#21 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

Personally I don't see it being done by Epic, but Nintendo really needs to get an exclusive mature franchise onto the Wii U. Retro Studios could do it, as that was what Nintendo originally intended for them to do before they made Metroid Prime. Infact Retro is apparently working on something for the Wii U now, so maybe... :o

Posted Image

#22 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

apparently nearly half the workers at retro studios has been layed off dosnt sound too good

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

apparently nearly half the workers at retro studios has been layed off dosnt sound too good

Funny, a Google search shows nothing like that. Nothing recent, anyway. :mellow:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#24 Important Man

Important Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Well, hopefully that is so. It would really be nice for older gamers, Nintendo s focus is primarily family and kids and not so much teens and adults like PS3 and 360. Also hope that they make the games longer. I guess we have to see. :)

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

yeah i played dark souls on 360 its cool but i suck at it lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 30 November 2011 - 01:30 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#26 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Funny, a Google search shows nothing like that. Nothing recent, anyway. :mellow:

sorry i meant to say silicon knights not retro looks like eternal darkness 2 could just be a pipe dream

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

sorry i meant to say silicon knights not retro looks like eternal darkness 2 could just be a pipe dream

Well, Retro Studios could do it. Nintendo does own the rights to Eternal Darkness...Silicon Knights was just the developer.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#28 Important Man

Important Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

I haven't played Eternal Darkness but it sure sounds like a great game that I could enjoy. I really look forward to the day we have core gaming on these Nintendo Systems. But I am sure our dreams will come true one day, if these forums got large enough I bet our voice would be heard and we can change the way gaming is. But you know I really love the way it is right now and wouldn't change it for the world. The Wii U is going to be so exciting I predict. I support this idea 100% guys. :)

#29 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

After Too Human and X-Men: Destiny, I'm afraid Silicon Knights may end up like Rare.

#30 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

why do you say that?

I meant that they recently teamed up with EPIC

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#31 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

I meant that they recently teamed up with EPIC

I do not think that is true, I haven't seen any info about. Except for that rumor about the bird demo was made by them but wasn't true.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#32 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

agreed i tried so hard to like too human

#33 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well I thought that it was true. Oh well I can make mistakes can't I sorry. But I really would think that they would eventually get with EPIC if I know Nintendo. It would sound like a next step with them. But I still wouldn't be suprized if they didn't.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#34 mrback

mrback

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

GTA V with some kind of WiiU exclusive content deal would get the mature audience right on board. Have rockstar done a nintendo game? Table Tennis?

#35 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

There are mature games on the Wii.

Scarface
The Godfather
Obsure
Resident Evil
Alone in the Dark
All Call of Duty games
Both Conduit
Dead Rising: Chop till you drop

There are more but I don't feel like stating all of them. I'm tired of the overuse of no mature games on the Wii. Yes a lot of them looked better on the other consoles but they are on the Wii. This misconception should just go away. Whether the mature games was to your liken is a moot point. They are on the system. There will be mature games on the Wii U. Every console has games in all categories. Back to the main topic. If Epic wants to make a game for the Wii U, then they will. If they don't, then you will not be playing their games on the Wii U.

Edited by Tre, 06 December 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

How that list does not have Madworld or No More Heroes, I will never know.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 Jack

Jack

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Fandom:
    Video games, I dont discriminate

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

Nintendo just needs more 3rd party support...period.Not just by EPIC but everyone and they dont necessarilly have to be exclusives.

Edited by Jack, 07 December 2011 - 01:33 AM.

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it

#38 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

There are mature games on the Wii.

Scarface
The Godfather
Obsure
Resident Evil
Alone in the Dark
All Call of Duty games
Both Conduit
Dead Rising: Chop till you drop

There are more but I don't feel like stating all of them. I'm tired of the overuse of no mature games on the Wii. Yes a lot of them looked better on the other consoles but they are on the Wii. This misconception should just go away. Whether the mature games was to your liken is a moot point. They are on the system. There will be mature games on the Wii U. Every console has games in all categories. Back to the main topic. If Epic wants to make a game for the Wii U, then they will. If they don't, then you will not be playing their games on the Wii U.

i agree but the reality is some of those games where made as exclusives because wii couldn't handle the real hardcore/ mature games. look at the mature games on other console and how many copies they sold. we are talking about 10-12 million copies sold of assassins creed. red dead redemption... i could go on. the question is still out on whether a game like those will really sell well on a nintendo console... which in the gaming industry is seen as a more family friendly console.

#39 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

i agree but the reality is some of those games where made as exclusives because wii couldn't handle the real hardcore/ mature games. look at the mature games on other console and how many copies they sold. we are talking about 10-12 million copies sold of assassins creed. red dead redemption... i could go on. the question is still out on whether a game like those will really sell well on a nintendo console... which in the gaming industry is seen as a more family friendly console.

I think Nintendo can definitely get these franchises on board with the Wii U, it'll take some effort though. But it's wrong to say they're not trying, especially when practically every game we know about currently for the Wii U is "mature" or "hardcore" in some way. We've only had a couple passing mentions of Wii Sports/Fit/Play successors, and things like that. GTA V would be a brilliant game to lure the mature audiences back in, but Rockstar doesn't seem to enthusiastic about it and if it just gets a port a few months after the 360/PS3 versions then I doubt it'll make much of a difference. A shame really. Maybe the next game in the Red Dead series though?

Posted Image

#40 Finesthour

Finesthour

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    My little Pony

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Just... no.

I love Gow being on the xbox.

Putting in on the wii, and not having Epic make it,

Is like a disgrace to gears fans.

If epic would make it, I would be ok with it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!