• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

DUDE.......How can I explain this???
Wii U specs
1.2ghz PPC processor
2GB of RAM
550mhz UKNOwn GPU

YOUR AMD HD5550 RIG SPECS.(Note;when you are benchmarking a graphics card you are supposed to give it as much resources as possible)

At least a core i3(Am sure its an i7)
definetly 8GB of RAM(if not 16)
A 1000watt power supply
OH 5550 GDDR5(not DDR3)

Please USE YOUR BRAIN and compare the specs

The reason that xbox one GPU is running call of duty at sub HD is the fact that its running on DDR3 VRAM (bandwith of 30-40gb/s) compared to its PC and Ps4 counterparts which are running a GDDR5(70-150gb/s) this 30-60gb/s difference can make miracles

Long time no see. This is Porridge or whatever name you remember me by. Start posting more or I will make you listen to tweenage girl music. Lol.

Edited by Porhorse, 11 November 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#142 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

Xbox One is not running Call of Duty sub HD.

Oh sorry , I meant sub 1080p

#143 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Some updated tidbits:

We already finished all the complex tasks for the game. Now we concentrate on the content side, gameplay and some needed CPU optimizations to get everything steady at 60fps. The game is already very good playable and the feeling for speed and immersion is even beyond what we had in mind when we started.

It was really a very tough development, I would even say it was the most challenging project we ever did. Now we are finally at the point where everything melts together into that fabulous future racing we imagined at the start. We don’t pressure ourselves with deadlines, we simply don’t know yet when we are done but the last months were extremely productive and the end of development is clearly in sight.

I think the best way to utilize the GamePad is to think first about the benefits for the game. How can it make the experience better? Or is it just a gimmick? That really depends on your game. At least every game should implement Off-TV play, because it’s simply awesome to play the Wii U in your bed icon_wink.gif?f319f9

http://wiiudaily.com...ve-off-tv-play/

Shinen interview http://www.nintendol...opment_approach
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#144 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

This game sounds like F-Zero. Why isn't it just called F-Zero?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#145 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

This game sounds like F-Zero. Why isn't it just called F-Zero?

Nintendo needs to buy Shinen and just have them make the F-Zero game people have been waiting for.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#146 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nintendo needs to buy Shinen and just have them make the F-Zero game people have been waiting for.

Well, it sounds like we're going to get an F-Zero in everything but name

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#147 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well, it sounds like we're going to get an F-Zero in everything but name

Yeah but you know if Shinen had nintendo levels of budget at their disposal the game would be even better...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#148 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

Thing is Shin'en has expressed they prefer being independent and not interested in being bought.

#149 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

I was on Shin'en's website and it says they only develop for Wii U, 3DS and PS4. I feel they are kind of dead to me. Anyway, is there any pictures or screenshots out yet?

Edited by Ghost, 03 December 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#150 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

I was on Shin'en's website and it says they only develop for Wii U, 3DS and PS4. I feel they are kind of dead to me. Anyway, is there any pictures or screenshots out yet?

Dead? They are a small studio, 3 - 5 guys i think. A couple of releases a year at most. Screens are in this thread. Page back.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#151 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Dead? They are a small studio, 3 - 5 guys i think. A couple of releases a year at most. Screens are in this thread. Page back.

I'm not sad about that, I sad that if they make a good game one platform won't be able to enjoy it. Anyway not a lot of indies on console is actually a great thing(So you can search for the gems in the dirt more easier) but it's when the good ones that miss a platform, it sucks. 

DUDE.......How can I explain this???
Wii U specs

1.2ghz PPC processor

2GB of RAM

550mhz UKNOwn GPU

YOUR  AMD HD5550 RIG SPECS.(Note;when you are benchmarking a graphics card you are supposed to give it as much resources as possible)

At least a core i3(Am sure its an i7)

definetly 8GB of RAM(if not 16)

A 1000watt power supply

OH 5550 GDDR5(not DDR3)

Please USE YOUR BRAIN and compare the specs

The reason that xbox one GPU is running call of duty at sub HD is the fact that its running on DDR3 VRAM (bandwith of 30-40gb/s) compared to its PC and Ps4 counterparts which are running a GDDR5(70-150gb/s) this 30-60gb/s difference can make miracles

PC users alternate between DDR4,GDDR5 or DDR3. Pc will never have a set spec list or part, also the reason why X1 was running 950p is due to optimization and I don't blame Sledgehammer for it. 

