#1 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

I would honestly guess that the WiiU will end up being the most powerful next gen counsel because look at Sony, they are not financially fit for a more powerful counsel than the PS3 with the failure of the Vita. I was also informed that Sony is loosing $60 for every Vita sold because of bad software sales so that will push Sony out of the picture if they want to be smart. Now Microsoft isnt in such good shape either because the XBox360 isnt priced high enough for any profit and are also loosing money. The only company with enough success to truly take out the competition would be Nintendo. They are in the middle of success with the 3DS so thus they are much more qualified to make that powerful counsel because they regained everything that they lost with the shaky 3DS sales and more.

This leads to the estimation that the WiiU would have to be the most powerful next gen counsel but what do all of you think?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

What do I think?

Too early.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

I know but what is your guess? Who do you think will have the most powerful counsel?

Posted Image

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

To be honest, I think that the next-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft will be more powerful than the Wii U, but I think there'll be a much smaller gap than there is with the current gen consoles.

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

That may be true but Sony at one point was loosing $400 for each PS sold with the PS3 and was just recently able to turn a profit out of it. So I would be suprised if Sony makes a more powerful counsel and is still in business.

Posted Image

#6 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

Each system's horsepower is going to depend on when each console is released.

For example:
  • If Microsoft decides to launch its next gen console this holiday season and (I'm guessing Sony is launching PS4 in 2013/Q1 2014), the graphical gap between Wii U and XBOX 720 will be almost null (since Microsoft isn't interested in horsepower anymore, just like Nintendo) but greater comparing to PS4.
  • But if both Microsoft and Sony decide to launch their next gen console in 2013/Q1 2014, the graphical gap between Wii U and XBOX 720/PS4 will be a lot greater.
It all comes down to the launch date of each console I guess.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#7 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

While I don't see Wii U being the most powerful, PS4 and the Next Xbox wont be much more powerful anyway. Sony is in no shape launch a console multiple times more powerful than PS3. They have been in the red since 2007. Sony is practically 1 or 2 bad console launches away from going 3rd party or leaving the business altogether. MS on ther other hand is not so bad. MS is aiming for utility and more Kinect integration with their next system. So expect the next gen consoles to be very close to eachother in power.

Edited by JessPrime, 07 January 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Sony will most likely have the most powerful console. Just because they say they're not focusing on hardware too much doesn't mean we can assume it's going to be weak. Luckily though I think we can count on the Xbox 720 being around Wii U level. Either way I think all consoles will be getting the big multiplats next gen, we have nothing to worry about. The jump from this gen to the next just isn't as big as it was in previous gens.

Posted Image

#9 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Yeah it will be like the 6th Gen(Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and GCN), where all the consoles get multiplats and are all roughly equal in power to one another.

#10 hyp

hyp

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

Yeah it will be like the 6th Gen(Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and GCN), where all the consoles get multiplats and are all roughly equal in power to one another.

I know it's correct, but that bothers me. The Dreamcast ended when the Gamecube started. They never even competed, but it's the only place it fits.
Posted Image

I have my Ambassador 3DS. A Zelda 3DS. Someday I will have a Japan 3DS.

#11 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Each system's horsepower is going to depend on when each console is released.

For example:

• If Microsoft decides to launch its next gen console this holiday season and (I'm guessing Sony is launching PS4 in 2013/Q1 2014), the graphical gap between Wii U and XBOX 720 will be almost null (since Microsoft isn't interested in horsepower anymore, just like Nintendo) but greater comparing to PS4.
  • But if both Microsoft and Sony decide to launch their next gen console in 2013/Q1 2014, the graphical gap between Wii U and XBOX 720/PS4 will be a lot greater.
It all comes down to the launch date of each console I guess.

This doesnt always work because the last gen with the Wii, well the Wii was the last to come out but was also the weakest.

Posted Image

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Like what JessPrime said it will be like 6th gen.
  • Sony did say that the PS4 will only be a little more powerful then the PS3 but knowing how much Sony wants to beat Nintendo they will probably try to make a more powerful console but I would not recommend that to them because then they would probably be selling it at a loss which in Sony state right now that's not a good idea.
  • Microsoft is differert, they can make a more powerful console but probably won't because it seems like Microsoft wants the casual market and even peoplle say that Microsoft might go the Wii route next gen where they would not lose money and because they would not sell it at a lose and would be able to sell it at a good price so they can gain the casual market
  • Nintendo, they gained so much money with the Wii and DS and is gaining even more with the 3DS (even though they are selling it at a loss they are still gaining the money they expected) and they can make a powerful console and would not really have to worry about money for it and Nintendo wants to gain back the core crowed they lost with the Wii and is moving away from the Wii to do it so they can be in the middle where it would be

Xbox 720 - Wii U - PlayStation 4

But we will see next gen what will happens.

