• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hello Members of The Wii U Forum, Nintendo fans and haters alike! Here we will discuss the LIVE AND CRAZY event known as Electronic Entertainment Expo, otherwise known as E3!!!!

So, with that introduction, I want to start off by saying what has me thinking about E3 is IGN had a podcast recently discussing what Nintendo will do, and should do, and they had a healthy debate. All arguments we have heard here, time and time again. Some we might repeat RIGHT HERE, in our wild debate!

My personal belief is Nintendo, the day of Mario Kart 8 launch - after the pre orders and first day buyers have bought MK8 - Nintendo should have a E3 Kick Off! And call it exactly that. This should be hosted by Reggie, and it wouldn't hurt to have some hired help. Jimmy Fallon from The Tonight Show maybe? This way, the Direct is not boring - come on Iwata, admit it you are BORING. Here you should TEASE what's coming at E3. Like the Amuse Busche for E3. Not enough to FILL YOU up, but enough to make you want MORE.

Then, at the end - make some crazy freaking announcement. That yours BUYING ROCKDTAR GAMES. Or ... Sega is now second party! Or, holy snuck just surprise js WITH SOMETHING. Your secretive. "leak false" things that way if the real thing gets out, WE DONT KNOW IT until BAM BAM SPANK YOU MAM you announce it.

After the Kick Off, start advertising your E3 Conference. Seriously. On Spike TV, where they actually show E3 (YES I WATCH IT), show glimpse of something awesome. Be cool if you had like four different ads and if you put then together, it shows something. Seamus helmet? A pistol? Maybe something a little extra - haha. But you get the picture. Make people who don't generally watch your show WANT TOO.

Then at E3, start out with a symphony playing some classic video game music. Then have Morimoto (sp?) come up and SHOW HIS NEW D*** IP! Let it be awesome! Then, have a show reel of THIRD TRACKING PARTY developers making YOUR games. Star Fox! Platinum Games! Metroid! Made by Konami. FZero! Made by Slightly Mad Studios (Project Cars). Golden Sun by Square Enix.

Maybe even show trailers for any game ready to be shown. Then show your games. New Zelda? Cha Ching! New Retro Studios game? Cha Ching!

Then that's a wrap!!!!

What do you think?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

It's not for 5 months..should this topic not be made..I dunno a couple weeks before. Or should we break out the E3 2016 topic out now?

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

It's not for 5 months..should this topic not be made..I dunno a couple weeks before. Or should we break out the E3 2016 topic out now?

Three months. June 10 it starts. And yes, this should be a topic!

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

It's in the vain hope that Nintendo is listening. Two weeks is not long enough for them to implement any suggestions. That being said, I expect them to ensure that all of their heavy hitters are launched (or at least have a release date), start actually paying for TV advertising, and offer more bundles of the better games. Maybe even talk about a Wii U Pro package that includes a built in hdd and a bigger gamepad battery.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Three months. June 10 it starts. And yes, this should be a topic!

You sound so excited. Come on man, don't make me excited too. It's so far away! You'll make the time go slower.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

Zelda U has been confirmed so let see what they do. 

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

It's in the vain hope that Nintendo is listening. Two weeks is not long enough for them to implement any suggestions. That being said, I expect them to ensure that all of their heavy hitters are launched (or at least have a release date), start actually paying for TV advertising, and offer more bundles of the better games. Maybe even talk about a Wii U Pro package that includes a built in hdd and a bigger gamepad battery.

You got it! It's all about hopes that Nintendo heard our battle cry! Maybe talking here will spur E3 conversation on other sites, and other blogs and hell maybe even on YouTube! How can Nintendo do what we want if we never let them know what that is?

Id like a new Wii U Pro bundle with a larger storage amount. That be a good idea!

#8 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:42 AM

It woud nice if Nintendo turn up to this event and make a bit of an effort to turn the fortunes of the Wii U around.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:38 AM

Never to early for E3 Talk, that always starts as soon as the previous E3 ends.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

Never to early for E3 Talk, that always starts as soon as the previous E3 ends.

Famous quote right here. ^_~

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

I think that...bear with me here.

Games will be shown off, people will get disappointed no matter what's shown because _____ wasn't revealed, and people will complain no matter what's shown.

Isn't that what happens every E3 anyway?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

I always find Nintendo E3 exciting, and I feel like they save the majority of their announcements for E3 every year. All the same, I'm gonna wait a while before I jump in the hype train. Don't want to blow all my hype so early in the game (it's all about strategy yo).

Btw Morbid, your spelling in initial post was bad. I usually wouldn't say anything thing but it was borderline painful to read :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

INB4  MELTDOWNS. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

just hope nintendo is smart enough to have a confrence, at minimum have their e3 direct aired by shows airing e3

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

I had no issues with last years E3 Direct. i'd rather not watch an over exaggerated stage conference with mud slinging and theatrics. just bring the GAMES DIRECTLY to Mii! 

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

For Wii U:

New Mario Game

Zelda Hyrule 

Zelda U

Yoshi

Kirby

surprise exclusives

Bayo 1 HD port included with Bayo 2 yada yada.

X finally named...

Metroid.

tumblr_mn8f6xtozC1r98fdvo1_500.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 26 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

For Wii U:

New Mario Game
Zelda Hyrule
Zelda U
Yoshi
Kirby
surprise exclusives
Bayo 1 HD port included with Bayo 2 yada yada.
X finally named...
Metroid.

tumblr_mn8f6xtozC1r98fdvo1_500.jpg

Do you think a new Mario game so close to Mario 3D World is something they would do?

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Do you think a new Mario game so close to Mario 3D World is something they would do?

Yes.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

Well an anoucement at E3 with an release around september october wouldn't be that weird. It would allmost a year since 3D World. Besides that Mario is kinda an yearly entry.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

I think they will hint at something with a teaser, maybe some quick concepts. I wouldn't see it releasing this year unless it was a Paper Mario, Mario Golf or something of that nature. If it's the next galaxy they could tease and plan on a release in 2015.

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!