Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

There's actually a trailer and everything.

Still no Wii U version however.

Features include: A bigger Gotham, a Batmobile you can drive, and more I can't remember.

Its not just a leak from a retailer. Game Informer has a reveal and it looks like its only coming to PS4/Xbox One/PC.

I wrote that as a reaction on the article, which stated UK retailer GAME revealed/leaked. At that point nothing officialy had been announced. The fact that a couple of hours later the trailer is released isn't something I have a say in.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#42 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

Not to mention the 150k is because the game had already been out forever on other consoles.

That isn't the case at all. The Wii U version released at the exact same time as the PS360/PC counterparts.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#43 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Not nice for peeps still on PS360 but tbh I'm glad games are already being made for current gen only.
The oldies will only hold games back. Shame no WiiU version but lets be real,sadly WiiU is dead.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#44 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

If it's not Mario or Zelda, Nintendo gamers won't buy it and so there is no money to be made on the Wii U and that's one major reasons why third party developers want nothing to do with Nintendo.

Not nice for peeps still on PS360 but tbh I'm glad games are already being made for current gen only.
The oldies will only hold games back. Shame no WiiU version but lets be real,sadly WiiU is dead.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Nintendo first party games will really drive up the install base? I'm predicting that the Wii U will sell less than the Gamecube.

#45 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

^ Trolling at this point

#46 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

If that's how you feel you can also pop me back on 'ignore' can't you? I'm giving my honest opinion. There's no trolling here.

#47 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Well I have supported WiiU since launch and we have two in the household but the amount of games like this one that are skipping the console just kills what a great bit of kit WiiU is.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#48 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Well I have supported WiiU since launch and we have two in the household but the amount of games like this one that are skipping the console just kills what a great bit of kit WiiU is.

Gamers should buy the crap that 3rd partys send out at this point. That way we might get a 3rd party game besides the annual Rayman Rabbids/COD/Sonic game 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#49 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Exclusively to the PS4, XOne, and PC..... not really exclusively lol.. I think that term is used wrong by Rocksteady. Kind of annoyed by that to be honest. It would of been easier to say NO in reply to the person but I digress.

Exactly... kind of like saying "if you have a Wii U, you're screwed"... a simple no was enough. Stupid Rocksteady...

#50 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I don't think they've used the term wrong, you're just thinking of it wrong.

What they mean is that they will exclusively develop this title for the PS4, X1 and PC. They have no intention of putting it onto any other platform. If WB so wishes they could get another team to port it to Wii U, it's just not going to be rocksteady just like the last two titles. After all, this was a tweet from rocksteady, not WB Games. A developer has their initial choices, a publisher has their money grubbing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#51 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

That isn't the case at all. The Wii U version released at the exact same time as the PS360/PC counterparts.

Are we talking City or Origins. 

Perhaps I misread?

City was released after there was no more demand. it was played out.

Origins was subpar with elements removed.

Of course no one wanted that, when they likely had another console to play the better version on.

These companies have no common sense.

they give Wii U owners a reason to not buy the game on that platform and then whine about it, then don't actually put forth a proper effort the next time - in fact, they quit... when it was them that ruined their own sales on that platform.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 05 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#52 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Are we talking City or Origins. 

Perhaps I misread?

I was talking Origins when I said 150K, so yeah, you misread. 

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#53 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

I was talking Origins when I said 150K, so yeah, you misread.

Oops.

Yet my end point still stands since they gimped origins.

And I'm sure that answer will be some made up crap

I feel like these companies have common sense, but they just have a grudge against nintendo and it's fans. Honestly, their higher ups make the same excuses as 13 year-old, uneducated fanboys which is absolutely ridiculous. everyone was talking about how it's unprofessional to call these companies out on their crap a couple of weeks ago on a different thread. But that's not unprofessional. Unprofessional is spreading lies about a company that has done you no wrong, because you were too bucking lazy to get one of your thousands of employees to do a fact check.

Good post.

#54 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

If it's not Mario or Zelda, Nintendo gamers won't buy it and so there is no money to be made on the Wii U and that's one major reasons why third party developers want nothing to do with Nintendo.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Nintendo first party games will really drive up the install base? I'm predicting that the Wii U will sell less than the Gamecube.

