• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Eh, not too much of a loss. If it even came to Wii U it'd probably be like Origins with missing stuff and DLC. Although I am glad to an extent, seriously pre order DLC got announced right alongside the game. I know that's an "industry standard" at this point but it just makes me cringe.

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

at this point i think we should be bothered every time we lose a series

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

NOOOOO

What happened to my TMNT game Rocksteady?!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

In this Nintendolife article they state that "[...] PS3 or 360 [...] given that Nintendo's console is a closer match in terms of technological power to those systems than it is to recently-released "next gen" platforms." Is that really true?

No it isn't.

I'm glad.
Better to not have to buy a piss-poor version that they'll drop support for day 1 with 9001 bugs, and promise DLC for only to withdraw.

Maybe if you kids buy Arkham Blackgate for the Wii U they'll reconsider.

They can go Wii themselves.

does anyone actually have proof arkham origins sold badly on wii u? and i seem to remember hearing that arkham city sold well enough that they didn't lose money. considering injustice was nerfed for no reason i think it's possible wb are just being douches.

WB don't post those details.
They're a massive company and like to hide details under layers and layers of red tape and mother companies.

http://en.wikipedia....rkham#Reception
The reviews show the Wii U versions of the two Arkham games they released were piss-poor.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia....rkham#Reception
The reviews show the Wii U versions of the two Arkham games they released were piss-poor.

I have played both the PS3 and WiiU versions of City and there's basically no difference, so 96% vs. 85% should be just due to the time of release.

#26 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

I sent Rocksteady a message of facebook asking if it was coming to Wii U and they said,

"Hi I was just wondering if Batman Arkham Knight is coming to Wii U?

•  
    1086784_542323339176241_1202340180_q.jpg
    -PAXP-deijE.gifRocksteady Studios

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the message. Batman: Arkham Knight is coming exclusively to PS4, Xbox One and PC."

Edited by Jeremygts, 04 March 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#27 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

^ Bad news for Wii U.

The last thing Nintendo needed was losing another franchise.

#28 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yeah it really isnt looking good. This kind of pissed me off, i want to support third parties on Nintendo platforms, i always have but when they pull this it makes me not want to buy it at all. Sure I could buy this and play it on PC but no thanks now. I would of rather of played it on Wii u to show my support but oh well now..

I guess ill still buy Blackgate when it comes out on Eshop.

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

still that sounds like they could have at least made a little right? so the only reason they nave to drop wii u is because they think we're not worth the time then.

I think the main issue is that the Wii U could run the engine, but require work they aren't willing to pay for. But I'm sure we'll get some sort of answer anyway.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

Seeing is this is a leak from an Retailer I'm weary and hopefull

Its not just a leak from a retailer. Game Informer has a reveal and it looks like its only coming to PS4/Xbox One/PC.

does anyone actually have proof arkham origins sold badly on wii u? and i seem to remember hearing that arkham city sold well enough that they didn't lose money. considering injustice was nerfed for no reason i think it's possible wb are just being douches.

I very much doubt the lay offs just announced by Warner Bros. Montreal is entirely coincidental. The fact that this new game has been assigned to Rocksteady instead is a good indication along with the lay offs of a lack of success with Origins.

#31 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I think the main issue is that the Wii U could run the engine, but require work they aren't willing to pay for. But I'm sure we'll get some sort of answer anyway.

Depends. If it's running unreal even 4 Wii U can handle it fine. PS4 had issues with Unreal and so Origins was left off at least so I'm told so don't quote me on it. Might be more custom this time for the 3 systems it's on. If it's flat out using just UE3-4 then it's not a technical one but a sales and/or screw WiiU attitude.

Edited by The King of All Cosmos, 05 March 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

According to VGChartz, Arkham Origins sold around 150K copies on Wii U while it sold 1.56 million for PS3, 1.33 million on Xbox 360. That's not even 10%...not even sure there was a huge amount of profit on that end.

Are you saying it's not a huge amount of profit on the Wii U Versions end, or all 3 consoles? To be honest, 150K is very comparable to the numbers released on PS3 and X360. When comparing the percentages against total install base. Looking at just percentages of this game across each install base, nothing hits over 2 or 3% .  

So for example: 150K copies for Wii U version in a 5 mil install base is 3 percent. 3 percent of Wii U owners purchased the game. 1.56 mil copies for PS3 in a 80 mil install base is 2 percent if you round up. Similar numbers for 360.

A good marketing guy could take numbers like this and say the selling rate of the Wii U version was better than that of any other console version.  :laugh:

Just thought I would put it into a different context. To be honest some of these ports didn't do as bad as the dev/publishers or others say, it's just the fact that you're comparing a small puddle to a vast overflowing river.

Edited by Sorceror12, 04 March 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Are you saying it's not a huge amount of profit on the Wii U Versions end, or all 3 consoles? 

On the Wii U, it's probably not a huge amount of profit, although it may have been profitable...if only slightly.