#13 GreythaGreat

GreythaGreat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Definitely not. The next Xbox and PS4 will certainly be more powerful; how much more powerful will depend on the release date. But they won't let Nintendo win in terms of innovation AND graphical capabilities.

Plus they probably want to make the Wii U look like the Wii did this generation. The third party support gap of this generation was mainly (but not all) because of the gap between graphical capabilities. The only reason why those two consoles weren't completely slaughtered was because of 3rd party support. They won't want Nintendo to have that either this generation.

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Definitely not. The next Xbox and PS4 will certainly be more powerful; how much more powerful will depend on the release date. But they won't let Nintendo win in terms of innovation AND graphical capabilities.

Plus they probably want to make the Wii U look like the Wii did this generation. The third party support gap of this generation was mainly (but not all) because of the gap between graphical capabilities. The only reason why those two consoles weren't completely slaughtered was because of 3rd party support. They won't want Nintendo to have that either this generation.

There is no way Sony and Microsoft can make the Wii U look like the Wii unless the want to spend millions of dollars and sell the consoles around $1500-more at a loss which won't happen.

#15 GreythaGreat

GreythaGreat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

There is no way Sony and Microsoft can make the Wii U look like the Wii unless the want to spend millions of dollars and sell the consoles around $1500-more at a loss which won't happen.

I don't think the graphical differences will be nearly as great as it was last generation, but I do expect Nintendo to be last again in terms of graphics. And both kind of have a track record at selling consoles at a loss, I expect them to do the same thing again. I'm on Nintendo's side, as I hate the other companies' stances towards gaming, but I just call it as I see it. Nintendo's machine will be underpowered again by both consoles. Maybe not by much, but I do expect to see a clear difference, at least on some titles.

#16 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I don't think the graphical differences will be nearly as great as it was last generation, but I do expect Nintendo to be last again in terms of graphics. And both kind of have a track record at selling consoles at a loss, I expect them to do the same thing again. I'm on Nintendo's side, as I hate the other companies' stances towards gaming, but I just call it as I see it. Nintendo's machine will be underpowered again by both consoles. Maybe not by much, but I do expect to see a clear difference, at least on some titles.

No because Sony is struggling just with a hand held! There is no way that they will not go out of business if they make it anymore powerful than the WiiU. They just cant financially support that.

Posted Image

#17 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

the only thing i know is if nintendo say there going to do sumthin they do it if they say they will have a powerful console for more hardcore gamers than thats wat it will be nintendo know that if developers have to dumb down there games so they will run on there console its not going to b a success my predictions we will c a ps2 xbox and gc era of consoles very very minimal difference this keeps developers happy

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

purple link, i agree, sony's ps4 will be less powerful or on par (unless it comes out in 2014 in which case it might be a bit better). anyway xbox is going for casual recently cos it brings big money, and i think microsoft's next console will be cheap to attract casual gamers. i think its not definate, but very possible that wii u will be most powerful
Posted Image

#19 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Agreed, though I don't think the difference will be particularly big. As long as we get the multiplats I'll be perfectly happy. Being a bit underpowered may even benefit Nintendo next gen, for two reasons. Less powerful hardware means cheaper to produce, which likely means it'll be cheaper than competitors. If the Wii U offers every game that PS4 and 720 do and costs less then the average consumer won't care if the graphics aren't quite as good. And of course, if Microsoft and Sony make their consoles too powerful then development costs could get quite high. Japanese developers especially aren't too fond of developing for super powerful systems, which is probably part of the reason why many are choosing 3DS over Vita in the handheld wars.

Though Sony will probably go for a powerful console, I still think we can't really say what Microsoft will do. I don't think they'll go as far as the Wii did, but Kinect will definitely be a very major focus of the Xbox 720. I've heard that Kinect 2 will be packaged in box with every console, so that seems obvious.

Posted Image

#20 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Agreed, though I don't think the difference will be particularly big. As long as we get the multiplats I'll be perfectly happy. Being a bit underpowered may even benefit Nintendo next gen, for two reasons. Less powerful hardware means cheaper to produce, which likely means it'll be cheaper than competitors. If the Wii U offers every game that PS4 and 720 do and costs less then the average consumer won't care if the graphics aren't quite as good. And of course, if Microsoft and Sony make their consoles too powerful then development costs could get quite high. Japanese developers especially aren't too fond of developing for super powerful systems, which is probably part of the reason why many are choosing 3DS over Vita in the handheld wars.

Though Sony will probably go for a powerful console, I still think we can't really say what Microsoft will do. I don't think they'll go as far as the Wii did, but Kinect will definitely be a very major focus of the Xbox 720. I've heard that Kinect 2 will be packaged in box with every console, so that seems obvious.

the chances of sony going powerful are miniscule. have you not seen how much they made of the ps3 and vita, thier first time trying to be the most powerful (other than psp)? they made massive losses, not a penny of profit, that mixed with the fact that sony openly said they wont invest in ps4 much confirms ps4 will be weak and cheap like ps2 and ps1
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!