The first part I've been saying for a long time. It's why making a more powerful console wouldn't help Nintendo. Third party developers know their games don't sell on Nintendo platforms, not since N64 at least. The second part I disagree with. Completely.

Exactly... kind of like saying "if you have a Wii U, you're screwed"... a simple no was enough. Stupid Rocksteady...

It's exclusive to next Gen. They didn't use those words because it's not on the Wii U. But that's what they were trying to say.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#55 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

The first part I've been saying for a long time. It's why making a more powerful console wouldn't help Nintendo. Third party developers know their games don't sell on Nintendo platforms, not since N64 at least. The second part I disagree with. Completely.

I disagree. Third party games do sell on Nintendo systems, but crap doesn't. And by now, the reputation of third parties have left people suspicious whenever there actually is a third party game that comes out. It's not the gamers' fault that third parties ruined their image to the Nintendo fanbase. People say that Nintendo needs to fix their third party relations, and while in some cases that's quite true, those same third parties need to fix their relations with Nintendo gamers.

Everytime I hear about a third party game actually coming to the Wii U all I can think about is how are they going to screw this one up. It usually comes down to a few ways. The first is that it's a multiplat but there is content taken out or withheld for some strange reason. Is it the consumers' fault the game is like that? Of course not. Is it Nintendo's? No. And yet the developer/publisher expects that game to sell. Nintendo gamers aren't stupid. If they want that game, they're going to get the best version. Despite what most people think, people who do like Nintendo, and want to see third parties thrive on Nintendo systems, are not willing to buy an inferior version of a game. They want to see all versions treated equally.

Another way they often screw this up is by ensuring the Nintendo version runs like crap and/or releasing it after the others. Why should Nintendo fans have to wait? These publishers have no problem with simultaneous releases between the Xbox and Playstation, so why do we get left out in the cold? Once again, people who like Nintendo aren't going to put up with crap, and if they want the game they're going to pick it up on the system that gets it first. Once again, we want to see all versions treated equally.

But enough about multiplats, let's talk about those extremely rare Nintendo 'exclusive' third party titles. These come in two different variety of screw ups. The first is that the game is 'exclusive' only to be almost immediately ported to another system with more content, making that the better version. This usually happens in less than a year. Think about that, less than ONE year. That means at best, that game may get to spend 3-4 months of selling well before everyone learns that they should stay away from the Nintendo version in anticipation for the better deal. The other way it screws up is simply the devs releases a crappy game that at best is a bargain bin item and at worst is insulting to the fanbase. Oh, you're interested in 'X' franchise? Well then here, take an extremely old and cheaply thrown together port, or let's take a franchise and put it on a Nintendo console, but with a completely different genre.

Just to show I'm not pulling Rhetoric out of my ass, here are some real world examples:

-Games with content cut-

-Wii U Call of Duty titles (no dlc)

-Batman Arkham Origins (no online mode)

-Sniper Elite V2 (online, co-op and even more cut)

-I'm pretty sure the AC games had something cut but I'm not sure.

-A later release date-

-Watch Dogs is the most recent example I can think of. (Not only that, we now know that the main team isn't even working on the Wii U version. It's been outsourced to some b-rate developer. Obviously they're only meant to make the game run on the system)

-Exclusives that another system gets a better version-

-Resident Evil 4. The original was released in January of 2005. The PS2 version was announced either in that spring or summer and released in October of the same year. It was known from the beginning that this version had more content.

-Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Exact same situation. Updated PS3/360 versions were released in less than a year of the Wii U version. Not only that, the majority of fans were expecting and waiting for it.

-Metal Gear Solid 3D. This was a straight port with practically nothing added to it at full price while an HD collection was coming out around the same time.

-Mass Effect 3. Once again, collection releasing right after it.

-Complete half-assed efforts-

Resident Evil Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. While the HD twins get full games, the Wii got on-rail shooters. (I personally like these games but, they could have simply remade the older games in their entirety ala RE1 and given us something truly awesome.)