As for all 3 consoles, it probably missed sales expectations entirely after the success of Asylum/City.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#34 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

On the Wii U, it's probably not a huge amount of profit, although it may have been profitable...if only slightly.

As for all 3 consoles, it probably missed sales expectations entirely after the success of Asylum/City.

Ok that's what I thought you meant but wanted to make sure. Thanks... and yeah you are probably right regarding missing sales expectations.

I sent Rocksteady a message of facebook asking if it was coming to Wii U and they said,

"Hi I was just wondering if Batman Arkham Knight is coming to Wii U?

•  
    1086784_542323339176241_1202340180_q.jpg
    -PAXP-deijE.gifRocksteady Studios

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the message. Batman: Arkham Knight is coming exclusively to PS4, Xbox One and PC."

Exclusively to the PS4, XOne, and PC..... not really exclusively lol.. I think that term is used wrong by Rocksteady. Kind of annoyed by that to be honest. It would of been easier to say NO in reply to the person but I digress.

Edited by Sorceror12, 04 March 2014 - 07:42 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#35 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Are you saying it's not a huge amount of profit on the Wii U Versions end, or all 3 consoles? To be honest, 150K is very comparable to the numbers released on PS3 and X360. When comparing the percentages against total install base. Looking at just percentages of this game across each install base, nothing hits over 2 or 3% .

So for example: 150K copies for Wii U version in a 5 mil install base is 3 percent. 3 percent of Wii U owners purchased the game. 1.56 mil copies for PS3 in a 80 mil install base is 2 percent if you round up. Similar numbers for 360.

A good marketing guy could take numbers like this and say the selling rate of the Wii U version was better than that of any other console version. :laugh:

Just thought I would put it into a different context. To be honest some of these ports didn't do as bad as the dev/publishers or others say, it's just the fact that you're comparing a small puddle to a vast overflowing river.

Not to mention the 150k is because the game had already been out forever on other consoles.

Any business case made against the wii u because of that is ridiculous.

Can't stand these companies and the complete lack of common sense.

No doubt the game would sell well on them wii u -! So long as it's a NEW game and not freaking gimped.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 March 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Depends. If it's running unreal even 4 Wii U can handle it fine. PS4 had issues with Unreal and so Origins was left off at least so I'm told so don't quote me on it. Might be more custom this time for the 3 systems it's on. If it's flat out using just UE3-4 then it's not a technical one but a sales and/or fuk WiiU attitude.

Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4, but they would have to do the work. Epic doesn't support Wii U with Unreal Engine 4. They say Unreal 3 is a better fit for the Wii U.

#37 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4, but they would have to do the work. Epic doesn't support Wii U with Unreal Engine 4. They say Unreal 3 is a better fit for the Wii U.

I believe Nintendo has learned their lesson. If you are Nintendo you cant give these 3rd party not ONE excuse not to bring their game to your console. Having hardware that is underpowered in many ways just doesnt help.

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Epic also backtracked that statement.

http://www.engadget....rview-gdc-2013/

Wii U can run it. Would have to scale back if they wanted it on 360 or Mobile.  Some AAA devs don't even know what Wii U can run so they don;t even try. Nomura of Square said anything that can run Direct X 11 would have Final Fantasy XV. Guess he forgot Wii U can..or didn't care to look

http://www.cinemable...hics-47126.html

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Epic also backtracked that statement.
http://www.engadget....rview-gdc-2013/
Wii U can run it. Would have to scale back if they wanted it on 360 or Mobile. Some AAA devs don't even know what Wii U can run so they don;t even try. Nomura of Square said anything that can run Direct X 11 would have Final Fantasy XV. Guess he forgot Wii U can..or didn't care to look
http://www.cinemable...hics-47126.html

I know what he said, but he DID say that Epic doesn't support Wii U with Unreal engine 4. That the developer would have to do the work. Yes, IT CAN RUN Unreal Engine 4. But EPIC DOESN'T do the porting. The CLIENT DEVELOPER does.

This means WB has to spend the time to get use to the Wii U - Rocksteady hasn't even touched the system - and port the engine to the system.

Plus, again as others stated, it's nit like they see a huge return for this game.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

And I'm sure that answer will be some made up crap

Not to mention the 150k is because the game had already been out forever on other consoles.

Any business case made against the wii u because of that is ridiculous.

Can't stand these companies and the complete lack of common sense.

No doubt the game would sell well on them wii u -! So long as it's a NEW game and not freaking gimped.

I feel like these companies have common sense, but they just have a grudge against nintendo and it's fans. Honestly, their higher ups make the same excuses as 13 year-old, uneducated fanboys which is absolutely ridiculous. everyone was talking about how it's unprofessional to call these companies out on their crap a couple of weeks ago on a different thread. But that's not unprofessional. Unprofessional is spreading lies about a company that has done you no wrong, because you were too bucking lazy to get one of your thousands of employees to do a fact check.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!