• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yes, I know the article is from eurogamer... The same idiots who magnify any little imperfect detail on every Wii U game. 

I thought a Nintendo representative told them the resolution though... of course they didn't make a "test".

And tire in England is "tyre"?

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Yes, I know the article is from eurogamer... The same idiots who magnify any little imperfect detail on every Wii U game. 

I thought a Nintendo representative told them the resolution though... of course they didn't make a "test".

And tire in England is "tyre"?

Oh yeah. Sorry I meant that to be directed at the internet ie games media, whos supposed to be competent and trustworthy so as to NOT turn their reader base into misinformed morons who are only such because they made the mistake of trusting the games media.... and the forum at large generalized and depersonalized, I just see some really poor thought processes all around lately....it just happened to be your post I quoted that set my rant in motion.

I was just really really frusterated at gamz girnoliz reaction to this. A million substanceless mindless articles popped up all over the place, half of them without so much as any sourcing whatsoever, and OF COURSE a million anti nintendo reaction articles claiming how its only possible because 'art style' requires no system power so is easy to do in 1080p... And all on a subject that very likely is going to turn out to be a 'misunderstanding' yet... again.... Like so many other Wii u games that were 'comfirmed' 1080p that werent.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Is the Wii U really so bad that we have to compare it to last gen's systems?

I don't even...

#44 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

The Wii U is a mediocre system and the software on the Wii U is also mediocre.

The Wii U needs third party support.

I think the Wii U that you claim to own is more likely a Chinese knock off, or you just don't own one or any of it's games.

#45 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

I think the Wii U that you claim to own is more likely a Chinese knock off, or you just don't own one or any of it's games.

I've posted my games library, so clearly I do own one.

#46 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Not necessarily.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#47 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Clear as mud.

I finally understand your childish rants towards console, you see, I have sampled most of PC's "best games" and they are just poor vs consoles exclusives. My PC is a web browser and that's pretty much it.

Having poor games make you bitter?

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Clear as mud.

I finally understand your childish rants towards console, you see, I have sampled most of PC's "best games" and they are just poor vs consoles exclusives. My PC is a web browser and that's pretty much it.

:(

No, thats not the real pc, thats 'publisher console pc rape', real pc is being kept in the dungeon and starved. Its weak and anemic, so despite all the pc's power it can only produce small scale games, but of incredible game design.

http://thecastledoctrine.net/

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Clear as mud.

I'm trying to get my account suspended and deleted, hence my trolling.

I actually love my Wii U and its game, I just dislike this forum and the users on it.

So I'll say anything just to get a rise out of the members on here.

#50 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Clear as mud.

You've had a very poor sampling, then.

What games did you play, out of curiosity? I assume you don't care for RTS or MOBAs (bleh, I dislike that term.)

I don't even...

#51 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I actually love my Wii U and its game, I just dislike this forum and the users on it.

With that I just removed your ability to create posts without giving you a warning point.

#52 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

You've had a very poor sampling, then.
What games did you play, out of curiosity? I assume you don't care for RTS or MOBAs (bleh, I dislike that term.)

I'm talking Civilization, Starcraft, Dota 2 etc. None have captivated my imagination or hooked me into exciting and challenging gameplay, hard to describe but in the end I'm happy with the 3rd party ports on PC and that's all.

As a platform for exclusives, PC isn't on par with consoles. never has been.

Still childish.

People have given you a chance but I saw through your opinions all along and I think that's one reason we don't get along and never will.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 08 May 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#53 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm talking Civilization, Starcraft, Dota 2 etc. None have captivated my imagination or hooked me into exciting and challenging gameplay, hard to describe but in the end I'm happy with the 3rd party ports on PC and that's all.

Ah, so it's a matter of bad taste opinion, then xD

I don't even...

#54 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

*cough* Portal *cough*

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#55 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Portal is but one game, and its a very unique one at that.  It doesn't compare to the many many console exclusives.

Its rather besides the point though as without PC we wouldn't have the healthy console indie market we have today.  I dare say it also contributes to iOS/Android software because there were already trained programmers thanks to the PC indie market.

We also must not forget that a lot of games which have gone on to do well on console wouldn't have existed without the PC indie/shareware market.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 10 May 2014 - 01:45 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#56 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

*cough* Portal *cough*

Played this on The Orange Box for PS3, like years ago.

#57 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Portal is but one game, and its a very unique one at that. 

Two, actually.

And wasn't the second on the console anyway?

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 10 May 2014 - 03:54 PM.

I don't even...

#58 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I can solve Bigfoot

http://en.wikipedia....Gigantopithecus

So see even Bigfoot is proven fact easier to prove than WiiU hardware

We have better reference than that.  We have oficial historical books from the 15th century, not myths or literature, but historical books about the races of hummanoids that lived and live on planet earth. The book is hand written and it was the oficial history of my country for 200 years from the end of 15th (16th-18th) century.  I could give you the link to download it, as we have it for free in digital form (scanned), but you couldnt read it, its classic form of Hellenic, not modern. This book is not very known and banned. Only 1 copy left, they burned the rest. Thats how we got it and scanned in a public digital  library.  It is banned, because it mentions some strange races among the normal ones. Also it gives details about each race, that are not known to foreign countries.

1) Clever monkeys

2) Kynokefalos (animal head and human body), we have minotaur in ancient Greece, egyptians have the cat look like humanoids, etc

3) Reptilians  (u know them from conspiracy theorists)

4) Unicorns  (humans with 1 horn)

5) Giants

6) it also refers to cyclops and 1 more race with 2 heads and 1 body

This is also an explanation, why people some times born children with this kind of anomalies... Thats how they call them today. It is not, it is just some leftover dna from the past.

Bigfoots can be considered as clever monkeys, not Gigantopithikos  (giant monkey).

Edited by Plutonas, 10 May 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

wtf?
I understand starcraft and dota being rainbow, and they are, but which civilization?

Play Nuclear Dawn, Dayz, Rust, Roller coaster Tycoon, Prison Architect, Payday, orcs must die, killing floor, ftl,
I suppose the list is shortened by how many ended up being ported to consoles to make more money.
Like how rayman legends was ported to ps360 to make more money.

lol at the exclusives bs. The array of choice alone trumps the movies the platform holders churn out.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

We have better reference than that.  We have oficial historical books from the 15th century, not myths or literature, but historical books about the races of hummanoids that lived and live on planet earth. The book is hand written and it was the oficial history of my country for 200 years from the end of 15th (16th-18th) century.  I could give you the link to download it, as we have it for free in digital form (scanned), but you couldnt read it, its classic form of Hellenic, not modern. This book is not very known and banned. Only 1 copy left, they burned the rest. Thats how we got it and scanned in a public digital  library.  It is banned, because it mentions some strange races among the normal ones. Also it gives details about each race, that are not known to foreign countries.

1) Clever monkeys

2) Kynokefalos (animal head and human body), we have minotaur in ancient Greece, egyptians have the cat look like humanoids, etc

3) Reptilians  (u know them from conspiracy theorists)

4) Unicorns  (humans with 1 horn)

5) Giants

6) it also refers to cyclops and 1 more race with 2 heads and 1 body

This is also an explanation, why people some times born children with this kind of anomalies... Thats how they call them today. It is not, it is just some leftover dna from the past.

Bigfoots can be considered as clever monkeys, not Gigantopithikos  (giant monkey).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!