-Dead Space (Wii) Once again, an on rails shooter. EA could have just made a non-HD Dead Space. Nope! Not cheap enough!

-Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World. Hey, remember that Tales game everyone loved on the Gamecube? Well let's make a sequel, but let's go really low brow and instead of making a cast of loveable characters, let's just use the enemy models like pokemon for the party. Story? Meh, just whatever.

-Zombi U. I put this on the list with restraint because at times it does look like the game had 'some' effort put in to it. But let's be honest, if this was a game for the Xbox/Playstation it would have had a MUCH higher level of polish. Oh, and an online mode.

So yeah, maybe you're right. Third parties don't sell on Nintendo consoles, but the problem doesn't lie with the gamers. Ironically when third parties actually do put forth an effort, or at the very least treat a multiplat equally, the results are strikingly different. Soul Calibur 2 sold best on the Gamecube, Tales of Symphonia was one of the most well received Tales games in the west, Monster Hunter Tri was the most well received MH game at the time (in fact the series as a whole has done better in the west on Nintendo systems), Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Atlus as a whole, and Bayonetta is getting FAR more publicity than it ever did before. Need I go on? 

pNgecl.gif

#56 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

I disagree. Third party games do sell on Nintendo systems, but crap doesn't. And by now, the reputation of third parties have left people suspicious whenever there actually is a third party game that comes out. It's not the gamers' fault that third parties ruined their image to the Nintendo fanbase. People say that Nintendo needs to fix their third party relations, and while in some cases that's quite true, those same third parties need to fix their relations with Nintendo gamers.

Everytime I hear about a third party game actually coming to the Wii U all I can think about is how are they going to screw this one up. It usually comes down to a few ways. The first is that it's a multiplat but there is content taken out or withheld for some strange reason. Is it the consumers' fault the game is like that? Of course not. Is it Nintendo's? No. And yet the developer/publisher expects that game to sell. Nintendo gamers aren't stupid. If they want that game, they're going to get the best version. Despite what most people think, people who do like Nintendo, and want to see third parties thrive on Nintendo systems, are not willing to buy an inferior version of a game. They want to see all versions treated equally.

Another way they often screw this up is by ensuring the Nintendo version runs like crap and/or releasing it after the others. Why should Nintendo fans have to wait? These publishers have no problem with simultaneous releases between the Xbox and Playstation, so why do we get left out in the cold? Once again, people who like Nintendo aren't going to put up with crap, and if they want the game they're going to pick it up on the system that gets it first. Once again, we want to see all versions treated equally.

But enough about multiplats, let's talk about those extremely rare Nintendo 'exclusive' third party titles. These come in two different variety of screw ups. The first is that the game is 'exclusive' only to be almost immediately ported to another system with more content, making that the better version. This usually happens in less than a year. Think about that, less than ONE year. That means at best, that game may get to spend 3-4 months of selling well before everyone learns that they should stay away from the Nintendo version in anticipation for the better deal. The other way it screws up is simply the devs releases a crappy game that at best is a bargain bin item and at worst is insulting to the fanbase. Oh, you're interested in 'X' franchise? Well then here, take an extremely old and cheaply thrown together port, or let's take a franchise and put it on a Nintendo console, but with a completely different genre.

Just to show I'm not pulling Rhetoric out of my ass, here are some real world examples:

-Games with content cut-
-Wii U Call of Duty titles (no dlc)
-Batman Arkham Origins (no online mode)
-Sniper Elite V2 (online, co-op and even more cut)
-I'm pretty sure the AC games had something cut but I'm not sure.

-A later release date-
-Watch Dogs is the most recent example I can think of. (Not only that, we now know that the main team isn't even working on the Wii U version. It's been outsourced to some b-rate developer. Obviously they're only meant to make the game run on the system)

-Exclusives that another system gets a better version-
-Resident Evil 4. The original was released in January of 2005. The PS2 version was announced either in that spring or summer and released in October of the same year. It was known from the beginning that this version had more content.
-Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Exact same situation. Updated PS3/360 versions were released in less than a year of the Wii U version. Not only that, the majority of fans were expecting and waiting for it.
-Metal Gear Solid 3D. This was a straight port with practically nothing added to it at full price while an HD collection was coming out around the same time.
-Mass Effect 3. Once again, collection releasing right after it.

