#41 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

Well, abortion isn't meant to be a population control device, specifically. It's simply meant for terminating an unwanted pregnancy. There are far......faster?.... ways of controlling the population, although they decrease in morality the faster you get.

Nah

#42 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

One of the situations in which I think abortion is appropriate, is if the child will have a poor quality of life. If the mother of the child will not be able to look after the child, such as if she was a very young mother.

I agree with all the other examples you gave except for this one, why was it ok for the young person to have unprotected sex knowing that they could not provide for the baby hence creating life only to terminate it. Allowing abortions in this case is like rewarding stupidity. This is in terms of the UK of course, in other countries where contraception is not readily available then abortions are ok.

You can get contraception free from the clinic in the UK so there's little excuse. Also you have to define what is deemed a poor quality of life that it would be better not to live?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#43 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

I agree with all the other examples you gave except for this one, why was it ok for the young person to have unprotected sex knowing that they could not provide for the baby hence creating life only to terminate it. Allowing abortions in this case is like rewarding stupidity. This is in terms of the UK of course, in other countries where contraception is not readily available then abortions are ok.

You can get contraception free from the clinic in the UK so there's little excuse. Also you have to define what is deemed a poor quality of life that it would be better not to live?

I will give you a poor condition of life (out of a situation I conjured out of my sick and twisted mind)

The parents do not care about the child whatsoever. The child is forced into cooking dinner, and is not allowed to eat except for a few crumbs off of the stove. The child has only two pairs of clothes while the parents have a full dresser full of clothes.

Basically, if the parents don't take care of them at all it is best to have a abortion to prevent a tortured soul, I suppose.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 10 July 2011 - 12:43 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#44 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

I will give you a poor condition of life (out of a situation I conjured out of my sick and twisted mind)

The parents do not care about the child whatsoever. The child is forced into cooking dinner, and is not allowed to eat except for a few crumbs off of the stove. The child has only two pairs of clothes while the parents have a full dresser full of clothes.

Basically, if the parents don't take care of them at all it is best to have a abortion to prevent a tortured soul, I suppose.

I agree but is it fair for these so called parent to continue creating numerous lives just to abort them. It's not the unborn/undeveloped child's fault that these parents are sick. Why is it fair to deny the child life because of substandard parents?

They say that its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Can't the same thing be said about life? Better to have a crap one than no to have one at all?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#45 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

Ok, so you think allowing teens to abort because of stupidity rewards stupidity? Think about the kid, bro. How do you think the kid's life would be being raised by an immature teenager?

And furthermore, you say why should they be allowed to create multiple lives just to abort them. as long as they abort them before we can consider them human, there's no issue.

Nah

#46 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Ok, so you think allowing teens to abort because of stupidity rewards stupidity? Think about the kid, bro. How do you think the kid's life would be being raised by an immature teenager?

That is if they DO raise them, adoption is always an option.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#47 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

Alright, new topic.

Sonic vs. Mario

Who wins?

fox.gif

#48 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

And furthermore, you say why should they be allowed to create multiple lives just to abort them. as long as they abort them before we can consider them human, there's no issue.

To your first question, their life might not be glitzy for sure but like I said before kids grow up in war torn countries and in starvation everyday. There is support out there for teenagers in the UK at least. The teenagers who get pregnant should toughen up and take care of what they created. Is it alright for me to not neuter my cat so that she has lots of kittens and then drown them? No it isn't.

To your second question, that brings up a whole different debate about when should we consider them to be human. When the egg is fertilised? When it starts to grow discernible features? Catholics believe a baby gets a soul at conception.

Finally to the new debate, (quite a light choice after what we've just been discussing SDY XD ), If you are saying who would win in a battle then I would say Sonic, Mario would be too slow for him. if you're saying who has the better games then I would say Mario, some Sonic games have almost brought me to tears with how crap they have been.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#49 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

sonic

Edited by Oni-Link, 28 July 2011 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

I'm going to agree with EK on this one. Mario has way better games but Sonic is way faster than him so he could just beat him down and run away.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#51 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

Mario. He'd win just because of the raw number of power ups he could use.

Mario is friends with the coolest dinosaur ever. Therefore, Mario wins.

Winning by afiliation

Edited by Lord N, 31 July 2011 - 03:39 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#52 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

#53 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

Mario can't fight without Yoshi therefore he loses :D

Also about the power ups, what if it was a straight up up fight no extra powers?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#54 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Mario can't fight without Yoshi therefore he loses :P

Also about the power ups, what if it was a straight up up fight no extra powers?

Then Mario would most likely lose :P

Edited by brian6330, 03 August 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#55 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Im pretty sure sonic would win. Hes just so fast.

fox.gif

#56 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Im pretty sure sonic would win. Hes just so fast.

Mario won't have enough time to even get a punch in XD

#57 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Mario won't have enough time to even get a punch in XD

Well if Mario could use power-ups, then Mario would use his star to catch up to him.

#58 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

but your arguement is invalid because we are talking about without powerups

fox.gif

#59 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

well its OBVIOUSLY mario, cuz his awesomeness would just stun sonic into paralysis!! MARIO WILL PWN!!!!!

Posted Image

#60 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

Well if Mario could use power-ups, then Mario would use his star to catch up to him.

IF Mario would use power-ups then Sonic could use the Chaos emeralds and pawn Mario in 5 seconds.

Anyways, we're talking without powerups...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!