Photo

PS4 sales reach 7 million units sold, outsells the Xbone in Europe.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

No such thing as CORE gamers. Soccer Moms have a term because they pick up thier kids from freaking soccer or other sports but is pretty specific. Core is a loose subjective BS term to describe anyone who buys hyped AAA M rated games to some. And in Nintendo's mind it's anyone who buys Mario kart. Yet to people Mario kart is casual. No one knows WTF Core Gamers is. Every company has a different use for it. It's also used as a pretentious term as saying those who play a certain type of game are above those who play another certain type of game. Well if we go that route I have 400 games so I am more core than someone with 399 or someone who only plays current gen systems. Well that's BS. Just means one is a collector and one is not and others have far more games and des not make them any more core. Just more resources or time.

Core is the gaming verion of the term Organic in marketing. Legally Organic can be put on a computer or car because it uses natual matierials such as metal. All it takes. Core is even more loose than that. It can be slapped on whatever a company deems fit.

Either you are a gamer or you are not. Some play more,have more,different tastes. Just because I prefer Dragon's Crown to Uncharted does not make me more Core or vice versa. Also in case you bring it up Dude bros is not a marketing term but a derogatory term used to slander a stereotype. Major fifference there as well.

Also it sound slike you are saying a sucker (after all a sucker norn every minute) is a CORE gamer..then WTF so much dumb in that it's mind boggling. Also you make impression you made  the assumption all 7 million of those are suckers. Really?!

The reason I asked soccer mom is thatsall you heard last gen with Wii. Only soccer mom's buy the wii not real gamers not core gamers. 

#22 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

No such thing as CORE gamers. Soccer Moms have a term because they pick up thier kids from freaking soccer or other sports but is pretty specific. Core is a loose subjective BS term to describe anyone who buys hyped AAA M rated games to some. And in Nintendo's mind it's anyone who buys Mario kart. Yet to people Mario kart is casual. No one knows WTF Core Gamers is. Every company has a different use for it. It's also used as a pretentious term as saying those who play a certain type of game are above those who play another certain type of game. Well if we go that route I have 400 games so I am more core than someone with 399 or someone who only plays current gen systems. Well that's BS. Just means one is a collector and one is not and others have far more games and des not make them any more core. Just more resources or time.

Core is the gaming verion of the term Organic in marketing. Legally Organic can be put on a computer or car because it uses natual matierials such as metal. All it takes. Core is even more loose than that. It can be slapped on whatever a company deems fit.

Either you are a gamer or you are not. Some play more,have more,different tastes. Just because I prefer Dragon's Crown to Uncharted does not make me more Core or vice versa. Also in case you bring it up Dude bros is not a marketing term but a derogatory term used to slander a stereotype. Major fifference there as well.

Also it sound slike you are saying a sucker (after all a sucker norn every minute) is a CORE gamer..then WTF so much dumb in that it's mind boggling. Also you make impression you made  the assumption all 7 million of those are suckers. Really?!

truuuueeeeeee

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Is "SOCCER MOM" a made up term also. Because I can guarantee you that th 7 million people that have brought the ps4 so far is not soccer mom's or families. It core gamers. The one that visit the web sites, probably singles with the time and money to splurge on a console and get hyped that it's the most powerful console this gen.

Yes it is.
There is no mom-soccer teams.

You're probably wrong, the p4 is a mediabox first and foremost.
Games come in 2015.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yes it is.
There is no mom-soccer teams.

You're probably wrong, the p4 is a mediabox first and foremost.
Games come in 2015.

We will see when 2015 comes around. just an opinion no one is right or wrong yours might be different along with others thats just your take on things.

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

There's no such thing as hardcore gamers? Is this a joke? Ryudo's reaching Saturns level of intelligence now.

Can't say I'm surprised. This entire forum has reached a level even Saturn couldn't reach.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. This entire forum has reached a level even Saturn couldn't reach.

I have lived an eventuful life and forgotten more than he will ever know.

Edited by Ryudo, 31 March 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#27 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Edited by Aplg8, 01 April 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#28 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

you've said too much.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

It boggles how the ps4 has benefitted from microsofts misstep at e3.

I have the wii u, the xbox one, and the ps4.

I'm still waiting for metroid, Zelda, and X on wii u but I've had fun with Mario and some virtual console stuff. The x1 seems to get the most usage with titanfall, mgs:gz (because the raiden level beats a ps1 gfx "nod" to mgs on ps4), and Ryse. Didn't see a diff between tomb raiser on either one. But the xbox one controller is much nicer than the ps4 controller. So I kept that version. Kinect is actually really cool, the interface is far better, and the app options more robust. On top of it all, the build quality between ps4 and x1 is pretty obvious and it doesn't favor ps4. But not having a separate power brick (with its own internal fan... Seriously ms?) is a plus. But having to reformat my ps4 after it glitches out during a game install was scary and irritating.

On ps4, I enjoyed Killzone, which actually turned out to be a very enjoyable game. Haven't picked up infamous yet, because the superhero skater motif doesn't do anything for me, but it looks great and probably will soon.

Yeh ps4 has a better gpu. And it shows in games that utilize it yow increase resolution so far. But I'm not seeing a real difference yet.

In my personal opinion, the Xbox one is easily the better system in terms of everything it does as a whole. In comparison, the ps4 just seems... Spartan. Sort of under featured. But it does excel at putting great looking games in front of you. Both the xbox one and ps4 are powerful enough for epic style games. But the x1 just seems to offer more.

That said, I do prefer the ps4 segmented d pad and the graphics in killzone surprised me at times with just how good they are. Looking forward to seeing something push this thing.

The ps4 is a great system, but I seriously doubt it would be the front runner if ms didn't come off like the old lady trying to eat hansel and gretel.

Sony NEEDS the ps4 to do well.they are in serious pain. So I'm glad for it. And the desperation has forced them to give us higher speed ram and a pretty dang good gpu. So that's great too.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 April 2014 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!