• 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

MarioKart8_02.gif

THERE'S your secret sauce.

Oh, and my sig seems pretty good, too.

Edited by R00bot, 24 April 2014 - 04:41 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#22 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

thought he was backing you up. saying people ask for specs, u deliver and then people claim they dont care. 

I was just adding to the discussion either way, not arguing with him...

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

YEah we have to see that game first before we say what it can do. Still waiting on Shin'en to PROPERLY reveal Fast Racing Neo. I am just afraid we wont have many devs put the time in to show what Wii U can do over the years. They seem to be ok with getting ps360 level graphics out of the machine and calling it a day. Nintendo dont have many devs that look to push graphics... nintendo is gameplay first. I want to see Zelda U (I know I know E3), Metroid, New IP's from Retro and Miyamoto, and please bring project hammer back with Wii U level power that could be a head turner.

Art of Balance for WiiU uses the same res textures. All Shin'en games will. I maybe wrong but think Pure Chess does as well.

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Art of Balance for WiiU uses the same res textures. All Shin'en games will. I maybe wrong but think Pure Chess does as well.

we will see

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

we will see

We already have. Shin'en said all WiiU games they make use the same rez textures and here is some screens of it

iKCHqbdDnkXIp.jpgiJIir8pPDTua1.jpg

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

We already have. Shin'en said all WiiU games they make use the same rez textures and here is some screens of it

iKCHqbdDnkXIp.jpgiJIir8pPDTua1.jpg

Yeah I have seen those screens hard to get really excited about those. I purchased art of balance for the 3ds have no intent on purchasing again. I am just ready to see what they do with fast racing neo. They said on twitter they were using a more realistic artstyle and that was part of the reason the wait is taking so long. Curious to see what they can do... one of the few who will truly try and push the WiiU

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Yeah I have seen those screens hard to get really excited about those. I purchased art of balance for the 3ds have no intent on purchasing again. I am just ready to see what they do with fast racing neo. They said on twitter they were using a more realistic artstyle and that was part of the reason the wait is taking so long. Curious to see what they can do... one of the few who will truly try and push the WiiU

If you arent able to infer the texture quality that comes with 4k and 8k textures, from these screenshots with ridiculous crisp 4k and 8k textures, and realize that those texture resolutions, and that crispness will be in fast racing neo, which will also be using 4k and 8k textures, then thats your problem, not ours.

'You will see'

Not 'We will see'.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

If you arent able to infer the texture quality that comes with 4k and 8k textures, from these screenshots with ridiculous crisp 4k and 8k textures, and realize that those texture resolutions, and that crispness will be in fast racing neo, which will also be using 4k and 8k textures, then thats your problem, not ours.

'You will see'

Not 'We will see'.

The gaming world will see

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

If they can't see what's right in front of them they are either blind or choose to ignore and continue to hate because lol Nintendo.

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

If they can't see what's right in front of them they are either blind or choose to ignore and continue to hate because lol Nintendo.

They? Who are you referencing when you say that? 

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

They? Who are you referencing when you say that? 

Man-Looking-in-Mirror.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

Man-Looking-in-Mirror.gif

Guess that's the answer

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

yeah gave up on this a while ago.... The Wii U hardware secrets have become bigger than BIGFOOT and THE LOCH NESS MONSTER.... we have a better chance of finding them and seeing proof before we see Wii U specs and know fully what it is capable of.

Hahaha. Great post.

#34 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Hahaha. Great post.

Thank you very much.. but sad is that has become true. Nintendo needs to change this. It has started to only hurt them. 

#35 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Mario Kart 8 is running at 1080p 60fps... 

FcGJdsw.png

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Mario Kart 8 is running at 1080p 60fps... 

FcGJdsw.png

Just so you guys know, since not a single person who has posted this, on the entirety of the internet, during their drooling psuedo psychotic glee and picture posting, ever actually EVER mentioned WHERE this 'confirmation' came from... Every singly barely articulate article crowing about this that actually DID leave a source, shows it comes from the same source.

It came from a breif mention from a eurogamer preview.

http://www.eurogamer...ed-to-originals

'The game's visuals are beautiful, 1080p and 60fps even in two-player split-screen'

The same article that, apparantly doesnt know how to spell the word 'tires': 'Puddles mirror your tyres as you splash by'.

The comment was nothing more than a blip, there was no image analysis, there was no attempt to specifically discern a resolution. It was simply a comment, from a gamz girnoliz who probably doesnt know that there is a difference between something natively rendered in 1080p, and something rendered in 720p and upscaled before being sent to the tv, and thinks just because the tv says 1080p, that thats what the game is being natively rendered at.