#152 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

I'm not sad about that, I sad that if they make a good game one platform won't be able to enjoy it. Anyway not a lot of indies on console is actually a great thing(So you can search for the gems in the dirt more easier) but it's when the good ones that miss a platform, it sucks. 

That was the goo thing about the nintendo quality seal. But people complained, so...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#153 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

That was the goo thing about the nintendo quality seal. But people complained, so...

Well, different things work at different times but the PSN  is getting bad, Nintendo's is decent and Xbox's is kind of empty. 

#154 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Well, different things work at different times but the PSN  is getting bad, Nintendo's is decent and Xbox's is kind of empty. 

Buy an Ouya

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#155 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Nintendo Seal of Quality had nothing to do with the games quality. Hence all those LJN games on NES. It was because if the 1983 crash where anyone and everyone made games for Atari and other consoles. Purina Dog Chow,Quaker Oats even. Shelves full of shovelware and Atari and such making no money off it an dlosing shelf space for their own games. NES made it so only licensed developers can have Nintendo made carts to make games for the system. Didn't matter if the game was garbage as long as they were licensed to make games on the system. It just prevented much less of that going on. So usually can't just be a Dog CHow company make games and stopped stuff liek Custards Revenge and Beat em and Eat em from happening.

#156 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Nintendo Seal of Quality had nothing to do with the games quality. Hence all those LJN games on NES. It was because if the 1983 crash where anyone and everyone made games for Atari and other consoles. Purina Dog Chow,Quaker Oats even. Shelves full of shovelware and Atari and such making no money off it an dlosing shelf space for their own games. NES made it so only licensed developers can have Nintendo made carts to make games for the system. Didn't matter if the game was garbage as long as they were licensed to make games on the system. It just prevented much less of that going on. So usually can't just be a Dog CHow company make games and stopped stuff liek Custards Revenge and Beat em and Eat em from happening.

Did this apply all the way up until it's removal? Because I've heard it implied that they did actually start measuring quality in more recent gens.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#157 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Did this apply all the way up until it's removal? Because I've heard it implied that they did actually start measuring quality in more recent gens.

It's always been the case of just having licensed developers. The misconception has often been about the quality of the games themselves but no. This is abig  part how Nintendo revitilized the industry. Preventing that kinda stuff from happening. ljn games on NES some of the worst games ever but LJN contracted legit developers to make the games and publish under the LJN banner. (Rare was one of many to make games for them and yup even then Rare made a couple bad games)

Nintendo also had a rule that only 5 games from one devloper per year to prevent shovelware I guess. So developers like Konami made up a fake company called Ultra and TMNT was released under the Ultra name. These restrictions helped a lot but also pissed off developers.

#158 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

PC users alternate between DDR4,GDDR5 or DDR3. Pc will never have a set spec list or part, also the reason why X1 was running 950p is due to optimization and I don't blame Sledgehammer for it.

small correction here
DDR4 is very expensive, and when they tested the 5550 they were probably running on DDR3
GDDR5 is a graphics memory which as far as I know is dedicated to graphics cards only.

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 05 December 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#159 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Buy an Ouya

I loved you WydrA, why do you hurt me so much?

small correction here
DDR4 is very expensive, and when they tested the 5550 they were probably running on DDR3
GDDR5 is a graphics memory which as far as I know is dedicated to graphics cards only.

I wasn't talking about the pricing, yes DDR4 is expensive but PC users do use it. 

Edited by Ghost, 05 December 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#160 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Does anyone know when we're getting more screens of this game? I want to see some cars on the tracks :)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!