, get delayed etc... are missing the point. If you stop buying their games, they will stop making their games for the console you own. You need to show support by purchasing their games, all you do when refusing to buy a game based on the company that made it is proving their point.

Also: Child of Light looks great!

Bring the noise.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

If you want Child of Light, buy it. People not buying games because of annoyance that games don't come out, get delayed etc... are missing the point. If you stop buying their games, they will stop making their games for the console you own. You need to show support by purchasing their games, all you do when refusing to buy a game based on the company that made it is proving their point.

Also: Child of Light looks great!

I am buying it. Just not sure I can on launch day as it's the end of the month and won;t be paid for another week and I have this tick about wanting to buy day one on any game I plan to buy.  Battle system looks like Grandia which to me is one of the best battle systems ever.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Cancelled my WiiU DeadSec preorder & pre-ordered it for my PS4.

I thought you did that 2 years ago.

Why would a delay make you cancel pre-orders? People deciding that they will not buy a game because of a delay or because of "ethical" reasons are feeding the company's distrust. If you don't buy their games, they won't make more. The smartest move is to show support, I mean, a delay is a delay, if it means we get a better game as a result do a few months really matter?

This is why I still plan on buying the game for my Wii U, also because it looks interesting.

You think we're getting a better game.
We're getting a game they can claim as a separate SKU to delay DLC until the desire for it is exactly 0.
They want excuses not to invest in the platform.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Though this is disappointing, i dont care that much because I'll be getting this on the pc, i got the wii u for first parties, not third parties (ya i know, poeple like me help support bad sales for their games on wii u)

wa3Nq7j.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!