Photo

Is it easier to hit 1080p on the Wii U than the XBone?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

High bandwidth in graphics cards is important for 1080p and beyond. It seems Wii U edram is easier to get much higher bandwidth than the Xbone's esram.

PS4 just relies on it's gddr5, and of course, it's superior GPU.

does this means that the wii u is next gen or not

#22 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

I don't know why people like Toilet_Snaker give their "expert input" on stuff they know very little about.

does this means that the wii u is next gen or not

Next gen just means the next console in the line, nothing less, nothing more.

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

I don't know why people like Toilet_Snaker give their "expert input" on stuff they know very little about.

Next gen just means the next console in the line, nothing less, nothing more.

you know what he means. I just dont think developers give a crap about Wii U they dont feel the need to push it and try to make the best game.

#24 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

I don't know why Sailtheseas shares his pointless opinions on everything he knows nothing about.

#25 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

you know what he means. I just dont think developers give a crap about Wii U they dont feel the need to push it and try to make the best game.

That's because the install base is small and the demand for third party games just isn't there. If there was money to be made on the Wii U platform, then developers would be putting their games onto the system but there isn't, so they aren't bothering.

It has been proven time and time again that the Wii U is a capable little system, but let's face facts here it's not as powerful as its competitors. Toilet Snaker saying that the Wii U is more powerful than the Xbox One is simply not true and all three systems have their limitations, even the PS4 which seems to have problems running certain games at 60 fps.

Neither of the three consoles are particularly fantastic in hindsight, but what I like about the Wii U that it doesn't try and be a PC like the other two, it looks and feels like a games console should do. My only gripes are Nintendo's incompetence surrounding the system, the unlocked potential of the Gamepad and the fact that my Wii U has turned into a dust collector over the last five months.

Once Mario Kart 8 comes out my Wii U will be getting some serious game time.

With their next console, Nintendo need to be open and transparent about what's inside their systems and what their system is capable of producing. There's so many misinformed opinions about the Wii U's architecture that nobody knows really what's inside the Wii U and what it's capable of with the exception of Nintendo and third party studios which have spent many months with the system.

The fact that Project C.A.R.S is being released on the Wii U should automatically dismiss any notion that the Wii U is on par with the consoles of the previous generation.

You only have to look at the graphics produced in Bayonetta 2 to know that the Wii U towers over the Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of what it can produce and it sure as hell is capable of holding its own with the x86 twins.

I don't know why Sailtheseas shares his pointless opinions on everything he knows nothing about.

Because it's a forum and people come together to post opinions. You in your previous post posted absolute waffle about hardware which saw you corrected by someone who clearly knows what they're talking about. I know very little about hardware other than the basics and so I don't try and pass off indepth analogies like you do.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 24 April 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Sorceror12, on 28 Feb 2014 - 7:23 PM, said:
So... is this old info wrong then? I never really heard one way or the other.

Wii U Operating System features
The Wii U OS is radically different in its architecture from other console software, doe to the way it’s constructed and how it runs.

• The operating system runs on a separate, smaller CPU called “IO processor”
  • Because of this, the Wii U Operating System does not take up resources from the main IBM CPU, of which 100% can be dedicated to the games software.
  • When a game is running, the OS is off and does not require any system memory. This means that games software can utilize 100% of the RAM, unlike other consoles which usually reserve 5-10% of the RAM for the OS at all times.

I never saw this. Sorry Sorcerer...

I/O processors dont handle operating systems. Their job is to reduce communication bottle necks. The wii u os runs on the espresso kernel.... Which also takes care of #2

The os is likely cached and archived when a game is running, except for the home screen and fast apps. Miiverse is handled completely serverside, which means you basically have to 'download' most everything you see everytime you open the app. And it is a known fact confirmed by nintendo themselves that one entire Gb of the wii u's Ram is reserved for the os.

So yeah, thats all misinformation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

What I want to know is why Nintendo thought it would be enough to go with 1GB of RAM for games?

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

What I want to know is why Nintendo thought it would be enough to go with 1GB of RAM for games?

Probably due to the fact the situation with the 360/PS3 was even more cramped memory-wise. Compared to them, anything is an upgrade.

#29 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

I would much rather a game be fun and run in 720p than a game have awesome gfx 1080p and the game play be rainbow.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!