In other words, calm down until we have real confirmation.

Seriously guys. This is out to the forum as a whole. You need to stop reacting on a surface level to things. And this applies to every subject under the sun. People here need to start being able to seperate behavior from emotion, from logic.

Just because something makes you 'feel bad' or hurts your 'feelings' doesnt inherently mean it is bad, doesnt automatically mean its false, or wrong, and thus doesnt need to be thought about. Similarly, just because something makes you 'feel good' or says something you want to hear, doesnt automatically make it right, to the extent you dont need to think about it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Wow, way to be a Debbie Downer.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#38 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

The same article that, apparantly doesnt know how to spell the word 'tires': 'Puddles mirror your tyres as you splash by'.

The site is called Eurogamer, so of course they would use the European/GB word for tyre, which is correctly spelled.

Second sentence is true though, no real confirmation that 1080p is native or not. 60fps is the main thing that has been confirmed.

#39 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Can we please start moderating people that keep on bringing up this rainbow? Anyone who owns a Wii U enjoys it (unless they force themselves not to), so any argument about it's capabilities is pointless. It's the only home console that will get Smash Bros and that's final; end of subject.

Woooooow ahahahaha

I thought this was a forum? As in, a place to discuss? And this is definitely the hardware section. "Arguing" about the console's capabilities is basically as on-topic as you can get here. And who even brought up Smash Bros. here, in this thread? Because I don't think that's even remotely on the topic at hand, or of this section, period. So why it's the, as you say, "end of subject," nobody will ever know. 

Anyways, I regret to say I'm not very technologically advanced when it comes to understanding specs. As such it's difficult to read... half of what you said in the OP. However, I think I get the gist of it: Wii U is weaker, games look great anyways, there has to be a reason. 

Really, that reason is probably just that Nintendo have their style, and it's not something you see often. Looking closely at most Wii U games, they honestly don't look too good in terms of textures and all that jazz. But they have a very colorful, light-hearted style that isn't seen much, in high definition, in the console space. So when we DO get them, they stand out. 

When it comes to utilizing lighting, they also seem to be a lot better than a lot of other companies. Like said above, their textures aren't the best, but with a rare(ish) style and nice lighting, everything looks nicer and plays a lot smoother to the common eye. Though they do like their light a bit... too much. Wow that Mario Kart 8 lens flare...

'The game's visuals are beautiful, 1080p and 60fps even in two-player split-screen'

The comment was nothing more than a blip, there was no image analysis, there was no attempt to specifically discern a resolution. It was simply a comment, from a gamz girnoliz who probably doesnt know that there is a difference between something natively rendered in 1080p, and something rendered in 720p and upscaled before being sent to the tv, and thinks just because the tv says 1080p, that thats what the game is being natively rendered at.

Wasn't Tropical Freeze "confirmed" to run 1080p at 60 FPS for months, just for it to actually be 720p native? Probably the case here as well. I just hope it's a locked 60 here. There were a few places in Donkey Kong where I caught some frame drops. Kind of annoyed me that, even being 720p, they couldn't get it locked.

Edited by ChrisD, 06 May 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#40 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

Just so you guys know, since not a single person who has posted this, on the entirety of the internet, during their drooling psuedo psychotic glee and picture posting, ever actually EVER mentioned WHERE this 'confirmation' came from... Every singly barely articulate article crowing about this that actually DID leave a source, shows it comes from the same source.

It came from a breif mention from a eurogamer preview.

http://www.eurogamer...ed-to-originals

Seriously guys. This is out to the forum as a whole. You need to stop reacting on a surface level to things. And this applies to every subject under the sun. People here need to start being able to seperate behavior from emotion, from logic.

Just because something makes you 'feel bad' or hurts your 'feelings' doesnt inherently mean it is bad, doesnt automatically mean its false, or wrong, and thus doesnt need to be thought about. Similarly, just because something makes you 'feel good' or says something you want to hear, doesnt automatically make it right, to the extent you dont need to think about it.

Sad but i blame Nintendo. No one really to a certain degree expected Wii U to be on the same power level as ps4 xb1. I still think it can compete to a certain degree in some situations. Nintendo should have just said from the beginning. This is a console designed to give you the best 720p 60fps experience for the majority of its games.... That ends all the speculation and people can move on but this secreative we are the only one that should know stuff is really old mentality in 2014 even 2012 when it was released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!