• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

http://mynintendonew...n-nintendo-3ds/

>Says the Wii brand is a shadow of its former self
>Claims that Vita offers better value despite killer apps.

Mind you I don't have anything against the PS brand as I am a Sony fan myself and would like to get a Vita but still.

Edited by Sorceror12, 18 November 2014 - 02:42 PM.
added more to title name

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

If 3DS/Wii U had Disgaea, Vita would have nothing.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

POPULAR

Let's "move" on, shall wii?
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

I love the Vita but no.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 November 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Mind you I don't have anything against the PS brand as I am a Sony fan myself and would like to get a Vita but still.

Wii Brand is a shadow of it's former self, though. Wii U has sold 6-8 Million Consoles in double the time the Wii sold 20 Million IIRC. There's no debating it IS a shadow, this would be like the iPhone 6 going from 10 Million sales in the first month to the 6S 5 Million over the first 2. That's massive market loss and shows that the brand is fading away AKA becoming a shadow.

As for the Vita,Sony is drinking the Koolaid. I'd be willing to give them some credit for their statement, but the Vita has had 3 titles of note this year published by Sony: a Remastered Version of a game(SS:D), a poorly optimized port that NO one was asking for(BL2) and a Monster Hunter Ripoff(FW). They just don't give a crap about the Vita anymore outside of remote play/PS+, at least in NA.

This accurately summarizes Sony's care of the Vita:

lR5PNIH.png

Edited by Doctor Strange, 18 November 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

The whole gaming industry and market is a shadow of its former self at least in terms of dedicated hardware. No company will see numbers like last gen. The mobile bubble will soon burst though and dedicated hardware will once again become more attractive.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

POPULAR

First off, Sony way too state the obvious. Not really a dig, pretty sure everyone knows that and there was no reason to point it out.

As for their second argument, the Vita is no way a better deal than the 3DS. How can they even say that when they're pretty much ignoring the thing? Didn't the PR guy know not the bring up the Vita? Sony's trying to kill it off and hope everyone forgot the thing even existed.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

POPULAR

Wii U > Wii when it comes to just pure quality.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

POPULAR

Wii U > Wii when it comes to just pure quality.

Wii U > Wii when it comes to everything except sales.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Well, financially, the Wii u IS a shadow of the wii.

Unfortunately, the vita is a shadow of the psp...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

They both aren't great. That's why it's so amusing to see them fighting about which has a less-bad one.

I don't even...

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

They both aren't great. That's why it's so amusing to see them fighting about which has a less-bad one.

The difference, at least IMO, is that Nintendo decided to support the Wii U until the end(Hopefully) Look at next year for Wii U Games. They know the console has flopped, but they're willing to ride it out. Sony, on the other hand, made the Vita and once it realized it wasn't going to do well, decided to say screw it and are barely supporting it. We have nothing from Sony planned for next year and that's not a good sign.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#13 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

The difference, at least IMO, is that Nintendo decided to support the Wii U until the end(Hopefully) Look at next year for Wii U Games. They know the console has flopped, but they're willing to ride it out. Sony, on the other hand, made the Vita and once it realized it wasn't going to do well, decided to say screw it and are barely supporting it. We have nothing from Sony planned for next year and that's not a good sign.

Indeed. While I'm not a huge fan of either system (no big secret, that) I would definitely buy a Wii U as a next gen console, assuming I bought one at all.

I don't even...

#14 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

Still stupid and unprofessional.

#15 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Oh so you got that article from mynintendonews.com eh? Don't bring his carp here please thanks.

Oh Nintendolife is also running it...fine. Change the link to the one from Nintendolife and then feel free to discuss. Mynintendonews is banned here.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

Wii Brand is a shadow of it's former self, though. Wii U has sold 6-8 Million Consoles in double the time the Wii sold 20 Million IIRC. There's no debating it IS a shadow, this would be like the iPhone 6 going from 10 Million sales in the first month to the 6S 5 Million over the first 2. That's massive market loss and shows that the brand is fading away AKA becoming a shadow.

As for the Vita,Sony is drinking the Koolaid. I'd be willing to give them some credit for their statement, but the Vita has had 3 titles of note this year published by Sony: a Remastered Version of a game(SS:D), a poorly optimized port that NO one was asking for(BL2) and a Monster Hunter Ripoff(FW). They just don't give a crap about the Vita anymore outside of remote play/PS+, at least in NA.

This accurately summarizes Sony's care of the Vita:

lR5PNIH.png

I'm basically gonna reiterate what Rydo said. It's a shadow if you're speaking purely in sales, but it's considerably better if you're talking about anything else.

Also this is why I don't respect Sony. They have no shame about making these stupid cheapshot statements at Nintendo when Nintendo isn't even trying to compete with them and doesn't do the same.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

I'm basically gonna reiterate what Rydo said. It's a shadow if you're speaking purely in sales, but it's considerably better if you're talking about anything else.
Also this is why I don't respect Sony. They have no shame about making these stupid cheapshot statements at Nintendo when Nintendo isn't even trying to compete with them and doesn't do the same.

In what world does my comment not imply I'm talking sales? I used the iPhone as an example? I'm talking sales/Public Perception, so yeah, not sure where this "He's hating on the Wii U" is coming from.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm probably going to drag a lot of hate for this, but...they're halfway right.

The Wii brand is a shadow of its former self. In both sales, public awareness, and developer support.

And as for the Vita...while it hasn't gotten much in the way of "AAA" support, or even straight up support from Sony and its owned companies, I've admittedly been using it way more than my Wii U in just about every aspect. Gaming, youtube...granted, I know this is more of a personal opinion, but the Vita /is/ a pretty good value if you don't mind trying new things. I've got more Vita games than I do for the Wii U, honestly. :T

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

I'm probably going to drag a lot of hate for this, but...they're halfway right.

The Wii brand is a shadow of its former self. In both sales, public awareness, and developer support.
And as for the Vita...while it hasn't gotten much in the way of "AAA" support, or even straight up support from Sony and its owned companies, I've admittedly been using it way more than my Wii U in just about every aspect. Gaming, youtube...granted, I know this is more of a personal opinion, but the Vita /is/ a pretty good value if you don't mind trying new things. I've got more Vita games than I do for the Wii U, honestly. :T

Its a great peice of hardware. and I would get one soooooo hard if sony would just support it.

This is the machine sony should be experimenting with, its powerful enough to do anything in their stable, yet as a handheld halfway between ps2/3 its cheap enough to make full featured games for a fraction of the cost of a ps4.

We should be seeing those high quality sony ip's left out to dry during the worst generation out the arse on this, Dark cloud vita, alundra vita, colony wars vita, legend of dragoon v2 vita, team ico something damned vita, ghost hunter vita, Tomba vita, bushido blade vita, rise of the kasai vita....

Sigh, this dimension sucks. Where are the sliders, I need to go to a dimension where everyone didnt screw everything up...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

In what world does my comment not imply I'm talking sales? I used the iPhone as an example? I'm talking sales/Public Perception, so yeah, not sure where this "He's hating on the Wii U" is coming from.

Check PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!