-Complete half-assed efforts-
Resident Evil Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. While the HD twins get full games, the Wii got on-rail shooters. (I personally like these games but, they could have simply remade the older games in their entirety ala RE1 and given us something truly awesome.)
-Dead Space (Wii) Once again, an on rails shooter. EA could have just made a non-HD Dead Space. Nope! Not cheap enough!
-Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World. Hey, remember that Tales game everyone loved on the Gamecube? Well let's make a sequel, but let's go really low brow and instead of making a cast of loveable characters, let's just use the enemy models like pokemon for the party. Story? Meh, just whatever.
-Zombi U. I put this on the list with restraint because at times it does look like the game had 'some' effort put in to it. But let's be honest, if this was a game for the Xbox/Playstation it would have had a MUCH higher level of polish. Oh, and an online mode.

So yeah, maybe you're right. Third parties don't sell on Nintendo consoles, but the problem doesn't lie with the gamers. Ironically when third parties actually do put forth an effort, or at the very least treat a multiplat equally, the results are strikingly different. Soul Calibur 2 sold best on the Gamecube, Tales of Symphonia was one of the most well received Tales games in the west, Monster Hunter Tri was the most well received MH game at the time (in fact the series as a whole has done better in the west on Nintendo systems), Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Atlus as a whole, and Bayonetta is getting FAR more publicity than it ever did before. Need I go on?

You maybe right. But I'm talking all the way to the N64 days too. The GCN days. The Wii days. The Wii U days. It's gotten worse, sure. But its been a while since third party games have sold well on a Nintendo home console.

#57 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

You maybe right. But I'm talking all the way to the N64 days too. The GCN days. The Wii days. The Wii U days. It's gotten worse, sure. But its been a while since third party games have sold well on a Nintendo home console.

Read the last paragraph. It's not that they don't sell. There are a variety of factors. And sometimes at the end of the day the game was just bad. Don't blame the hardware or the consumers for things that are within the developers and publishers' control. I'd also point out that expectations need to be within check. You're not going to get the same sales numbers out of a system that has a far lower install base than others. People talk about how low the CoD sales on the Wii U are. Uh...no duh. You're comparing a system that has a few million sales to other systems that, at the time, had a combined install base of 160ish million. 

pNgecl.gif

#58 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Read the last paragraph. It's not that they don't sell. There are a variety of factors. And sometimes at the end of the day the game was just bad. Don't blame the hardware or the consumers for things that are within the developers and publishers' control. I'd also point out that expectations need to be within check. You're not going to get the same sales numbers out of a system that has a far lower install base than others. People talk about how low the CoD sales on the Wii U are. Uh...no duh. You're comparing a system that has a few million sales to other systems that, at the time, had a combined install base of 160ish million.

Okay, so I will come back later and gather all the lists I had. But basically - the top ten sales on Sony consoles are not Sony made games. On the SNES going all the way to now, Nintendo made more of the top ten games then third parties. Are you telling me Final Fantasy sucked? Mortal Kombat back on the SNES days? Yes, there are a lot of reasons for games not to sell better than Nintendo games. But third parties aren't going to think their games suck. They are looking at the numbers. And that's it.

#59 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Okay, so I will come back later and gather all the lists I had. But basically - the top ten sales on Sony consoles are not Sony made games. On the SNES going all the way to now, Nintendo made more of the top ten games then third parties. Are you telling me Final Fantasy sucked? Mortal Kombat back on the SNES days? Yes, there are a lot of reasons for games not to sell better than Nintendo games. But third parties aren't going to think their games suck. They are looking at the numbers. And that's it.

So just because they weren't the highest selling games, they didn't sell well at all? Well hell, I guess everything but CoD and Madden suck now. Oh wow, Nintendo made amazing games on their systems, it's almost like they had a significant investment in doing so. 

pNgecl.gif

#60 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

It's not like nintendo is sabotaging them, they just make the best games for their systems.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!