GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

1st screenshot from "FAST Racing Neo" - our upcoming Wii U futuristic racer. More to come next week. http://t.co/jVDApxk22r Follow the link.

Sorry guys that should have said screenshot and not screenshots meaning plural. Either way more coming next week. 

BxpMUcwCMAA3ySE.jpg

Edited by GAMER1984, 16 September 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:36 AM

Was just about to post this, is that in game because that actually looks pretty damn good

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Was just about to post this, is that in game because that actually looks pretty damn good

yeah thats in game. They are proud of what they achieved with this game. They said the long wait period was because they decided to go a more realstic route with the artstyle. So now we just have to wait until next week to see more.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:08 AM

FastRacingNeo1.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Hound of God

Hound of God

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:Hound_of_God

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

It was worth the wait.

I'm impressed (like there's any other option).

Need%20a%20hug.png

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

People on gaf already tearing Shinen a new butt hole, saying it's bad because of a repeat bushes and textures. I don't think these people realize it's a racing game.....

Enjoy your Forza 5 cardboard cutouts of people

KHkLV08.png

Edited by Sorceror12, 16 September 2014 - 02:39 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

People on gaf already tearing Shinen a new butt hole, saying it's bad because of a repeat bushes and textures.

Gaffers all like "O NOES THE BUSHES ARE A BIT REPETITIVE!" because deserts in real life don't have lots of similar looking bushes like seriously fml.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Looks really good.
Wasn`t expecting it too look that good.

Hope it`s fun to play!

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

Looks incredible. Lol at certain same gaffers immediate doublestandards to anything wii u related.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

Those textures look so good.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

Last October Shinen confirmed this car is one of the ones available in game. It is looking to have very cool style..both in environments and car design with the 2 confirmed images.

1383071448-fast-racing-neo.jpg

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

^ That car is also a in game model not promo art . That was confirmed upon the games announcement.

Well the screen looks great. Lacks some art design but one screen. Technically that looks impressive. About as "next gen" as anything else we have seen.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 September 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#13 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Is it just me then? This is some really basic geometry, repeating textures, cloned models and much more.,. Only good thing about this screenshot is the lighting-effects and setup. Guess the real magic happens when it's moving with 120 fps. But then again, why is everybody drooling over this non moving screenshot.

Edited by Lupaie, 16 September 2014 - 08:02 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

Is it just me then? This is some really basic geometry, repeating textures, cloned models and much more.,. 

If it was a world you could move around in, I might be disappointed. I am impressed by texture quality, draw distance, and other details of this environment ie: the track itself, terrain, tanks etc. Also, the scope of this probably will blow away their Wii version. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 16 September 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

Is it just me then? This is some really basic geometry, repeating textures, cloned models and much more.,. Only good thing about this screenshot is the lighting-effects and setup. Guess the real magic happens when it's moving with 120 fps. But then again, why is everybody drooling over this non moving screenshot.

Because this is the only game in the world with instancing.

11.jpg
Xbone, hundreds of staff on team, millions upon millions of dollars spent on production, 40.31 Gb rom size.

FastRacingNeo1.jpg
Wii u, five crazy Europeans, hundreds of cup o noodles, dozens of gallons of coffee spent on production, 1Gb rom size.

Yeah, its damn impressive, even as a still.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

amazing comparision above

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

Daaaaayyyuuuum!!!!

That looks incredible.

Actually better than I expected.

Of course I notice some blatant repeat textures in ONE area. It's a racing game!

Forza has repeat road textures as well.

I do admit, forza 5 looks insanely good. But I also admit... This looks to have the potential to look every bit as good.

Now... Can we please find a way to clone these guys and have them infiltrate the staff working on ever major Nintendo title. It's ridiculous the miracles they work.

After playing forza 5 and destiny a lot this last weekend, I have to say the wii u is definitely punching "above its weight"

The clarity rivals those.

Obviously, the wii u isn't going to out power or rival those systems, but it can look like it does. Lol

I only noticed one real geometry shortcut and that's in an area you will almost never notice in the game unless you look for it.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 16 September 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

1st screenshot from "FAST Racing Neo" - our upcoming Wii U futuristic racer. More to come next week. http://t.co/jVDApxk22r Follow the link.

Sorry guys that should have said screenshot and not screenshots meaning plural. Either way more coming next week. 

BxpMUcwCMAA3ySE.jpg

You can edit your title. Click edit on the post then click the "Full Editor" button or whatever.

On topic: as everyone said, looks incredible. Will gladly support this instead of Project Cars :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

Because this is the only game in the world with instancing.

11.jpg
Xbone, hundreds of staff on team, millions upon millions of dollars spent on production, 40.31 Gb rom size.

FastRacingNeo1.jpg
Wii u, five crazy Europeans, hundreds of cup o noodles, dozens of gallons of coffee spent on production, 1Gb rom size.

Yeah, its damn impressive, even as a still.

Instancing as in cinema4d, where you duplicate an item but still can change certain aspects without destroying the link to its mothermodel? Is that what you mean?

Sure I can appreciate that a small team archieves something a big studio has not. But when I take a step back and don't care for the technique...
I just look at the result and it is not as mind blowing as people suggest. As I meant earlier, you'll problably race through this environment very fast and you won't notice how incredible this is put together.

Still looking out for this very much!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Instancing as in cinema4d, where you duplicate an item but still can change certain aspects without destroying the link to its mothermodel? Is that what you mean?

Sure I can appreciate that a small team archieves something a big studio has not. But when I take a step back and don't care for the technique...
I just look at the result and it is not as mind blowing as people suggest. As I meant earlier, you'll problably race through this environment very fast and you won't notice how incredible this is put together.

Still looking out for this very much!

No, cinema 4d and other 3d modeling programs have no need for actual instancing, they are modeling programs not real run time environments.

Cinema 4d's 'instance' is just a duplicate, you can do whatever you want to it afterwards, its not a real instance, and has its own draw call.

You can not even begin to attempt to compare a real runtime environment to a modeling environment like cinema 4d, maya, or 3d studio max, its incredibly disingenious.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!