Photo

DKC: Tropical Freeze only sells through 35% of its initial shipment in Japan.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Indeed, you spotted the point I was making!
It's (usually) an RPG with beautiful, clever, and funny story.

south park game should cover any paper mario needs though.

also we wont really know if nintendo gets smarter with what games they make till sometime in 2015, 2014E3 at the earliest, but with nintendo, proubly not.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Do nintendo really believe DK is a system seller? Like I've said a million times I don't believe it is a system seller on it's own but when you put it together with other games it is. Someone considering a Wii U when Smash Bros. comes out will be attracted to the number of great games already available.

I agree with TheDoctor13, Nintendo make amazing platformers and I dont want them to stop.

Also why are people saying RIP DK? It's only been one week and this is only japan!

1st week sales of dkcr in japan were around 130k.

Also.

Called it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

1st week sales of dkcr in japan were around 130k.

Also.

Called it.

The Wii had an install base of almost 12 million in Japan when DKCR was released. Wii U has less than 2 million.

Quite a substantial difference there.

Edited by Hunter, 22 February 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#24 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

This is further evidence of Nintendo's declining popularity.

No doubt releasing the game around the time the PS4 launched in Japan probably hasn't helped matters, but this is yet another AAA Nintendo franchise that isn't pulling in the gamers.

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

The Wii had an install base of almost 12 million in Japan when DKCR was released. Wii U has less than 2 million.

Quite a substantial difference there.

Its called attach rates guy. Attach rates show you demand SEPERATE from install base, to avoid falling into pitfalls from foolish simple minded dismissals like the one you just made.

Attach rates show a ratio, or what percentage, or what parts of a whole (the install base) bought a product (donkey kong).

Nintendo, used data from dkcr ATTACH RATE from its japanese launch, and then SCALED the number to the current install base of the wii u,

(dkcr attach rate\wii install base)wii u install base

to determine the SIZE OF THE SHIPMENT they should use for dktf in japan. The game then only sold 35% of that shipment. dkctf only has about 1/3rd the attach rate of dkcr, which is kinda funny. See, the larger your install base, the more diverse it is, and the harder and harder it becomes to get high attach rates... The smaller your install base, the EASIER it is to get high attach rates.

So, for the same game, to have a much, MUCH lower attach rate on a different system, shows that that audience DOESNT WANT THAT KIND OF GAME. In fact, japans attach rates have been getting lower and lower WITH EACH CONSECUTIVE PLATFORMER RELEASED. Probably because they have reached their saturation point and are tired of nintendo shoving platformers down their throats.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

south park game should cover any paper mario needs though.

also we wont really know if nintendo gets smarter with what games they make till sometime in 2015, 2014E3 at the earliest, but with nintendo, proubly not.

Eh?
They confirmed like 3 years ago that wasn't coming to Wii U.
And Nintendo don't have control over that game, so I don't see how they could use a different genre which that game is to help pad-out their selection of non-platformer titles.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Its called attach rates guy. Attach rates show you demand SEPERATE from install base, to avoid falling into pitfalls from foolish simple minded dismissals like the one you just made.

Attach rates show a ratio, or what percentage, or what parts of a whole (the install base) bought a product (donkey kong).

Nintendo, used data from dkcr ATTACH RATE from its japanese launch, and then SCALED the number to the current install base of the wii u,

(dkcr attach rate\wii install base)wii u install base

to determine the SIZE OF THE SHIPMENT they should use for dktf in japan. The game then only sold 35% of that shipment. dkctf only has about 1/3rd the attach rate of dkcr, which is kinda funny. See, the larger your install base, the more diverse it is, and the harder and harder it becomes to get high attach rates... The smaller your install base, the EASIER it is to get high attach rates.

So, for the same game, to have a much, MUCH lower attach rate on a different system, shows that that audience DOESNT WANT THAT KIND OF GAME. In fact, japans attach rates have been getting lower and lower WITH EACH CONSECUTIVE PLATFORMER RELEASED. Probably because they have reached their saturation point and are tired of nintendo shoving platformers down their throats.

Why do you always reply to people with a rude, self-righteous attitude? Even if you take out the clear attempts at insulting me, your whole response is aimed at making someone feel inferior to you just because they were wrong. Pretty pathetic to be honest, obviously some sort of superiority complex.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Why do you always reply to people with a rude, self-righteous attitude? Even if you take out the clear attempts at insulting me, your whole response is aimed at making someone feel inferior to you just because they were wrong. Pretty pathetic to be honest, obviously some sort of superiority complex.

Because I expect better.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Amen brother.

#30 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Amen brother.

Irony in a nut shell.

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'm going to BREAK YOUR LEGS. How dare you?!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Irony in a nut shell.

No that's just you because your posts are just factually wrong and unequivocally full of a case of the dumb. 3Ddude just talks that way to his own shadow and mom..just who he is,reminds me of a couple people I know. I think him being so brasive is funny at times and in my nerves another but still just who he is. You just spout nonsense and everyone shoots on it.

Edited by Ryudo, 22 February 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#33 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

No that's just you because your posts are just factually wrong and unequivocally full of a case of the dumb. 3Ddude just talks that way to his own shadow and mom..just who he is. You just spout nonsense and everyone shoots on it.

I haven't stated any facts in any of my posts, just my honest opinion, so maybe you can explain to me just how an opinion can be factually wrong and also what have I spouted nonsense about? I've said that gamers don't want the Wii U and they don't hence why the console has struggled for the past year.

For a console in one fiscal year to sell only 2.8 million units or thereabouts is absolutely dire and shows just what a poor position the Wii U is in.

Give it a few more weeks and the PS4 will breeze past the Wii U in Worldwide sales, give it a few months and the Xbox One will be there or thereabouts.

The fact is gamers just don't want the Wii U presently and the Wii U is clearly in trouble, it's upto Mario Kart 8 to try and boost sales and start turning around the Wii U's fortunes around for the better. You may not like this, but as I've said read around the Internet and you'll see that gamers don't want what Nintendo is offering with the Wii U.

The casuals don't seem to want the Wii U either.

#34 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Non of these games are trying to, everyone can see that. Games that are trying are MK8, SSB, Bayo2 and X (and Zelda U technically). These triple A games are just appetizers, they haven't pulled out the big guns yet.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#35 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Eh?
They confirmed like 3 years ago that wasn't coming to Wii U.
And Nintendo don't have control over that game, so I don't see how they could use a different genre which that game is to help pad-out their selection of non-platformer titles.

PC version, and i was talking about the gameplay/mechanics/style seems to be alot like paper mario

my guess is he got pissed with stupid people so started assuming most other people are stupid and this acts in a way to demote 'stupid' people regardless of the situation/person.

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Non of these games are trying to, everyone can see that. Games that are trying are MK8, SSB, Bayo2 and X (and Zelda U technically). These triple A games are just appetizers, they haven't pulled out the big guns yet.

Questions need to be asked as to why none of these games were launch games.

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Questions need to be asked as to why none of these games were launch games.

We already know Nintendo has been struggling with HD development. 

#38 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

We already know Nintendo has been struggling with HD development. 

That just goes to show how out of touch Nintendo is then isn't it?

#39 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

I just bought Country Returns for 3DS so I don't really see a need to get this. My hunger for platform games has been filled long ago.

#40 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

I just bought Country Returns for 3DS so I don't really see a need to get this. My hunger for platform games has been filled long ago.

That all Nintendo seems to do lately, platformers and rehashes of old games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!