Photo

First review for New Yoshi's Island is in from Edge- 4/10 bombs.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yoshi's island is going to be awesome. Anyone who really complains about how it is a lot like a twenty year old game (excluding when graphic quality/resolution is being compared) has a problem. Nintendo games have never been about the story, but instead the gameplay and having fun. Otherwise you're like EA who rehashes the same games over and over again and uses a new story so that consumers don't notice and buy the same game over and over. It'd be like throwing out your monopoly board every year to get the latest licensed version (Like Metallica Monopoly, Adventure Time Monopoly, Cat Lover Monopoly, etc) They're all the same game but with a gimmicky theme that gets old after a while.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#22 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

its like two hours. 

7tnfS.png

I'd say the estimated 11 hour length isn't too bad. Seems around the length of the NSMB games.

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Okay so then what is the best source, wise guy?

Probably not a magazine that's known for low-balling Nintendo reviews and a site that's been known to spew forth a lot of BS for starters.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

"Enough" and "platformers" don't belong in the same sentence (unless "enough" is preceded by never)!!  :laugh:

I know you are making a joke, but I am being honest here. I feel spammed by platformers whenever I play a Nintendo system nowadays. I'm not asking for shooters, I'm not asking for RPG's and I'm not asking for puzzlers (but they would all be nice). I just think Nintendo is above and beyond relying purely on platformers, or at least make it look like they do. I'm not saying that I want them to begone from the Wii U, or in this case the 3DS for good, but they do have enough of that genre for the time being and I think they could focus efforts on other categories for the time being.

I'm being very real. Edge is known for giving mediocre/bad scores to good Nintendo games. 

I honestly don't care that much about Yoshi's New Island given that I didn't care for Yoshi's Island from the ambassador program, I just like to be objective when it comes to a magazine that's known to review Nintendo games poorly is being taken like it's fact.

At the point that you made this post, I don't think anyone did take it as fact, myself included. I'm pretty sure Zinix would've used the first person to release a review score for Yoshi's New Island. It could've been any reviewer really.

I also don't buy this low review score bias, seeing as they gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 10, which makes sense, but they gave Warioware D.I.Y an 8 and Sin and Punishment an 8 as well. The latter two, if the magazine was truly biased, don't make the slightest amount of sense to me. I just used these examples because they were the first to appear when I quickly googled for material.

Was never interested in the game and looked nothing special to me. That said Edge usually has a Bias anyway. Even the best Nintendo games they rate a 7. I think they have by default to rate most Nintendo games a 7 to be a sympathy score.

Nope, got nothing to say on your post. Just the Shion avatar makes me smile every time and I never remembered to let you know. Long Live Wonder Boy, mutha****ers!

Yoshi's island is going to be awesome. Anyone who really complains about how it is a lot like a twenty year old game (excluding when graphic quality/resolution is being compared) has a problem. Nintendo games have never been about the story, but instead the gameplay and having fun. Otherwise you're like EA who rehashes the same games over and over again and uses a new story so that consumers don't notice and buy the same game over and over. It'd be like throwing out your monopoly board every year to get the latest licensed version (Like Metallica Monopoly, Adventure Time Monopoly, Cat Lover Monopoly, etc) They're all the same game but with a gimmicky theme that gets old after a while.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't get successful rehashes from story. I think it is the complete opposite of that. I also don't think consumers blindly follow into buying rehashes from EA like most people tend to believe on this forum. I don't think any person blindly buys titles because of the name. People buy titles because they see something that interests them. A lot of people don't even research into titles like most internet users do. All it takes is a single hook to cling onto that will seal the deal, and sometimes that hook extends beyond the content and scope of the game. I bought Battlefield 3 because I had a lot of friends currently playing it, and so we did for a whole year. The fun wasn't in the gameplay, the story or the competitive nature to dominate or defeat one another. It came in the form of dick moves with jets and helicopters. I'm not defending EA for their practices, especially the massive amount of micro-transactions and pay-to-win. Paid DLC is nice when done right.

Probably not a magazine that's known for low-balling Nintendo reviews and a site that's been known to spew forth a lot of BS for starters.

I think he wanted something more concrete, like a name. I know he insinuated an insult ending on "Wise Guy", but I think it's a poor show to state the obvious as a retort. On that note, I'm unnecessarily aggressive today.

I blame Toukiden. At a part where you have to either solo a Frostwing or a take on four Oni in a specific pattern. I've been using only the Bow, much like MH3U, to this point. And unfortunately, Toukiden only has the spear I need, not the lance I deserve.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 13 March 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 guitarmaster1

guitarmaster1

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

IGN gave it 7.8 , that's about what I thought it would get

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

U Mirin' Brah?, on 12 Mar 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:
Unresponsive controls

Oh no! The Wii U Review Disease is catching!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!